Did y'all sign up for the "Plenty to Be THANKful For - Blog Challenge/Swap"? See below if you're interested!
Last week, I thought it would be fun to "try" and take one photo each hour so y'all could get a better sense of how I spend each day. It was definitely a lot of fun, but a little more difficult than I anticipated. Anyway, here is a little peak into my life!
4:00-5:00 a.m. - While my alarm is always set to go off at 5am on the dot, I usually wake up a few minutes beforehand (I am SO a morning person). Therefore, I thought it would be fun to show you the view I see each morning from my bedroom balcony.

5:00-6:00 a.m. - My morning routine consists of getting in the shower, and sipping some espresso while I read blogs and eat breakfast.


(Hi, Lindsey!)
6:00-7:00 a.m. - I'm usually ready to go by 6:15 a.m. Most mornings, it's a struggle to get my husband out of bed, but once he's up and moving, we make the bed right away! I'm a stickler about this...much to my hubby's chagrin.

7:00-8:00 a.m. - After I drop my hubby off at work, I begin my 35 minute commute. I usually listen to political talk radio until I hit the expressway, and then it's time for music. I thought it would be fun to catch what was playing right at 7:00 a.m.

8:00-9:00 a.m. - My school day starts at 8:30, and since I think it's uber creepy to post pics of my students, I thought I'd capture one of my favorite things about my classroom right before the day began - my HUGE wall map!

(The day flew by, as usual, without any major hiccups or problems!)
3:00-4:00 p.m. - The day ends right at 3:00, but I had to run off to a meeting. Therefore, the first time I put my feet up? 3:50 p.m.

(It was also leg-warmer day!)
4:00-6:00 p.m. - I forgot to take a picture from 4:00-5:00, as I was busy grading and lesson planning. I suppose what I was doing wasn't all that exciting anyway:) I don't typically stay at work this late, since I like to head home and workout, but today was different due to dinner plans. Here is a photo I snapped on my way home, right around 5:30. I loved the sunset - and I definitely realized that I need a car wash in the process.

6:00-7:00 p.m. - Who would have thought that an hour later, it would be completely dark and storming back downtown? Since I had dinner plans with a friend, I picked my husband up at work and he dropped me off at the restaurant on his way home!

7:00-8:00 p.m. - My friend Sally had a Groupon for dinner at Geja's, arguably one of the most romantic restaurants in Chicago. It's a fondue place, and I had never been, so I decided to be her date. Quite honestly, I thought it was hilarious. The lighting is very dim and red, and each booth is surrounded by wine bottles and curtains.


(Hiiiiiii, Sally!)
8:00-9:00 p.m. - The final fondue course - CHOCOLATE

All in all, it was a good, but LONG day. Admittedly, my life is pretty boring, but I needed blog post ideas. Thanks for humoring me:)
love love love this :) duh that i love you live in the chi haha but looks like such a fun day! obvi being a teacher is pretty exciting (thats my undgrad degree) with some 'down time' aka grading grading grading. i need to check out that restaurant you went too- looks ah-maz-ing!
ReplyDeleteSALLY!!! OK 2 questions: 1 how cute are you? and 2. Where did you get leg warmers cause I want some cute knit ones like that! Copy Cat for the win!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you wake up to that view each day! Stunning! Thanks for sharing doll, and you made me want fondue...xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove the view! You wake up super early (at least to me). I wouldn't be able to that do that. I am so not a morning person :(
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love this idea for a post! I love your wall map too! Being a teacher is great! Even though it can be crazy at times! ;)
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous of the view from your balcony!! So awesome!!
ReplyDeleteWow I really like this! You are adorable and that morning view is gorgeous!
ReplyDeletehoneyandnutmeg.blogspot.com
I love this post! I may have to steal this idea sometime. :) Your view is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I love that you balance work and play =) Oh and this might be weird but your friend kind of looks like Lauren Graham!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this idea!! And you're a trooper for waking up so early. =) The view is amazing too!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
megs [at] Shine On
Wow, pretty photos. I'm still SO jealous of your living situation in Chicago. It's like a dream!
ReplyDeleteOh what a view to wake up to! Photos like that make me fall in love with this city all over again!
ReplyDeleteI have much respect for anyone who regularly wakes up at 5am! 545 is pushing it for me :)
ReplyDeleteAnd gorgeous view from the balcony in the morning!
I've always wanted to do something like this, thanks for showing us a day in your life lady =-)
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. Maybe I should do one too?
ReplyDeleteI like this idea! How neat to get a glimpse into your day! (LOVE your balcony view!)
ReplyDeleteYour life isn't boring at all. :) I loved seeing these pictures--what a neat idea! It's interesting being taken through a whole day in the life of Meghan!
ReplyDeleteWish I could say that most of my classes went by without major hiccups or problems . . . that is never true in my horrific 6th period. :(
I made the blog! This made my day. And I think I'm still full from that meal...which was 6 days ago. And I want legwarmers, too.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, what a great idea! It's nice to see what other people do on a daily basis, even if it does seem a little boring at times :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I'm probably most likely totally going to copy this :)
ReplyDeletei LOVE this post. So Cute. I may have to steal this.... :)
ReplyDeleteIt's Sally!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute post! You take the best pictures, seriously. I may have to borrow this post idea :)
Great post girl! It's interesting to see what your day looks like on the hour!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! I'm going to have to take a picture every hour one day!
ReplyDelete3 things I love....
The picture above your bed
Your leg warmers! So cute and cozy :)
Your BLOG! :)
Ohhh I'm SO flattered!! HI! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your view - I'm a little jealous!
This is so cool! Thanks for sharing :) The view you wake up to is SO SO SO amazing! (and SOOOO different to what I see!) That fondue place sounds hilarious.. is every meal a fondue meal? Awesome!
ReplyDeleteYour view is amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post! I so wish I was a morning person, but I'm definitely a night owl. The view from your apartment is amaze-balls. I can't say it enough.
ReplyDeleteHow cute are your leg warmers?! They bring me back to my days as a kid in tap dancing class. I need an adult pair...hehe.
The fondue restaurant sounds yum and definitely looks romantic. You and the hubby will have to have a date night there!
Ok, I'm a wee bit jealous of your bedroom view! I think it's pretty awesome you live in downtown Chicago.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I wish I could do it too but every hour would be of me sitting at my jail cell looking desk.
ReplyDeleteola! i am so behind on my blog reading that i missed getting in on the plenty to be thankful for blog challenge! love it and can't wait to read your next posts!
ReplyDeletealso wanted to say that i love the idea of a photo per hour. tres cool!