11.22.2011

Plenty To Be THANKful For Challenge, Day 7: Thanksgiving Traditions

Manic Mother


Happy Tuesday, y'all! Today's topic?  I'm THANKful for Thanksgiving Traditions!  I'm sure everyone has their own traditions that they celebrate, and I cannot wait to read all about them!

My Thanksgiving is usually pretty quiet, and I prefer to keep it that way.  While my husband cooks various dishes to bring to our family party (Yes, my husband does ALL of the cooking.  I pick out the wine!), I run the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 8K here in Chicago.  


IMG_1317


IMG_1318


(Pics of me, last year, before and after the Turkey Trot.  The glasses were part of a blog challenge!)

Typically, the hubs and I then pick up some Starbucks before heading to my parents' house for a quiet dinner with our immediate family.  My mom makes a wonderful meal, and it's nice to have time just with my siblings.  


So yeah, that's our Thanksgiving!  I'm really looking forward to getting out of school early on Wednesday AND to have two whole days off on Thursday and Friday.  It's about time!


How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?  Link up below and share your traditions!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a simple, good Thanksgiving =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a nice and relaxing Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Turkey Trots but have never actually done one - for some reason there are none around here. So, this year I organized my own! I have 10 people registered and made my own race numbers. I'm uber excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely and that's great that it starts out with a run. That makes you extra deserving of that big turkey dinner!

    You are rocking those heart sunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. celebrations should always start out with a good starbucks run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay that's the pic from your blog header! Fun :)

    My fam doesn't really have any traditions. We're real casual and low key.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck on the run this year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. :) Love the pic that is SOOO your header! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds simple and relaxing, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...