Before I begin, I wanted to announce that the winner of the Easy Print Canvas giveaway (which I totally forgot about - SHAMEFUL), is:
Ainslee, send me an email at perfectcompilationtape@gmail.com with your contact info -
CONGRATS!

One of the many things I love about blogging is that those who don't blog just DON'T GET IT. They don't always understand...
* That sometimes, bloggers understand us better than those "IRL".
* That blogging and reading blogs for hours on end can be extremely therapeutic.
* That we have our own lingo.
* That we win FREE STUFF!
* That online friendships develop into real friendships, and that it totally isn't creepy to meet up with people you've never met.
I've been fortunate enough to have met several bloggers in real life, and I'd love for you to check them out, too:
Alissa from "Grace's Birdcage" (Not once, but twice!)
Christy from "25 Before 25" (Christy, next time we'll have to go for a run!)
Megan from "Little Girl in the Big World" (We went for a run along the lake!)
Neely from "A Complete Waste of Makeup"
Ashley from "Ashley's Carnival Ride"
Neely and Ashley came to visit me in Chicago this summer and we had a BLAST! I loved that my real life friends had the opportunity to meet the blog friends, and the merging of my two worlds was a success!
We had a ridiculous amount of fun...
Maybe a little TOO much fun...
Did I mention that I not only get to see Neely and Ashley again in a few months at Blissdom, but I also get to meet this rock star, Lindsey, as well??? (Who just happened to complete her first half-marathon, along with these two lovely ladies!)
Sigh. I adore the blogoverse. There are so many women who love and support me unconditionally that have never met me, and I will be forever grateful. Don't you love blogging, too? Tell us why below!
Wow! That's only the most amazing shout out EVER! I can't wait to meet you! Glad the blog/Twitter worlds have been so good to you :-)
ReplyDeleteI love LINDSEY!! Thanks for doing this Thanksgiving swap and challenge. Its been alot of fun!
ReplyDeletekim
kimberlys korner
woooo love this meg :) repin' CHI TOWN! xo
ReplyDeleteOh Meghan, our trip was so wonderful! Can't wait to see you again soon! Love you friend!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome that you've been able to meet so many "IRL"! I hope to do that someday when I have more time and money hehe
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHHHHH :) best giveaway announcement ever
ReplyDeleteLove these ladies too!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't know you wonderful ladies without blogging! Definitely something to be thankful for :)
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky that you've gotten to meet so many of your blog friends IRL. It looks like you all had a blast. I love the one of you and Neely at what looks like the bar. When I was in Chicago, my friends and I took some similar pic at the bean. I couldn't get enough of that thing.
ReplyDeleteYou're so right that people that don't blog just don't get it. We have our own little happy bubble that I love.
You probably much hit the nail on the head! I love the amazing friendships I've formed through blogging and you're right... sometimes our blog friends do know us better than our IRL friends.
ReplyDeleteMeeting blog friends has definitely been a highlight of this whole experience. Never once has it been awkward and is often less awkward then meeting up with an old friend you haven't seen in forever!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet! And YES! The Pilot has never been to Chicago and since it's one of the hubs for his airline, we can fly there free whenever we want! We're trying to plan a trip soon but I think he wants to wait until baseball season! I'll let you know though!
ReplyDeletelove this. i adore the blogoverse and all of the lovely ladies ive met as well!
ReplyDeleteDYING at that pic of you and I....lordy. Blissdom is gonna be cray cray in a good way :) Love you times infinity!
ReplyDeleteLoved your list, it really is so true!
ReplyDeleteSo happy I found you! I was a Chicago girl for 6 years and I'm moving back next year! It's great to find other Chicago bloggers.
ReplyDeleteFollowing now- love your blog!
xx