STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS #1:
7/9/12 (3:50 p.m.) - As many of you know, I do not work in the summer. Oh, the perks of being an educator:) As a result, I usually try to fill my days with a workout, blogging, errands/chores, and time with friends and family. Overall, I feel pretty pleased with the way my summer has turned out. Yet, at the same time, I feel that I haven't done ENOUGH. Over the past two days, I've felt pretty bored. Sure, I read three books in less than three days, I saw "Magic Mike" (WHICH WAS NOT SO MAGIC!), I worked out a total of four times (I know, I know - it's an addiction), and I watched a lot of Bravo. And I KNOW that I will be begging for this free time once I have children. But seriously. Sometimes I get so bored that I get headaches. THIS ISN'T NORMAL.

(This is what I do in the summer. Cook. And bake. WHO AM I???)
STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS #2:
7/9/12 (3:55 p.m.) - I'm really starting to loathe Facebook. I will never, EVER understand why its acceptable for people to leave not-so-veiled status updates about what they're going to do to their husbands that evening. Or those who discuss the bathroom habits of their children. I suppose everyone is entitled to share whatever they want online, but for me, it's just become a bit much.
(Ok. Now I feel officially bitchy. Please don't hate me?)
STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS #3:
7/9/12 (4:01 p.m.) - I know I've lived here for seven years (or is it eight???), but Chicago is really gorgeous in the summer. There is always SO much to do and see, and it's as if the lights come on once May hits. I wonder if other big cities are the same way? Street fests galore? Gorgeous views? Lots of food?

STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS #4:
7/10/12 (8:17 a.m.) - My head hurts. Thank you, red wine. However, I DO feel particularly blessed that I can have some cocktails on a Monday night, and sleep in the next day BECAUSE IT'S SUMMER! (To be clear, even though I don't work in the summer, I very rarely go out during the week...)
STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS #5:
7/10/12 (8:26 a.m.) - I am really happy to be running again. Granted, I am taking it slow AND I rolled my foot the other day due to sheer clumsiness, but MAN! It feels good to be back. And in new shorts, to boot! To be honest, when I bought these shorts, I felt super self-conscious, but I don't care. I love them.

STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS #6:
7/10/12 (8:31 a.m.) - I really want to plan a girls trip (Can you tell that I am watching the RHONY?). Like, a BIG girls trip. To Napa. Or London. But at the same time, I don't want to be in charge. I'm tired of planning.
Will you share a random thought with me???
We really are soulmates. I want to be a teacher so I can have summers off too :(
ReplyDeleteGood for you for getting back to running! I'm going to be picking it back up after Ramadan is over :) Until then, Insanity it is. I've also decided after all your Chicago pictures that it is absolutely necessary that I move there immediately!
Have a great day, lovebug!
I'll go on your girls trip to London! I mean, if it's one of those blogger things.
ReplyDeleteI love your running shorts!! I bought a pair of the 3" ones like that to wear under my nike tempos, and I always wish I had longer ones that could be worn alone. I'm going to buy some (maybe not until after the wedding and surgery, but sometime).
And I love your stream of consciousness! I always feel like I'm not doing enough either during these summer days off. I wish we lived in the same city and could meetup for runs and lunch on these days off!
I like this idea of a post! And I like that you're tired of planning, sometimes I get tired of planning too :) I would love to do a BIG girls trip! But I also wouldn't want to plan it!
ReplyDeleteI live 2 hours from Napa. Let's make this happen before I move!! For real, Napa is wonderful and I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteHA your Facebook comment cracked me up. Apparently I don't have any horny friends so I don't run into the first problem but I do get lots of kiddie updates. Though I'm a mommy I try not to update my status with tons of kid stories or potty training updates. Some things are just tmi.
ReplyDeleteIll help you plan :)
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously about Facebook...SERIOUSLY
LOvE THIS POST! :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously the FB comment cracks me up Luckily I don't have horny friends but I am sick of potty training, depressing woe as me, I hate Obama, I love the tea party, happy 7 month and 1 day, happy 7 month an 3 day to my baby updates. Really? Maybe people would complain about my 1-2 times a week running/photo update. Who knows? :)
I've been thinking about a girls' trip too. Just today I told my mom that I wanted to travel to Madrid. Like that. Just not alone. Darn it. Wanna join me?
ReplyDeleteI deleted my Facebook account back in February for the SAME reason. I got so sick of it and I don't miss it at all! Go for it...go on a big vacation and don't plan it...sometimes that's the best way to go!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, facebook is ridiculous. Let's all hope and pray twitter doesn't end up like that!
ReplyDeleteHere's my random thought:
I wonder if we can ever make calorie free brownies. Cause I'd really like one right now.
Lucky lady! I really want to change my profession so I can be a teacher and have summers off. My job now prevents me from really taking any time off in the summer and that's what summers are for - vacations!
ReplyDeleteAnd i always love seeing your Chicago photos!
Love this post--stream of consciousness is so freeing. Here are my SOC thoughts right now:
ReplyDeleteI am drinking coconut water b/c I feel dehydrated, but I hate the taste. I haven't been reading enough because I spend all my free time watching Prison Break. It's gorgeous outside in San Francisco. Although I really wanted pizza, I just ate quinoa salad for lunch. Gonna nap with Matt this afternoon after hopefully getting some work done. :)
A big girls trip sounds awesome. I usually am the planner too. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI sometimes get that way about Facebook statuses. Or the ones that are just asking for attention.
Ironically, fear of being bored is a reason I try to work in the summer!!! Some teachers love it but I need to feel productive or else I'll stay in pjs or sweaty workout clothes all day and stare at Facebook for far too long...speaking of Facebook, ew. "hide" them stat!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today!!
ReplyDeleteI am so tired right now that when my phone beeped, alerting me that it's dying, I looked at it, made a silly attempt to locate the charger, and when I couldn't find it I just dropped the phone on the floor and walked away.
ReplyDeleteObviously riding rollercoasters all day took it out of me, both physically and mentally ;-)
I hate it when people post things about their child going to the bathroom! Especially the pics on the toilet! Those kids are going to be really pissed someday!
ReplyDeleteSome great pics... New follower from GFC hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. Hosting Facebook hop now. Over 150 facebook pages. Love for you to join the fun ;)
ReplyDeletewww.thenaptimereview.com
Ugh, I feel the same way about Facebook. Lately I try to post as little as possible on FB, to stop contributing to the constant diarrhea of pointless posts. Seriously, I want to comment "WHO CARES??" on 90% of the posts I see on FB.
ReplyDeleteOh, also, regarding not feeling like you are doing enough this summer, have you looked into volunteering?
ReplyDeleteHaha I love this! Facebook sure can be special...and by special I mean truly awful. Nobody wants to hear about your kid's umpteenth blowout :/
ReplyDeleteMy stream of consciousness: I'm dying of thirst because it's way too hot in Arizona but I hate folks who complain about Arizona so instead of complaining I will say something positive. I love the weather in Phoenix in the WINTER :)
Love, love, love the new shorts! I just wore new Nike compression shorts with 2 inch inseams yesterday and I had to keep pulling at them to make them longer!! I was definitely self-conscious but no one honked at me so it must not have been too bad.
ReplyDeleteThat photo of Chicago makes me even more excited to be there next weekend!!
I love the randomness! I always kick myself in the summer for not sticking with education in school!
ReplyDeleteEven though I know I'm a small town girl, sometimes your gorgeous Chicago photos and descriptions make me want to move. Or at least visit.
Good for you running! I need to get back in that, I would feel a lot better about things! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower! I am visiting from the GFC blog hop and The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.com
dessert=amazing!!
ReplyDeletecome say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com
have a good day!
I'm hardly on Facebook for those very reasons!! I love all that baking you are doing! It looks great!
ReplyDelete