7.17.2012

Out With the Old...

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday!  If you're in the Chicagoland area (read: on the flipping equator), then you're hopefully tucked away somewhere cool like me.  Let's just say that today was NOT the day for our A/C to decide to act up.  Ugh.   Anyhumid, I have some announcements that I am super excited about.  I'm almost as excited about them as my discovery of two of my favorite things:  Asian babies and NYC.




(Seriously.  Tell me you don't love this...)


Announcement #1:  THE BLOG


Thanks to my wonderful and talented husband, you will hopefully find less clutter and a cleaner set-up on this little blog.  A few things to note:


* You'll find links to my Twitter / Instagram / email up to the right!


* Check out the new "About Me" section, where you'll find some embarrassing pictures of...me.


* The "Chicago Fitness" and "Chicago Food" sections contain fitness class reviews and my favorite restaurant spots.  Please note that these sections are WORKS IN PROGRESS - I am continuing to add more information.


* The Lonely Little Sidebar.  I haven't yet decided what to do here just yet.  You will find my buttons soon, and PERHAPS buttons for sponsors, but to be perfectly honest, I am really not sure if I want to monetize this blog.  It's not why I started, and it's certainly brought me a lot of joy without money.  So, please be patient as I wrestle with this one...


Anyway, the new look is just like me - a work in progress.  Thanks for your patience!  And because of your patience, I will have several giveaways coming your way soon!  AHHHHHH!


************************************************************************************


ANNOUNCEMENT #2:  Running


Hey, Chicago / Midwestern Folks!


Have you considered joining us in Lake Geneva for the ZOOMA Women's Half-Marathon / 5K?  If you're considering it, then you should join us THIS THURSDAY at Fleet Feet Sports for the kick-off event!  The event includes:


* Two twenty-minute yoga sessions sponsored by CorePower Yoga
* Manicures and Massages
* Race entry discounts, plus one lucky winner will receive a FREE entry!


Check out the details HERE.  It will be super fun, I promise!  We can meet!  I swear, I'm not as awkward in person...

Thanks for reading folks.  Now, go out and be excellent to one another...

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!! And I love Asian babies. No lie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look.. especially your cute pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how clean the design looks. Now I need to get on twitter so I can follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove me some asian babies.

    And lovin' the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Tell your hubby I'm muy impressivo!! It's much more you know! And I like the photos of you in the sidebar. They're fun and much more YOU! :) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the new look! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Loving it! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    I agree about the monetizing. It's a hard one. On one hand it would be cool to have a little extra $ on the side for doing something I love. But on the other I feel pompous making people pay to be featured on my blog.. you know? It's a tough one!

    I love Asian babies! When Jon & Kate + 8 first came on, I wanted to marry an Asian guy so I could have kids that looked like theirs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Envious of your clean, spacious layout! I struggle with this!
    Looking forward to meeting you on Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the new look, it's clean and crisp! I'm off to check out your About Me section, I must see those pictures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for new blog looks! I love the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Meghan!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it gf!!! Can't wait to check it out from a computer to get the full effect....and not just my iPhone. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your love of asian babies makes me laugh so freaking hard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Asian babies...my dream is to adopt one...we are soul mates ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the new look!!! I just adore all of the pictures on here!!! Honestly you are the coolest person I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ack, I meant to comment yesterday that I love the new look! You seem super duper fun...can't wait to meet IRL (how nerdy) soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new look. Myself and two other Madisonian's are joining the race...see ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the new look...sometimes some clean up is necessary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the new look!
    And the sweet little Asian girl, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The blog look great! I'm stopping by from the GFC Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...