7.05.2012

My First Webinar!

About a week ago, I had the opportunity to "attend" my first "webinar"!  I'm not going to lie to you.  I was pretty nervous about using my web cam and chatting with total strangers.  But nevertheless, when FitFluential presented the opportunity to attend a PowHow class with Natalie Jill, I jumped at the chance! For those of you who don't know (because I didn't!), PowHow is an awesome website that provides opportunities to take a variety of webinars - from beauty to the arts, it's a pretty cool site!  I found the entire site to be incredibly easy to use - plus, they test your camera and microphone before you start!  (Umm, I seriously didn't even know my laptop had a microphone.)




(This is how I felt before the webinar.)


Anyway, Natalie presented a live webcam class entitled "Tired of the Scale Not Budging?" which was SO informative that I literally took four pages of notes.  In one hour, I couldn't believe what I had learned, and so I thought I'd share with you a few of the highlights!




(This is Natalie Jill.  Is she a total badass or what???)

Keep in mind that Natalie is a certified nutritionist AND personal trainer.  She has worked with thousands of people and her methods have proven to work!  These tips are HER ideas based on the notes I took.


* You should eat 5-6 smaller meals each day, approximately 2.5 - 3 hours apart.


* These meals should be portioned accordingly:  protein (about the size of your fist), a carbohydrate (such as fruits / veggies) and a "good" fat (about the size of your thumb)


* You should always feel "content" - never hungry, but never full.


* If you're not losing weight, try to avoid the following:  artificial sweeteners, processed foods and allergens (soy, wheat, dairy).


After giving us some amazing tips, Natalie asked us to share our typical meals and she helped us build better ones.  For instance, this is what I shared:


Breakfast:  Egg whites with spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese on a whole wheat bagel thin.


According to Natalie, I have my protein (egg whites) and carbs (spinach and tomatoes) and good fat (feta).  BUT, it wouldn't hurt to omit the bagel.


As a runner who uses protein powders, I also learned that whey protein (which is what I typically use) is great for post-workout snacks, but if I want the smoothie to replace an entire meal, an egg-based protein would be more filling.  No wonder I am always starving after a green monster!

Anyway, it was really an incredible experience, and if you're interested in learning more, I suggest you go check out Natalie herself - she's amazing!!!


Do your eating habits match up with Natalie's tips???

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Those are really great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about my class! I love the write up and I am so glad you enjoyed the webinar :)-Natalie Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips, lady! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to work on eating more, smaller meals throughout the day. I'm someone that isn't content with just 3 meals in a day so I'm hoping it'll help me to feel more content throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see that my new habits are pretty matched up with her advice! I definitely feelso great eating every 2.5-3 hours. It keeps me from feeli jittery from not eating.
    Im not familiar with an egg-based protein powder, though. What are those? I've been playing around with my smoothies and think I've founded at works for me. I've actually been avoiding most protein powders and just using real foods instead. It seems to be working.
    How awesome to get to attend this, though, and learn so much!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the typos. My iPad won't let metro back to fix stuff unless I delete all the way back. If I try to click anywhere, it stops letting me type. Annoying.

      Delete
    2. Damnit. Again. Downfall of the iPad.

      Delete
  6. Nice to see that my new habits are pretty matched up with her advice! I definitely feelso great eating every 2.5-3 hours. It keeps me from feeli jittery from not eating.
    Im not familiar with an egg-based protein powder, though. What are those? I've been playing around with my smoothies and think I've founded at works for me. I've actually been avoiding most protein powders and just using real foods instead. It seems to be working.
    How awesome to get to attend this, though, and learn so much!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! Her body is amazing. I blogged about fitness/health today too . . . I've been eating way too much of whatever I want and drinking way too much wine, so I'm all about the health tips these days. But how are spinach & tomato carbs?! As a vegetarian, I find it hard to eliminate carbs entirely. I'm trying to mostly limit them to mornings, but sometimes I have to have a tortilla or Ezekiel bread or something in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the tips! Now I have some better ideas for how to use my protein powders :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this Meghan!! They are really great tips. I love what you learned about eating, and I absolutely need to modify my diet. But I also love this website referral! I love learning, so this sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...and did she tell you an egg based protein powder?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Webinar! What a cool idea!! I bet if Natalie heard my daily meals (umm Lean Cuisines, breakfast bars, Goldfish crackers, etc...), she'd just cry or proclaim me a hopeless cause! Lol

    Thanks for passing along the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so fun! You know that saying nothing tastes as good as skinny feels? I believe the opposite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...