If you really knew me, you'd know...
...that I get really annoyed when people don't walk on the right side of the sidewalk/street/hallway/staircase/lakefront path.
...that if you had asked me ten years ago, I would have told you that I'd never live in the city. Now, you're going to have to drag me out, kicking and screaming. I know this confuses some people (why I love the city so much), but please, don't question it. It's just who I am.
...that you can find me on a Saturday morning, after my workout, cleaning my apartment to the sounds of Miles Davis, Madeleine Peyroux, and Andrew Bird. They soothe my soul. And maybe some Broadway show tunes thrown in for good measure.
...that when I know a lot about a subject, I rarely pipe up and share. As a result, people often mistake my silence for intimidation / apathy / etc - especially at work. Trust me folks, there's more going on underneath the surface.
...that I love with all of my heart, and I value my relationships.
...that I am really excited to see my husband as a father someday. He's going to ROCK at parenthood, even if he does leave his socks in the couch cushions.
...that "The Newsroom" quite literally takes my breath away each week. I love the passionate writing of Aaron Sorkin.
...that I feel best about myself when I am a sweaty mess after a workout.
...that I believe life is too short to take yourself so seriously. Stop comparing. Stop judging. Stop overanalyzing. And just dance???

(Though maybe not quite like this. What's great about this picture is that this was taken on my honeymoon. I am sure my husband was contemplating his decision to marry me at this exact moment.)
...that I eat no less than eight Oreo cookies a day.

(I usually look like my adorable godson after I consume those Oreos, too.)
What should I know about you???
We are legit obsessed with Newsroom. We tend to watch each episode more than once. I get tears in my eyes each week...seriously. Its the best show on TV right now ...that and girls...and Downton Abbey
ReplyDeleteI agree with you 100% on those last two...Oreos every day and not taking life seriously? Best way to live life!
ReplyDeleteAlso hate people on the wrong side of the sidewalk.
ReplyDeleteLove living in the city too- although I never ever had any intention of moving (or visiting) Chicago.
Amen to feeling your best after a workout. I'm addicted to that feeling :)
I need to check out newsroom. I'm not familiar with it.
I love my dog entirely too much.
Yes!!! Just dance!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way when I know a lot about a topic... I usually prefer to sit back and listen to everyone else.
ReplyDeleteI'm writing a story about oreos this week, so I'm excited to go buy every variety that the grocery store owns ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I like knowing that you're quiet often too. A lot of people mistake my silence for me just being a b*tch, however, it's actually because I'm shy. What? Me? I know. But I do have my moments. :)
I would kill to live in a big city like you!!
ReplyDeleteOREOS.
ReplyDeleteOmg! The sidewalk thing! I always assume they are from a different country when they are on the wrong side. That's why disneyland is such a cluster! But doesn't explain Costco.
ReplyDeleteHa why are Oreos so messy? I also find myself to really treasure my relationships. Must be a redhead thing. I may not have tons of friends, but the ones I have are so important to me.
ReplyDeleteLove Aaron Sorkin. I'm a West Wing addict. Still haven't seen The Newsroom, but I've heard such good things!
ReplyDeleteThat dancing picture is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteHaha!! Love that dancing picture, feel the music girl!!
ReplyDeleteYou are just too precious, love this post! And love the dancing pic!
ReplyDelete