I am trying to conceptualize how/where to use it in our wedding. Mikey and I toyed with the idea of tables named after neighborhoods, city streets, places that are special to us, etc. We're also not having traditional placecards, but rather, a chart similar to this with table assignments -
I love the idea of giving tables names instead of numbers. I also think the chart idea is great, I recently saw that in a magazine as well and it is such a great idea and would be so much easier for you guys. An idea I have for using that graphic at your wedding is to break your seating chart up into a couple neighborhood sections, LP, WP, Bucktown, Loop, etc. Within each neighborhood breakdown you could name your tables after places that are special to you guys in each of those neighborhoods. You could put a note on each table that explains the significance behind the table name so people know why that place is special to you both. Just an idea :)
ReplyDeleteI got that Chicago poster for Christmas this year! :)
ReplyDeleteI heart maps, so I am also obsessed with that graphic. They make them for other cities, too, but I think Chicago's looks the coolest. Danielle's idea is awesome, I totally agree. Maybe you could make your seating chart look like a map of the city in some way, too.
ReplyDelete