Sometimes my students think I'm crazy. Actually, I KNOW that they think I'm crazy, but I like to think it's crazy as in "she's-a-little-off-her-rocker-but-I-really-enjoy-her-class-and-her-brand-of-crazy-helps-me-learn" kind of crazy. I casually mentioned that I had a sister who was their age (as in 16/17). What did they do? They found her on Facebook and befriended her and now one of them is trying to ask her out. Apparently, he is now her date for my wedding. He asked if he could call me by my first name at my own wedding and I told him I didn't have a first name (the "M" stands for "Ms."). But, in this whole online courtship with my sister, he told her that I am crazy in a very funny sort of way. I guess I'll take it.
I then ran into a former student at the gym. She's a doll - but SUPER loud. She saw me, screamed my name, and we proceeded to have a very nice conversation about what she's doing with her life. Then she told me that she was with another former student of mine and they were talking about me the other day. And she says, "We were talking about teachers and what we would do if something happened to them. And we decided that if you died, we would totally come to your funeral." Hmm. I told her that was very nice of her, but I was still (hopefully) going to live for quite some time. I think it was a compliment...
Yesterday I decided to give my students candy in celebration of Valentines Day (see what I mean? I really do like this holiday). However, as I distributed the candy, I lectured them in being nice to others and that they should go home and hug their parents and tell them they love them. That these are the things they should do every day and not just on Hallmark holidays. To which one student replied, "Then you should give us candy everyday." Snap. He got me. I am a walking contradiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for making my day!