2.27.2011

Perspective.

Happy Oscar Day!   I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - I, for one, am still frustrated as I fight a cold/flu (but it's slowly disappearing!), so I am uber excited to have something like the BIGGEST AWARDS SHOW EVER to look forward to.  Holla!


In the midst of the sneezing and aches and chills and general deathtastic feeling, I've tried to find the silver lining.  I mean, I was able to enjoy a Restaurant Week reservation before things got too bad.  I tried my best to smile and even dance at a staff party - and yes, I even wore a penguin on my head.  See below.


IMG_0673


IMG_0674


(Isn't my hubby the cutest?)

Yet, I've been incredibly frustrated that my running has been derailed.  Ugh.  When I am not running, I am cranky and irritable.  So in the midst of this, I've tried to find perspective.  What is this all trying to tell me? That sh*t happens?  That sometimes, we all need a break? I'm not sure, but when a friend sent me this (I am sorry to say that I do not know the source), I immediately changed my attitude.


image001

So, here's to optimism.  To looking on the bright side.  To gaining perspective.  And, perhaps doing so without a stuffy nose:)

Before I sign off, a few things:

* The bloggity-blog is getting a make-over!  My friend Lisa designed the most incredibly perfect header for me (with, like, ZERO guidance and she NAILED IT!), and I am so excited to show you!  Look for it soon:)

* Lots of my "IRL" (that's "in real life") friends are blogging!  I would love it if you would check them out!

DANIELLE is a new homeowner and aspiring domestic goddess.  TRACY'S life is full of world adventures with her husband.  Seriously, I envy this lady!  LISA (my blog designer) is an incredibly talented graphic designer and all-around creative goddess.  And JILL just moved to Paris and is having the time of her life!  If you get a chance, please say hello!


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  What did you do???

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Girl Ive been sick and cant run either. It sucks and I totes understand. Those pics are adorbs btw! And I will def check out your friends blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I will check out those blogs. I love reading my "irl" friends' blogs. And I hear you on perspective, but I still hope you feel better soon--no fun being sick. And I swear, half the people I know are sick right now! A kid threw up in my 5th period on Friday and I immediately closed my eyes and put my hands over my ears . . . so mean, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your blog makeover! And the whole "Creative Goddess" thing? Why thank you, m'lady! Love the positive manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pictures! And I know what you mean, im sick right now. its no fun!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see your blog makeover.

    hope you feel better soon. i'm finally "normal" today after being stuck in bed since tuesday. i still sound like a man and have a terrible cough but no fever and i don't feel like i'm dying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get back to running soon especially if it makes you feel better. AND cant wait for the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sad you can't be doing what you love Meghan! I hope you get back to it soon. And I can't wait to see the bloggy makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for the Oscars! :) I am watching them right now as I type this. I looove the photo of you with a penguin on your head and with your hubby :) So glad you got to enjoy yourself before your cold got worse. I hope you get to feeling better soon darling girl! When I had a horrible flu a couple of weeks ago I absolutely hated not only how achy my body was, but the fact that it got my workout routine off track and I missed running - so I know your pain! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your hubs are way too cute together! :) I'll def check out your friends blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are you and the hubster? Love those photos. Cannot wait to see your new header. Hope your feeling 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes for optimism - we all need this in our lives!!!

    Hugs to you girl!
    Did ya like it last night? Biggest award show didn't dissapoint me at all. :)

    Happy Monday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you're not feeling well. Get better quickly. Cute pics and I'm excited for the blog makeover. : ]

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for optimism! Wish I could bottle that up! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boo to being sick and I hope that you feel better really soon.

    That pic of you and your work friends with the penguin hat is the cutest. I also love the adorable pics of you and your hubby. So sweet!

    I saw that same pic/quote about a month ago and saved it. It’s something I need to remind myself more often.

    I'll have to check out your friends blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that manifesto! I want to frame it in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm finally on the mend...but I feel your pain lady. I was on a workin' out roll and my stupid flu killed it for a week. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What cute and fun photos!!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Big thanks for the blog shout-out. Tres magnifique! Paris can't wait to see your blog makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. woohoo for optimism! i've actually started feeling a lot happier since i started working out! hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great manifesto. it is so friggin true. i need this posted on my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that manifesto! Blog makeovers? Awesome! I am SO in need of one too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a bit late getting to this post but I hope things have turned around for you :) I love that inspirational iamge, perfect quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i know i am behind on reading your blog but i hope you are feeling better now. i've had a cold for over two weeks. things are looking up but i definitely sought perspective there especially having a cold while in vegas with my bestie.

    i love reading blogs from my IRL friends. i always learn something new even i i have just seen them hours before their latest post.

    i love your blog header so i am looking forward to seeing what comes next!

    vitamin c hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...