2.03.2011

Sno.M.G.

I thought I would forego a "Top 5 Thursday" post and instead, share with you some pics from the Windy City.  I am currently at home, celebrating Snow Day #2, and loving it.  I've caught up on all of my grading and blogging, worked out, enjoyed coffee, did laundry, cleaned the house, and watched so many "Sex and the City" re-runs that my husband is ready to vomit.  We also saw "The Social Network" which BLEW MY MIND!  It's fantastic, and I highly recommend it.  The script is ridiculously well-written, and is very much Aaron Sorkin.  Let's just say that his fast-paced, witty writing made me miss "The West Wing" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" BIG TIME!


Anyway, here are some photos from our little journey to find an open Starbucks yesterday morning.  We were watching the news, and in the background, we saw an open location on Michigan Avenue - thank you, WGN!  Off we went!


snow_1


The bench outside our front door.


snow_4

In the summer, this space is filled with tables for outdoor dining.  Ahh, the good ole' days...


snow_8


Michigan Avenue!


snow_12

The hubs at Starbucks!  We made it!


snow_18


Upcoming Valentine's Day / heart health display on Michigan Avenue.

Hope you are all enjoying this winter weather!  As much fun as yesterday was, I am already dreaming of springtime - runs along the lakefront, outdoor dining and open windows!

What are you looking forward to?


P.S.  The lovely Rhianne has graciously offered all PCT readers 10% off to her Etsy shop.  So, if you didn't win the giveaway, but still want to purchase some amazing prints at a discounted price, check it out!  The code is TPCTFEB11  and available through out all of February!

Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness!! Now I understand why people kept telling me You don't want to be here in the winter when I was saying I loved Chicago this past summer! It's up the seat of the bench??? Yowsa!!!!

    Melanie's Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge Aaron Sorkin fan & I just haven't had a chance to see this yet! I loveee the west wing so much...I named my dog West Wing. Sad but true haha! I LOVE the pictures - it looks so cold though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm certainly happy this didn't hit us too badly in WI! I am SO over snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get another snow day? I'm jealous. I worked from home yesterday and made my way on the bus downtown to the office today. Sigh... I posted some pics from around our 'hood too. It's crazy! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a snowstorm! We didn't get any snow in the Pacific NW. Glad you are enjoying your days off... I too am anxious for spring! Good news for all of you with crummy weather right now, groundhog didn't see his shadow, so early spring is on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm on my second chicago snow day too, and i also watched social network! haha love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the same thing over here in MA, except Williams oh-so-lovely-ly doesn't do institutional snow days, so you have to hope your individual professors cancel classes. Sigh. Enjoy your time snuggled at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw the weather forecast for Chicago, I actually thought of you! I'm glad you fared the storm okay. We only got rain here and I was pretty disappointed. (Although after the mess that was last winter, I guess it was for the best.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay warm...I'm already feezing looking at all these pictures. However, I would love to have some snow...just for one week. That's it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh wow! I'm still waiting on the 1 to 3 inches of snow that we're supposed to get today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only been to Chicago once, but I loved it so so so much. Can't wait to visit again.

    PS - Love the title of today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SNO MY GOD! Thats crazy! Its still like -12 here but I ventured out today. Cute pics though...there isnt much I wouldnt do for a starbucks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw the social network last week, and I loved it too!
    I can't believe you have so much snow, hope you will survive:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe how much snow you guys got! I've seen some pictures on facebook of Lake Shore Drive that are incredible! Hopefully everything gets up & running tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo for blizzard 2011! I love it. And the fact that none of the cars on my block can go anywhere because the plow trucks are spending all of their time on Lake Shore Drive? Awesome. Well, maybe not for them, but for me (a non-car-owner), it's a complete adventure.

    If the post office employees ever decide to work again (I called two different post offices today, and they were both closed), you will be receiving a letter from me soon.

    That picture of you, by the way, is super cute.

    Hugs from Lincoln Park!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so much snow!! We had snow before christmas but I still didnt get a snow day, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you ventured out in the weather for some Starbucks. That is some serious dedication. It sounds like you had a few peaceful snow days and I’m loving it. SATC re-runs will never get old. We still need to see The Social Network in this house. Maybe this weekend??

    Great snow pics. We’ve been slammed this year, but not as bad as last year. This last storm you got reminds me of what we dealt with all over again. I’m ready for spring too.

    I hope you have a Happy Friday and I also left an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You two must really love Starbucks to venture out in that to go get some coffee. Michigan didn't even get hit that hard yet still I refuced to leave my home the entire day on Wednesday. HaHa. Is it spring yet?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You guys did get a lot of snow! That's awesome you were able to find an open location thought!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I cannot believe the weather you guys are experiencing! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You would go get coffee when the rest of your town is blanketed...

    Enjoy the snowy weekend, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my heavens, that is insane

    Loved the vlog, by the way.

    Also, I am looking forward to summer. And my tea that is steeping. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of that snow is crazy! I wish you'd send some to LA (in exchange for our 80 degree weather). I'd love to be able to wear sweaters, boots, jackets, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  25. holy. crap. that is one huge amount of SNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...