Today's challenge? "When I'm feeling down, to cheer myself up, I..."
This is a tough one. Many of my answers to this prompt are actually the same as yesterday's! I love to shop, read books, drink tea, etc. However, if I am feeling REALLY down, my husband is very instrumental in making me feel better. His solution?
CUPCAKES!

(image via popartuk.com)
Seriously. The world would be a better place if everyone subscribed to this mantra. Anyway, my husband is aces. He understands my affinity for cupcakes and always seems to know when I need one. When that happens, he will venture out into the cold, just for me and my sanity.

At the Magnolia Bakery in NYC - Summer, 2009. Please excuse my oily face and super blonde hair. It had been a LONG day...

Kara's Cupcakes in San Francisco, Ghiradelli Square. Amazeballs!

Starbucks in Boston. Because I thought Johnny Cupcakes actually sold cupcakes and I was bummed.
What do YOU do when you need cheering up? Link up with Neely and play along!

AH yes, cupcakes are a perfect solution when anything goes wrong:)
ReplyDeleteCan I just say that I have been craving cupcakes since Saturday?! And this post made me want some even more! :) That's super sweet of your husband though!
ReplyDeleteYay! Cupcakes would definitely cheer me up! :)
ReplyDeleteThose middle cupcakes look sooooo yummy!
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet that your husband brings you cupcakes when he knows that you need one. It's nice to know that he can read your mood but also that he does something to respond to it.
ReplyDeleteGahhh..don't hate, but as delish as those cupcakes look, I am not a cupcake fan! I think it's the frosting/icing that deters me.
ReplyDeleteHow can someone not like cupcakes? They are AMAZING. Seriously Meghan, we need to be best friends, lol.
ReplyDeleteYou should meet my friend Marissa who also lives in Chicago. She is a professional cupcake woman, a.k.a. Home Economics teacher, a.k.a. master cupcake reviewer. We had to go to a specific store in Brooklyn to find a cupcake winter hat she saw online. This was serious business.
ReplyDeleteWINE. As in, I'm on my second glass right now. :)
ReplyDeletei LOVE LOVE LOVE cupcakes! (and now want to find one for breakfast...)
ReplyDeleteThanks SO much for linking up to our challenge! See you tomorrow!!!
Awww, you and your cupcakes ;-) You look so adorable in these pictures!! And the cupcakes don't look too bad either, delish!! Yummo!
ReplyDeleteA good cupcake always puts a smile on my face. A friend of mine always says that cupcakes are the perfect food. She calls them little packets of heavenly deliciousness. I love that.
ReplyDeletehow did I know you would say cupcakes :)
ReplyDeleteCupcakes make everything better! It’s good that the men in our lives already know this ;) I long to try a Magnolia cupcake. It’s not like NYC is even that far from Philly. You look so happy with your little treats!
ReplyDeletemy mantra is keep calm and have some french fries. and if it's really bad...revert to poutine.
ReplyDeleteKeep calm and have some cheese dip. I'm about to have some in just a few. I cannot wait!
ReplyDelete