10.02.2012

Go For the Goal: September

I swear, this monthly link-up creeps up on me every.single.time.  I also realize that I am super lame and have nothing new to report!  Ugh.  I am the worst.

But you know who isn't the worst?  My co-hostesses, Meghan and Lori.  I promise that their posts will be far more inspiring.  PLUS!  It's Meghan's birthday, so please wish her a happy day!

goal-1

This monthly link-up is really what you want to make of it - you can share your goals for the upcoming month, or progress on last month's goals.  We're easy breezy over here!

Today, I thought I'd share with you lovelies my running goals.  Earlier in the year, I mentioned that I wanted to run a sub-2:00 half-marathon.  Umm.  Yeah.  This definitely hasn't happened due to an injury this summer, but I am happy to say that I am working really hard and training for the ZOOMA Great Lakes Half-Marathon in a few weeks!  WOOT!

(BTW, did you know that you can still sign up for the ZOOMA Half/5K, using the following discount code, "GLAMB7"???)

Over the weekend, my long run was the longest I have run since March - 10 miles!  All at an average pace of 9:43.  Sure, this isn't my fastest time, but I've been pretty consistent and I am really proud of myself for training smarter this time around.

PLUS, I get to run to views like THIS:

Untitled

(The Chicago lakefront at 6:00 a.m.  And my compression sleeves under my jeans.  Classy.)

In addition to the ZOOMA half, I have plenty of other races on the agenda, so here's hoping I don't screw them up with some sort of injury again:

Sunday, 10/14:  The Color Run (Any tips?  I am so excited!)
Sunday, 10/28:  Thriller in Schiller 5K (UMM.  CRAFT BEER AT THE FINISH?!?!?  DONE!)
Sunday, 11/4:    Hot Chocolate 15K
Saturday, 11/10:  Navy Pier 10-Miler

Oh, and for a non-running goal, I've decided to add this to my list:


Source: etsy.com via Lorri on Pinterest


(Umm.  More on this later.)

So, that's that, folks!  Wish me luck!  And share your goals with us below!



Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Love your running goals. Is your goal at ZOOMA to go sub 2? You totally can. And that baby there with no more information is a tease. Do you mean that you want to start making onesies? Oh my. I hope it means what I think it could mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a tease!!!! As much as I love hearing about your running (because you are a rock star and totally one of my inspirations), we need to seriously talk about that baby picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that teaser at the end! Your races coming up look fun! I think we have a hot chocolate race here in Cincinnati that I should run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TELL US MORE ABOUT THE BABY! I mean, you've mentioned that you want a baby. But I wanna hear about it. :) And congrats on all your races--you're a running warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing more about that last goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are pregnant and didnt tell me I will punch you in the face :) also Im signing up for the hot choc race to do too! HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not like being teased, especially when it comes to babies. Spill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! What is this last pic?

    Nice pace on your 10!!! Can't wait to see you at ZOOMA. I plan to take it nice and slow so I'll wave as you speed by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a tease!

    Good luck with your races, you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know nothing about running, but it sounds like you're doing awesome! I can't imagine running 10 miles! But what's up with the baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, you're starting an Etsy business with really cute baby clothes?!?!? Can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so ready for a sub 2! If not zooma, then the next one :) your training has been going so well. Good luck with all your races coming up, I feel a slight twinge of jealously since I've decided to throw in the towel in regards to running until things get better with my ankle. I'll just have to live vicariously through you. :)

    Oh baby! What a tease!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummm im going to need to know about this baby thing... i dont like a tease ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, share. Now!! :) And yay for running. I'm doing my first 5K in December. Woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hot chocolate run sounds awesome.... and I still love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just read your up close and personal post - glad you're trying for a baby! I'm not yet married and am 28 and I put pressure on myself for not having kids yet. :( But - then I remind myself that I am still very young and have time to burn! ;) I wish you the best on your "baby road" and know that God has an awesome plan for you! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh meghan, i want to hug you. hug you for sharing something so personal and so beautiful- "I've always known that I am meant to be a mother."

    Gave me goosebumps.

    it'll happen. I just know it... and until then, I'll be praying for you and for God's perfect timing. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...