6.16.2011

Top 5 Thursdays - Blogging Milestones

In celebration of the fact that Neely and Ashley are here in Chicago (YEAH!), I decided to devote my Top 5 Thursdays list to YOU!  Yes, YOU, my dear bloggers!  Why not?  I mean, we all start blogging for many different reasons, but I feel like one of the main reasons we continue is because of the love, support and inspiration we receive from one another.  If you had asked me a year ago whether I'd ever have blog friends come visit me in Chicago, I'd say you were as nuts as Kelly Bensimon...


Kelly_Bensimon_crazy_breakdown_drugs_Real_Housewives_New_York


Nevertheless, it has happened and these two darlings are here and I am feeling all sorts of bloggy love.  So, my dears, here are my...


Top 5 Blogging Milestones


5.)  My first blog post was written on November 11, 2008, and for several months, the only person who actually read my blog was my friend Christy.


4.) I blogged for months and months before other bloggers "found" me / started commenting.  My first comment from another blogger?


Blogger Stacy said...


Sounds like you had a good day.
February 17, 2009 7:04 PM

3.) The first blogger I met was Alissa of "grace's birdcage".  We've actually hung out twice, and she is a doll.  Go check her out!


2.) I hosted my first giveaway in January of 2010.  Gaia of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" was the host, and Maggie of "Just Between Me and You" was the winner!


1.) My most popular posts, minus giveaways, were:


 *  A Top 5 list, where I asked you to name the TV shows you wish were back on the air!  
 *  The one where I called babies "high-maintenance".


baby34
via

What are some of your blogging milestones?  Favorite blogging moments?  Link up and play along!


Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Okay this is awesome! And I'm so jealous you did a meet up, I need another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Love blogging! Great idea for a TOP 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love blogging! You knew a whole other world existed online and would become a big part of our lives, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list!

    how cool that you've met alissa, one of the first giveaways that I won was hers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great list! love that picture of kelly. i don't understand that lady at all. bethenney all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It's so bizarre to look back and see where it all began, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a blast with Neely and Ashley! :) And yes, who would have thought blogging was this awesome?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG why did I forget to do the link up again? I'm sorry, I suck! I need to get my head back in the game lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea! I love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now when I read your blog I totally hear your voice in my head....ok that was creepy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photo choices! Wasn't your first comment and first follower just so exciting?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this look back on your fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umm I may have to do this, even if it is a few days late! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww it was so fun meeting you that day! i had a quick day in your fabulous city last week and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhahahaha!! Kelly is such a kook! And I love your first comment :-) Blogging is THE best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...