Since I was the one playing tour guide, I am sure you will have to check out Ashley and Neely's re-caps for better pictures. I swear, I am a disgrace to bloggers everywhere, as I do not use my super nice camera, nor do I take cutesy pictures. Ugh. Anyway, I'll do my best!
Wednesday Night:
Wednesday consisted of WAITING and WAITING, as these ladies took the flight from hell to get to Chicago. After we finally made it to their hotel, I took them to my favorite restaurant in the city, West Town Tavern, for dinner!
Thursday:
I am so glad that I've met someone who is as crazy about working out as I am. Neely and I took a 7:00 a.m. Bar Method class to start the day. We then stopped for coffee and an AMAZING brunch and then took Ashley to check out Oprah's old home, Harpo Studios.
From there, we did some shopping on Michigan Avenue, stopped for Chicago-style pizza (THE BEST IN THE WORLD, in my opinion), and headed to the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower) to check out the SkyDeck.


The view from 1,300 feet up!

I love my city.
We originally had plans for my husband to cook a lovely dinner for us, but after stuffing our faces with pizza, we decided that all we could stomach was an episode of "Toddlers and Tiaras".

Umm. I AM HOOKED on these crazy little beyotches.
Thursday evening ended early after several failed celebrity stalking opportunities. It seemed that everyone was in town this weekend (like Paris Hilton and Ramona Singer), yet, we just weren't destined to find them. Sads.
Friday:
Friday consisted of some breakfast and shopping before heading to Milennium Park to check out the Bean!


From there, we bought tickets to the Chicago Movie Tour, where we toured the city by bus for two hours, checking out where movies and television shows had been filmed. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone - I had NO IDEA that Chicago was so rich in movie history.
And then, of course, the piece de resistance of the evening: NKOTBSB at the United Center.
It was seriously the best.concert.ever. And our seats were incredible!

We were at the end of the very phallic-shaped stage, approximately ten rows back. Due to our proximity to the front, and the fact that we were the first row on an aisle, we had access to HIM:

Saturday:
Saturday was filled with a cupcake crawl, cheeseburgers at the world-famous Billy Goat Tavern, and wandering around Wrigley Field before the Cubs-Yankees game.

Saturday night was the best! We had a lovely dinner outdoors at Enoteca Roma Wine Bar before heading to a hole-in-the-wall called The Shambles for dancing until 2:30 a.m. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of this madness, but I know Ashley and Neely do, so I hope they will be kind in their selections:)
Sunday:
Since we were out so late singing and dancing our hearts out, Sunday morning really only consisted of Chicago-style hot dogs and falling asleep on my couch until it was time to take these lovely ladies to the airport. It was really sad to see them go!
Y'all, I seriously had the BEST TIME EVER. Neely and Ashley are both so incredibly sweet and I am truly blessed to now call them "IRL" friends:) I also loved the fact that I was able to play "tourist" in my own city, and it just made me fall in love with Chicago all over again. I just cannot get over how much fun I had with these two lovely ladies, and you better believe I will be making my way to the Dallas/OK area to see the soon! "Bloggers Take Chicago" was a true success!
I love taking people to the Billy Goat. It is a must do.
ReplyDeleteI was at that game on Saturday. Sad the Cubs lost, but one helluva game!
Glad you girls had fun!
Looks like y'all had a blast!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're a fantastic tour guide! What a fun trip . . . I'm pretty jealous of NKOTBSB. :) And funny that I had Micaela, Marianne, and Jessie in SF this past week, so I played tour guide in my city as well! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteCuuute photos! I need to get out to Chicago soon. Pizza looks delish!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like SO much fun! If I ever make my way to Chicago, I'm so getting you to be my tour guide! :) What a packed weekend of good, lots of fun and 'new' friends!!
ReplyDeleteSo so happy that y'all had a blast! You are such a great tour guide! I am for sure calling you info on places to go and things to do. I haven't been since high school, and I would honestly move there just for the pizza if I could only convince GH!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow it sounds like you all had such an amazing time! AND you know this is making me extra excited for meeting up in September!!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a blast! I am so glad y'all had such an amazing time. Jealous of all of your outings, especially the NKOTB/BSB concert!!
ReplyDeleteOk, I really need to come to Chicago because it looks awesome! Sooo jealous of you three! Glad you all had a great time together seeing the city :).
ReplyDeleteJonathon was my favorite. When I hit up the concert a couple of years ago, I had a tee made up that said...I STILL heart Jonathon and my lil' sis had one made that said...Donnie's Cover Girl! And YAY for bloggy meetups!
ReplyDeletewow sounds like a total blast! so sads i wasnt there! :(
ReplyDeleteIt was basically the best 5 days ever!
ReplyDeleteAm feeling the love across the interwebs today. Loved hearing about your blogfriendweekend in Chicago! I saw NKOTBSB two weeks ago in Toronto and it was so fun!
ReplyDeleteThe trip was so so so much fun! I wish it had lasted longer! It was so wonderful to meet you, and thanks again for a fantastic time!
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome! I've met a few bloggers and it's amazing. I love how blogging can lead to such real, great friendships! I loved following your weekend on instagram!
ReplyDeleteGirl, seems you had an awesome time in your city! :) YAY, for blogger meet ups and all. It's an amazing thing. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes *insert jealousy here* you touched a Knight. ;) LOL
Have a great day.
Sounds like you guys had an amazing time. I bet you're a fab hostess! :) I'm dying to visit.. I'll make it someday!
ReplyDeletei would give ANYTHING to go see that concert!!! AGHHHH!
ReplyDeleteGlad you ladies had fun! :)
ReplyDeletei cannot believe what an awesome week you had! i've only spent 2 days in chicago but i FELL HARD IN LOVE....seriously my 2nd favorite city. so amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am SO FREAKING JEALOUS about NKOTBSB. So jealous.
ReplyDelete(and also majorly craving some pizza, ha!)
I am jealous on so many levels. You were an amazing tour guide! I visited Chicago about 7 years ago and loved everything about it!
ReplyDeleteWHAT a fun weekend!! Hahah Donny... The concert looks like it was a blast! Glad you had fun with the girls :-)
ReplyDeleteWas Jon smiling when he was in the crowd? I guess he's a pretty shy fella, but he seemed like such a dud at our show. He sang and danced when he was supposed to, but didn't give much else. I loved Jordan back in the day, but I'm totes a Donnie girl now. :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love hearing about bloggers meeting up :) It's so special the connections we make through our blogs and how close you can get to someone just through this medium alone. Your incredible experience reminds me of our incredible trip to San Fran to stay with Claire. Jessie and I hit a freaking deer on the way to the airport and were seriously delayed so I can just imagine how it was for your friends! BTW whenever you do come to Dallas/OK you must be sure to let me know since I live two hours away from either Dallas or OKC and I would love to meet up! :)
ReplyDeleteYou know I've been to Chicago twice and have never made it to the Bean?? haha crazy right? I have gone to Billy Goat Tavern and loved it :) I was in Chicago last spring and I wish we would have known each other then, I would have loved to have met up with you!
You had AMAZING seats at NKOTBSB!!! OMG I am still swooning over Jordan Knight and the concert I went to was a week ago. I absolutely freaking loved every second of it :) You're SO lucky to touch Jordan's brother haha Jonathon is actually pretty hot himself!!! And you're right, at least it wasn't Danny or AJ or something lol Thanks for your sweet comments about my old school pictures, you really made my day darling :) xoxo
Sounds like you had a great time. I would love to visit Chicago one day and gorge myself with Chicago deep-dish pizza.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't stop laughing at your not touching Danny comment. I am extremely jealous of everyone who got to watch the NKOTBSB concert. I was away on vacation when they came to Toronto.