Top 5 Women You Most Admire
5.) Tina Fey.

See above for explanation.
4.) Oprah.

A cliche choice, but you have to admit that this woman is fierce! Think about how many people no longer text and drive because of her. Think about how many people really believe that Tom Cruise is cray-cray after seeing him jump on a couch. Think about the girls in Africa who have benefited from her generosity. Think about WHO ELSE WOULD GIVE AWAY CARS!
3.) Hipster moms.

You're probably all, WTF is she talking about? But I admire women who aren't afraid to rock their individuality all while birthing babies. Those of you who know me well know that my secret dream is to be a mama someday, wear vintage clothing all of the time, and live in NYC. And Rosie Pope would transform my hip Brooklyn pad into a child-friendly home.
2.) Bethenny Frankel.

Say what you will about my girl, but this woman knows what she wants - she wants it ALL, and she isn't afraid to go after it. She has proven that you can be a successful author, businesswoman, wife and mother, all with a kick-ass body and a sharp tongue.
1.) My Momma.

She may not have closed a multi-million dollar deal, or written any books, but this lady is the epitome of selflessness and love. AND, it just so happens to be her birthday, too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! She has truly shown me that it's not about what you have, but who you are. My mother never speaks ill of anyone, regardless of the situation. She has tirelessly raised four children, a husband and a dog, without ever asking for a single thing in return. In short, she is my hero, and as I get older and find myself acting more and more like her, I'm grateful that (hopefully) I'm "turning into my mother".
Who do you admire? Link up and play along!
This is my favourite list you have done :-) my mum is my number one too she has given everything to me and my sister and always put herself last. I hope that changes now were all grown up :-)
ReplyDeleteVery cool topic for today. I *still* need to read Bossypants -- everyone says it's amazing! Love that you added Bethanny to the list, too!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I haven't read Bossypants but it's on my list . . . I also have a 10 books before school starts goal, and I was doing really well . . . but then I discovered Sons of Anarchy. And my life has been taken over.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your mama!
Loved Bossypants. Love Bethenny. And who can compete with a wonderful mom!
ReplyDeletemy mum would be my number one too :)
ReplyDeleteI love tina fey! I need to get that book
Great post! I also admire many of the same women. I never thought about the hipster mom, but it seriously sounds cool.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your momma! I love Bosspants!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! I love how your mama is #1 :)
ReplyDeleteThis list is really great!
ReplyDeleteI think very close at the top of my list is JK Rowling (oddly I'm talking about her books today on my blog, hm). I just can't even comprehend her imagination sometimes. It makes me wonder how she sleeps, her head must just be BUZZING. I'd kill to be half the storyteller she is.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your mom!!
ReplyDeleteI've been contemplating reading the Tina Fey book, I guess I should :)
This is such a great list! And if you have Rosie Pope re-do your place, you better let me know so I can come meet her! haha I love her!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool topic!!! Yay for your #3!!! I think the same exact way! :)
ReplyDeleteOk no joke our top two are exactly the same. I LOVE OPRAH. And Tina Fey. Brilliant, hilarious women are the best!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you completely on Bethenny! I love her! She's great! I just got her book and I can't wait to start reading it!
ReplyDeleteI love Bossypants too! I"m reading it right now and last night I walked into the kitchen reading it, got a glass from the cabinet, and started to fill it with water while not missing a word. My dad, "Wow, you really can't put that down!"
ReplyDeleteLOVE Tina and my mama is number one to me too! She went from a stay at home mom to a high powered executive!
ReplyDelete