I don't know where the term originated, or really, what it truly means, but I've been using the phrase "epic fail" quite often lately. In fact, I just googled the phrase, and here are a few images that came up:



I guess a true "epic fail" is one in which we can find unintentional comedy - the ability to take a mistake, no matter how big or small, and laugh about it. And so, while I try to remain all Positive Polly on this blog, I'd like to dedicate this Thursday's list to my most recent "epic fails".
5. My Bridge

So what you're saying is I can-NOT cross this bridge, correct?
P.S. This is the bridge on my street. It's never up. The one day I need to cross it? It's up. Fail.
4. Last Saturday's Dinner

My monthly dinner club group had the most incredible time at Glen's Diner, here in Chicago on Montrose Ave. We had delicious seafood and promptly ordered dessert after. My friend Jen ordered Bananas Foster. With 10 spoons. Just for her. My dessert came with 3 spoons. Do you think the restaurant was trying to send us a message? Fail.
3. This Photo (I am the one on the left)

(Photo taken from his Facebook page)
2. Present Fail
That's right. I bought you a present when I was in Europe. Yes, YOU, my dear bloggers. Some stuff from Venice. It's very...Venetian. Anyway, I was all excited about it and was going to host a giveaway, and I've posted twice since I've been back and KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT IT. Oops. Look for it next week. Fail.
1. My wedding pictures.
I am about to celebrate my one-year anniversary and I STILL haven't ordered our prints. And I am pretty sure I just missed the deadline. Fail.
Do you use the term "epic fail"? Have you had any recently?
not gonna lie, every time something becomes an "epic fail" and i have the urge to use that term, i think of you. seriously, i think you should like copyright it or something.
ReplyDeleteI use the term all the time!! These aren't that bad. I love it like when a mirror is cracked in a store & the sign is like Brand New On sale! Epic Fail. =P
ReplyDeleteLol I use that term ALL THE TIME.
ReplyDeleteI said it yesterday at work when the computer went down in the middle of a transaction. At least I'm new so my manager had to worry about it =-)
FACT: I just about peed my pants reading about the epic jumping pic fail. My civilized office facade is completely crushed. XOXO
ReplyDeletehaha thats awesome! so funny
ReplyDelete"Epic fail" is one of my favorite terms. That first picture you posted just made me scream. hahaha
ReplyDeleteI think you look cute and very un-shadoobieish in that wedding picture!
The guys on the radio use it alot. Its a great phrase, although beginning to be overused.
ReplyDeleteAlso another funny, and yet still confusing phrase "For the Win!"
I feel like I'm on a gameshow! FOR THE WIN! :)
lol, i like the world fail at the most appropriate times. by it's been over-said here in my city, and it's just grown to be very VERY annoying when it comes out of certain peoples mouths. but now i like to use ASL and sign the word, hehehe.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through BonBon Girls' Rosebuds thing, and am enjoying the read -- glad to be a new follower! I hadn't heard of "epic fail" until my boyfriend introduced me to it... Not sure what that says about us!
ReplyDeletelol!! that wedding picture cracks me up!
ReplyDeletethat wedding picture is priceless!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I love that wedding photo! Love it!
ReplyDeleteim so excited that you're back! you better get some photos up asap:)
ReplyDeleteum we definitely waited a year to order wedding photos. and they are still in a box an additional year later!
OMG!! That first picture is HILARIOUS!!
ReplyDeleteI love the term epic fail, it cracks me up as does this post.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry about the wedding pics--as soon as I came back from my honeymoon I was so done with the wedding. Took us two years to get our album.
Hehe, funny post. I have friends that use the phrase all the time, it sometimes is the perfect description of something though.
ReplyDeleteSo funny... The ability to laugh at oneself or at a tough situation is quite a talent. And so extremely useful in life.
ReplyDeleteI often wonder when there are people in the epic fail pictures on the net, do they know their photos are being used in them... like do they stumble over it one day and just think OH MY GOSH.
ReplyDeletehahaha you're killing me with this one! i definitely use that phrase a lot too lately and i've also definitely experienced my fair share of them. love that photo of u in the wedding. that's so something i would do. and also i'm in the same boat as u about ordering wedding prints...it'll be a year in sept. can u say lazy & pathetic???
ReplyDeletehave a happy 4th honey and a fabulous long weekend! xoxo
Thanks for stopping bye, Meghan! I'll let him know ;). Pretty much everything in my life is an epic fail, always, so I hear ya! I work in an art museum, and I was supposed to fax a request to reprint an image to a museum in Florida. Instead, I faxed it to a museum in New York. But everything on the letter said Florida, and I basically asked New York for an image they didn't have. Fail fail fail.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have ever used the term "epic fail," but I might have to now!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying not to laugh at all your epic fails, but the shadoobie picture is cracking me the hell up!
I don't really know what it means but my favourite Youtube-r (communitychannel) always wears the shirts. I don't think I have failed too much lately that I can remember but I am sure there are some. P.S Hello package swap partner, I really like your blog! :)
ReplyDeletehaha shadoobie.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE photo #3!
ReplyDeleteP.S. If you follow me I'll follow you! http://kara-liveoutload.blogspot.com
Cool post! Love the photos!
ReplyDeletexxx
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com
That jumping photo is hilarious. Sorry, I can't even stop laughing. I hate fails but they usually give for good stories. Like one day when your kids ask why you don't have wedding photos ;)
ReplyDelete