So, when I look back on the last week or so, I realized that I have consumed a ginormous amount of food. I know it's summer and all, but puh-leaze. It's borderline disgusting. And then I took a look at all of the photos I've taken with my handy little iPhone, and I realize that I have documented my entire
Wednesday: Pizza.
We had dinner with friends at an adorable little Italian restaurant, where we feasted on calamari and pizza. And more pizza. And the walls were made of fooseball pieces.

Thursday: Movie snacks and McDonald's.
Armed with my homemade popcorn, peanut M&M and Special K combo, I saw the movie version of:

It was phenomenal! I was surprised at how "normal looking" the actors were (let's just say there was no George Clooney) but overall, I really enjoyed it and thought it represented the book nicely. That Lisbeth Salander is one tough lady!
While my movie snack might not sound like a binge-fest, well, the McDonald's I consumed after the movie was. As I "tweeted" on Thursday evening, my self-esteem dropped exponentially after that cheeseburger. Sads.
Friday: Cupcakes and Tapas.
During the day, I made cupcakes (I know, I know - you're probably already over my cupcake obsession) for a party on Saturday, and I have to say, they were pretty fantastic. Imagine a vanilla cupcake with brownie filling and caramel frosting. It's strange - in my 30 years of existence, this summer is the FIRST time I've ever had any desire to bake. Whatevs, though. I'm gonna roll with it.
In the evening, our monthly Dinner Club group met at an adorable tapas restaurant, where we feasted on bacon-wrapped dates, lemon chicken, jalapeno gnocchi, and of course, chocolate cake.

How festive is this room???

YUM!
Saturday: Anniversary Day! More cupcakes and graduation party food!
As many of you know, my hubs and I didn't have a wedding cake at our wedding. We had cupcakes instead. I swear, people, this is when the madness began. Anyhungry, since we didn't have a frozen layer of cake to eat, we went to the place where we ordered our wedding cupcakes, Swirlz.

Key Lime Pie and Drumstick cupcakes? Yes, please!
And since my little sister graduated from high school and had her big party on Saturday evening, we had to partake in the typical party delicacies: fried chicken, blah blah blah, and cake!

Isn't she a doll? I bet it would be weird to get the piece with her face on it, though...
Ugh. I don't know about you, but I think looking at all of these photos gave me a cavity.
If anyone needs me, I will be under a pile of sugar and fat.
If anyone needs me, I will be under a pile of sugar and fat.
How was your weekend? Are you in a food coma as well???
hey! that's my name! what a cool lookin sis you have...
ReplyDeletewhich tapas restaurant did you go to?? i need summa that jalapeno gnocchi!!
oh great. Now I'm starving and am frantically looking for your pile of sugar and fat so I can join you.
ReplyDelete"anyhungry." ha. :)
ReplyDeletei'm currently in that food coma state as well.
it's like i just can't get enough!
sheeesh.
:)
congratulations to your sister!
still on high from concert festival junkfood and a family bbq. but happily so!
ReplyDeleteI am definitely in a food coma, as you saw from my blog. All I did all weekend was cook - big hunks of meat. Can you believe I was a vegetarian for nine years??? You'd never guess with the bratwurst and meatballs I made and ate all weekend. To make up for it I had a healthy lunch. Or planned to anyway - until an intern brought in apple pastries and Mexican churros....
ReplyDeleteWe didn't have cake at our wedding, either; we had cupcakes, and they weren't very good :(
ReplyDeleteI'm not in a food coma, but I spent the weekend in a sugar coma, and I'm pretty sure I'm heading back into it! I made a cake last week and my hubby won't help me eat it :( . And nobody else is around to help! And I can't just throw it away, so I'm pretending it's healthy to eat a whole cake by yourself.
I wish I was in a food coma caused by cupcakes and tapas. YUM!
ReplyDeleteI wish I was in a food coma caused by cupcakes and tapas. YUM!
ReplyDeleteWe had cupcakes at our wedding, too! They made my night!
ReplyDeleteJust stop at cupcakes, hehe. Those sound so good!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys had a wonderful weekend, you totally deserve it!
The green cupcake looks good, don't worry, we all have a cupcake obsession in us.
ReplyDeleteI;m so hungry now lol ;) Great restaurant pics, they places all look so cool!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats to your sis!
Great blog =)
Omg I know how you probably feel after all that food but DANG I want to eat it all. Sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteSo the movie was good? Bf and I want to see it reallllly bad.
Congrats to your sis!
i ending up buying the girl with the dragon tattoo DVD and it's a good thing because i LOVED it! also saw the second one recently in theatres. it's alright...i'm most looking forward to the last one. need to finish the book first.
ReplyDeletebtw i'm trying to convince the boy to go on a weekend trip to chicago. if we do, i'm hitting you up for restaurant recommendations. i know how much you love your city.
You have succeeded in making me very hungry!! I'm sure you have run every single calorie off by now, so no worries on your McDonald's or cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteLoving the fooseball decorations, and those delightful cupcakes! Looks like a fun time recently.
ReplyDeleteUmmmm yes! I'm in a complete food coma as I write this. Why must sugar be so addicting and delicious?
ReplyDeleteDRUMSTICK CUPCAKES?!?!?! I think those might make my life complete. Seriously!! And I don't think you should feel guilty for one single second--it's summertime and the livin's easy and life should totally be all about indulgences . . . that's the most fun, and definitely what we remember. xo.
ReplyDeleteMmm....all that food looks so good! Those cupcakes look fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI was in a major food coma after this pool party I went to on Saturday. Bad place to overeat? Someplace that you're wearing a bathing suit.
ReplyDeleteSo many delicious cakes! That key lime pie cupcake looks to die for!
Food coma? Indeed. I'm in Texas. Two words, BBQ. Brisket. Zzzzzzzz
ReplyDeleteOH my---but it all sounds so yummy!
ReplyDeleteI love that you post so many pictures - it really helps me visualize what you're talking about.
ReplyDeleteOh friend, I love a good food coma...every once in a while. : ]
Love,
B
Ps: Dove post is up now!
Now I'm hungry for a cupcake. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteNo really, it looks like you had a very full, enjoyable weekend.
Cupcakes for wedding anniversary! That is totally it, gal!
ReplyDeleteMe and hubs had champagne for ours... well, he ended up fixing himself up a mojito, due to Miami nostalgia - and before I drag out the last leaves of our indoor peppermint - so I had the whole small bottle to myself;) Didn't waste a drop...
OMG! It's almost 12 midnight here and you made my stomach rumble. lol. that is a lot of sweet treats. yum!
ReplyDeleteIt was anniversary time, so it's the perfect excuse ;) The fooseball wall at the pizza place is pretty unique and pizza is one thing that I do not get sick of.
ReplyDeleteThe movie snacks that you brought in sound delish and much better than the stuff you buy at the movies. I'm glad that you liked the movie. I have to say that I have never heard of the book or movie (I need to start reading more).
The cupcakes you made sound delish. I definitely get into baking moods and you have to take advantage while the urge is there.
The tapas you had at dinner club all sound yummy, especially jalapeno gnocchi and chocolate cake.
I'm glad you had a Happy Anniversary and that is so cute that you celebrated with cupcakes from where you got them for the wedding. Drumstick cupcake...yum!
This post made me hungry!
Oh yes I've been in a food coma since my birthday a week ago. I'm kinda disgusted actually! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Anniversary btw :) xoxo
AHHH i'm reading the girl with the dragon tattoo right now!! ITS SOOOO GOOOD!!!
ReplyDeleteand those cupcakes look delicious!!!!!
that cake is too cute! i've always wanted a cake with a picture on it! hahah.!
so many desserts... all not p90x approved but I'd totally cave to eat them all!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you had cupcakes at your wedding. I often toy with that idea. I love even more that you got the same ones for your anniversary! ox
hello dear! I hear you on the food coma - between mexican last night, ice cream today... im on the road for that kind of weekend!
ReplyDeleteomg. you love cupcakes too?? let's be bfffffs now.
ReplyDeleteI bit late to comment on this post maybe, but I'm just catching up and had actually decided not to comment too much, because that would take way too much time, but I just had to leave a comment about the movie "the girl with the dragon tattoo" I loved that movie, and I've seen the next 2 as well, you are so gonna love those as well. Though the first one is the best. Have you read the books? They were my summer reading last year.
ReplyDelete