Congrats, Christy! Please send me your contact information at perfectcompilationtape at gmail dot com. And if you don't know Christy, you should definitely check out her amazing blog! From her running to her upcoming New York adventures, Christy is a fun-loving, sweet lady and you should all pay her a visit right now!
(A message from TPCT Legal Team: I used the Random Number Generator online. I tried to take a pic with my phone, but it looked awful.)
Seriously, y'all. Thank you SO much for your love and support! Your comments truly made me smile - I am blessed to blog along side of you!
Ok, so the sads. Why, you ask? It's not like a "throw myself on the bed and cry" kind of sad. It's more like "I have too much time in the summer to think about things and I let TV and internet rule my life and I get emotionally involved in characters and think I am stranded on an island with them" sads.
***Update: I am actually kind of sad for my hubby, whose iPhone met an untimely death by water. RIP iPhone. Who will my hubby talk to when I am annoying the bejeezus out of him???
5.) Bill Compton's change of "heart" on True Blood.

So yeah. I was always Team Bill (sorry, Team Eric fans) - he's southern, charming and knows how to respect a woman (well, after he got over the whole biting their necks thing). But MAN! This new season has thrown me for a loop, and while many of you are probably all like "Sookie is totally going to hook up with Eric", I STILL think beneath that dead body of his, he's a decent vampire with a "heart" of gold.
4.) Mel Gibson.

I don't know what to say here. It's not like I'm a huge Mel Gibson fan (minus "The Patriot", I really can't stand his movies). But his use of language and treatment of women doesn't do much to restore my faith in an industry that already brings us so much disappointment. Besides, the ranting and raving on voicemails is SO last season.
3.) Lost. Because I don't get it but cannot stop.

Seriously. Do you know how many "I'm stranded on a deserted island with Matthew Fox" dreams I've had? Like, SEVERAL (apologies to my hubby). I don't know WHAT is happening. We're on season 3 and I have lots of questions about Ben and Juliet (Does Jack hook up with her???) and the Dharma Initiative and Desmond and where Locke is and I just don't know what to think anymore. And now with the recent Emmy nominations and everyone RAVING about Matthew Fox's performance in the final episode, I cannot help wondering if he dies (DO NOT TELL ME). Let's just say that if he does, this case of the sads will return full force.
2.) Being stalked by Kelly Bensimon on Twitter.

Yes, you read that correctly. Crazy Kelly from Scary Island follows me on Twitter. I have tried my hardest to reach out to celebs and respond to their tweets - from Bethenny to Ramona to Kathy Griffin to Tori Spelling - I am constantly whoring myself out for a celeb response. And I've got nothing. Except Kelly. Perhaps she caught on to my tweets about rainbows and sparkles. File this one under "Epic Fail".
***UPDATE: She no longer follows! I was going to take a picture of it, so I checked. People, I SWEAR at one point she was. Now she is back down to following 251 people. YEAH! HAPPY CLOWN!
1.) Web MD.
Have you tried this amazing website? You can enter all of your symptoms and BAM! The Internet can tell you what's wrong without a doctor's visit or bills. So yesterday, I had a few dizzy spells. And I cannot sleep. Disregarding the fact that I have been drinking espresso five times a day because I LURVE my new machine, I entered "lack of sleep" and "dizziness" into WebMD. The prognosis? Either an earache that is common in babies or aspirin poisoning. I immediately reported this to my husband. He explained that perhaps its the fact that I drink a lot of coffee. What does HE know?
How are YOU??? Are you as emotionally involved with the television and internet?
HAHA!
ReplyDeleteOh, Season 3 of Lost. You're still so much into the crazy, you have no idea.
Isn't Ben AMAZING?! I just love him so much. He's so pure evil and awesome and just...girl, you are in for some awesome headed your way.
The 4th and 5th seasons are incredible. Just you wait. And you can always Tweet me questions if you have them, and I'll do my best to answer the ones that aren't spoilers.
Even though this was a blog about things making you sad, I honestly laughed like five times. I hope that wasn't insensitive of me, haha. I just love the way you write things! :D
ReplyDeleteYou don't really think Bill had a change of heart, do you? He's doing all of this FOR Sookie, to keep her safe! And if she wants to get it on with Alcide or Eric in the meantime, well, can you blame her? :)
ReplyDeleteI totally do the same thing! I get way too emotionally involved with my favorite characters!
ReplyDeleteMeghan, do you read the Sookie books? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteI was team Bill for awhile but there is a certain book that totally brought me over to Eric's side. I think it's because in life I like a guy that won't let me walk on him and I feel like Bill is more the guy that'll totally ALWAYS bend over backwards - Eric's just a little more "hard" (no pun intended) and I like that. But either way, they're both sexy as hell!
Mel Gibson - ugh.
And Lost - just wait. Meghan seriously, it gets even more confusing.
have you read the sookie books? I love Eric because of them and the fact that Alexander if gorgeous really helps lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm sad about Mel though, I used to love Lethal Weapon, boo
Yay Christy!! If I didn't win, I'm glad she did. :]
ReplyDeleteAnd uhm, I've never seen any of thsoe shows. My husband and I just caught up with the first season of Community online, because we don't have a tv, and that was a huge deal for us. LOL.
Hahahaha! I love that crazy Kelly was following you on twitter! Um, I love Lost and True Blood!
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel any better I'm being twitter-stalked by Heidi Montag. This is probably going to result in my name being put on some government hit list to rid the world of truly stupid, ignorant people. Ack.
ReplyDeleteLove,
B
Yeah Mel Gibson turned out to be a douchey wackadoo. Sads.
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! I too am a huge True Blood fan. Not sure which camp I would be a part of though... Honestly I really like Sam. Now I know he's not a vampire, but I don't care! :) He is by far hotter than Eric and Bill, at least in my eyes. Probably because I like those country boys... LOL.
ReplyDeleteI can get pretty involved with characters on tv shows too. And I'm a crier lol, it only needs to be remotely sad and I start crying. Trying to limit my tv time at the moment though and only watch a couple of series regularly.
ReplyDeleteI think you are cute and funny.I am not emotionally involved. Don't watch tv and so busy with the kids....About coffee it is funny.
ReplyDeletehave a wonderful day :)
Hugs
Mel Gibson. Sigh. WTF is wrong with him anyway?
ReplyDeleteI'm not currently as emotionally involved in television as you...but come fall, I will be...for sure!
gawd if bill compton and sookie stackhouse were to be killed off on true blood, i think i would like it 100x more! i dunno this season is just weird and freaky and a lot going on. now eric...mmmm. yes i like him. lol.
ReplyDeleteas for mel...he's a friggen weirdo. done and done with him.
omg that is such a sad twitter story! how dare she.
ReplyDeletewhere is that bavarian haus you speak of?? i must go when i'm home!
I hear you on the espresso! Cute blog - what a fun writing style you have.
ReplyDeleteI saw on mLovesm that you liked her headband. Come check out my headband giveaway this week!
Andi of Tights and Bites
Mel Gibson has lost his ever-loving mind.
ReplyDeleteYeah Bill...I hope deep down he's still that gentle guy he used to be. Don't like what I've seen so far in this season. If this continues I'm definitely going for Eric. Yay! ;) Maybe I am already. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteWatch Lost girl...don't ask what's gonna happen. Just watch it. haha. ;) It's a sickness. Watched 3 seasons in a row. Not in one day but in one week; obsessed I know. :( So yeah, just wait and see. :)
And Mel, huh?! haha. Trying to forget he exists. Harsh maybe but he's annoying. Really. Ugh.
And I got to check that site out. Love coffee, so it might tell me I'm poisoned or something...hmmm...
have a great day.
xoox
Stopping by to say thanks for the sweet birthday wishes! Happy weekend to you!
ReplyDeleteI would say I'm also addicted to television shows that don't make me think...Tori and Dean, The Hills, The City, Make it or Break it...I could go on and on:-) I am just as addicted to the internet, and a little concerned about being in Europe for 3 weeks without it!Ack.
ReplyDeletei'd love to sit here and tell you all about my emotionally unhealthy relationship with tv but the young and the restless is starting and i gotta go...
ReplyDeleteLady stay off webMD. its dangerous!!! i went to the doctor with a list of diseases that webmd said i had and the doctor shook his head at me. lesson learnt haha.
ReplyDeletestay off it!
Congrats to the winner!
ReplyDeleteMe? Emotionally invested in TV shows, surely you jest.
Just ask anyone how freakin' batshit crazy I was about LOST. I think I lost my shit there for awhile. *sigh*
Oh how I have missed coming over here to visit you. I have watched Lost from the beginning and now I have the last three shows recorded and should watch them but I have been so Lost on here for a while I don't know sometimes why I even try to keep up. lol
ReplyDeleteSince they had me lying flat on my back I have not watched much TV. It is on now for sound I guess.
I have fallen in love with all of you though on the internet so I guess you can say I am emotionally involved with my blogger buddies.
I feel their pain when they are sad and I do hate your hubby drowned his way of keeping up with his beautiful wife.
Take care honey and as always I loved my visit with you
Love
Maggie
I LOVE that Kelly was following you.. that is hilarious! I'm definitely emotionally involved with TV and the internet.. too much I think!
ReplyDeleteok I am super glad you're getting into Lost. although season 3 drove me bonkers with all the craziness, you have no idea all the crazy to come. :)
ReplyDeletealso my friends and I are watching all the seasons of 24. talk about crazy emotionally involved in television!! I almost cried in a few of the episodes we watched yesterday. too bad I'm the only girl in this viewing circle, otherwise it may have been more acceptable. daaaaaaang you Jack Bauer.