7.29.2010

Top 5 Thursdays - The Real Housewives Edition!

Many of you are aware that I am DYING to meet a celebrity, and that my feeble attempts have resulted in some pretty close calls.  I mean - Vince Vaughn filmed a movie NEXT DOOR to me, and Shia LeDumbass LaBeouf and Patrick Dempsey were recently spotted ACROSS the street from me.  Additionally, I attempt to "tweet" with celebs, to no avail.   And I am currently green with envy because the lovely Tara, of that's why her hair is so big, has celebs like Heather McDonald reading her blog. (Hi Heather!  I loved your book!)


When is it my turn???


SO, I've decided to turn this Thursday's Top 5 list into a very self-promoting, self-indulgent list.  Because, I WILL get the attention of the celebs on my list, come hell or high water.


My Top 5 Favorite Real Housewives...

Disclaimer:  Just in case my 500 attempts to grab the attention of these ladies on Twitter actually works, I have to say that they really are ALL of my favorites - there is no ranking system:)

5. Kim Zolciak (Atlanta)


kimzolciak

I have to say it - "Tardy for the Party" totally won me over (Eat your heart out, Countess LuAnn).  I don't care how big her hair is, or how many times she gets engaged to Big Poppa - I love me some Kim.  She's wild, she's crazy and she stands up to the other Atlanta crazies.  Rock on with your bad self, Kim. 

4. Ramona Singer (New York)


alist_drama_ramona_03


Ramona, as you know, has "renewed" herself this season, and I just love it.  She's funny and feisty and loves her pinot, and she constantly makes me laugh.  Especially when she gets wasted.  And walks in fashion shows.

3. Alex McCord (New York)


alex_mccord240x320

Besides being totally gorgeous, graceful AND finding her voice on this season, Alex gets major cool points because of her hubby, the illustrious Simon VanKempen (who, BTW, started following me on Twitter!).  He wears red pleather pants, she calls Jill a "mean girl", and what can I say?  They stole my Brooklyn-loving heart.  


2. Caroline Manzo (New Jersey)


Caroline_Manzo

"You mess with my family, you mess with me."  How can you NOT love this tough little Italian woman?  Despite the "love & light" that Danielle has spread throughout New Jersey, Caroline knew all along what a snake she really was (as well as half of the U.S.).  Personally, I'd love to get Caroline in a room with some other crazy housewives (I'm taking to YOU, Kelly) and bitch-slap them show them some tough love.

1. BETHENNY!  (New York)


bethenny-frankel-pic

God love this woman.  She's smart, sassy and quick as a whip.  I have adored Bethenny's no-nonsense attitude since day one, when she was besties with Jill and dating Jason #1.  If anyone watches her spin-off, "Bethenny Getting Married", you may have bawled like a baby watching her recent wedding and birth of her daughter, Bryn.  Am I the only one???  Anywho, one of my recent favorite Bethenny moments came when her water broke in last week's episode.  While she is furiously trying to pack a bag and tell her assistant to buy a crib, her husband Jason is calling friends and family.  Her annoyed response?  "We didn't just get engaged!  I have water coming out of my vagina."


Clearly, I need a life.


Are you a housewives fan?  Who are some of your faves?


P.S.  I participated in Micaela's "Coffee Meet-Up" this week.  Go check it out here.  She is a DOLL!

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. I am so behind on the Housewives suff, but I watched the very first episode of RHONY the other night, and I loooove Bethenny! She is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never actually watched the Housewives show so I can't relate.

    HOWEVER, if you ever see Patrick Dempsey strolling around PLEASE kidnap him for me. I'd kill for some time with McDreamy, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also addicted to the Housewives! Jorge calls it my OMG TV. Danielle and Kelly kill me as well! So don't worry, I think it's healthy to watch trash TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I've never watched Housewives!

    So Pub Golf is played with 9 holes, which are each bars and at each bar, you have 4 drink options. Depending on which you take will result in your score for that 'hole.' For example, our first hole, an Irish Car Bomb was the highest scoring (an eagle, so 2 below par) and a glass of wine was the lowest scoring, so it gave you par for that hole. Does that make sense? If you have any understanding of golf, it should. I sure didn't until now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also Love Bethenny and may have shed a few tears as well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, loove Bethenny too ;-) I still think you should have had an honorary #6 maybe JUST for Gretchen from OC's hair ;-) It's just so fabulous!! Wedding and Baby episodes from Bethenny Getting Married? are waiting for me on my DVR-- can't wait to watch!! :-D

    Ps- thoughts on the new DC girls? Ugg, they look kind of stuck up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total Housewives fan. I'm with you on the Ramona love, she's just a trip. I also think Teresa is so over-the-top that she's hilarious, in an unintentional way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'll be honest, my heart belongs to the orange county wives! not sure if it is bc they were the originals or simply bc they don't have ridiculous accents, but something just makes me love them the most :)

    ps. did you see the episode where alex and her husband went shopping?? i thought it was ridiculous that she said neither of them would consider buying something their spouse hadn't seen, BUT i was totally loving how he thought his wife looked completely hot in all of it! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm addicted!!! Seriously I can't get enough of them. Getting ready to watch Bethenny as I type :) Seriously my friends and I have a lot of connections to Bethenny so we always say we should just be friends. My officiant married her, my friends jeweler designed her rings, the guy who sold J my camera I got for my bday went to the wedding and his cousin is Jason's friend, and the girls who did Bethenny's dress fitting fitted my friend. Destiny to be friends, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Caroline, she seems like such a cool, down to earth lady. And, going old school, I always like Jeana from the OC. I think Jill is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore Bethenny. I saw her at the red dress fashion show when we were in NYC and she was totally gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Housewives is like an accident on the expressway....I don't want to look, but I can't help myself. I'd have to agree with most of your top 5, although Alex is my fave. I also heart Kandi too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love the housewives!! I'd have to say my favorites are Bethenny, Kim and Lori (from the OC).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just started watching the New Jersey series. But I'm sure I'll get sucked into DC when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the housewives, though hate the fact that I love the shows. Faves: Dena (miss her), Vicki, Nene, and Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ramona Singer... she looks absolutely glowing! And if the lady likes her pinot, she is a wise gal too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. my comment doesn't have much to do with housewives (esp since i don't want the tv shows), but i was on micaela's blog and saw the picture of you and your espresso!!!! i'm totally an espresso drinker too!! i prefer it over a simple cup of coffee.

    i need to go to chicago. we need to meet up. :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't seek the Housewives out but if I see them on TV, I can't turn the channel! Love the NY and Jersey girls the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The only episodes of Housewives I've seen were from the Atlanta season, so I'm a little out of the loop here!

    Good luck meeting your celebrity though! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. its probably a a good thing i don't have cable... i'm sure i would get addicted!!... but even without cable.. i find enough silliness on tv to glue my eyes to! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clearly I also need a life. I'm addicted to the housewives series and it's a problem! I want to be Bethanny's ridiculous friend and meet all of these ridiculous women. I'd love to know how much is actually them and how much is the handy work of some talented editors!
    Great blog btw!
    xo tash
    http://www.thechirpyladybird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha you're halfway to being your own celebrity, just keep on doing your fantastic blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I pretty much only like RHONY anymore. The OC got pretty sad as a lot of them have taken depressing turns in their lives which shouldn't have been aired on tv. NJ just scares the crap out of me. Although I do like Caroline. She's tough when she needs to be but I like when they show her in situations where she doesn't have to be tough - like when she went shopping with her hubby when he got new clothes after losing weight. And the ATL also scares the crap out of me. Looking forward to DC but I am concerned that it's gonna turn into a big scandal due to the woman who snuck into the fancy-schmancy dinner. We'll see. But I loke all the ladies from NYC - even Kelly. Unlike Danielle, she's harmless and too dumb to really hurt anyone. This comment is way to long and shows that I watch Bravo way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just found your blog through the Project You site, and boy am I glad I did. I am a housewives junky!!
    I agree that Bethenny is fabulous. She is definitely my favorite, though I do love Theresa (nj). She'd be a close 2nd.
    How excited are you for DC to start?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you and I would be great real-life friends. I agree with everything, especially Bethenny. I do love me some Nene, though. She made me laugh the first season of Atlanta.

    Are you going to be watching DC Housewives? Confession: whenever I have the control of the TV, it's always turned to Bravo.

    Gotta have my Housewives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love everything about this post!!
    words can't describe my obsession with real housewives! and i love when i find another RH lover! hahah.
    kim was atually in nashville last night performing tardy for the party!! AHahah! i couldn't believe i missed it!

    also bethenny is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I could watch any city for hours!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I can tell I love yours already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...