Done and Done.


Since the wedding planning is over (thank goodness), I am now in the early stages of planning a new feature on this old bloggity blog that involves cupcakes:) It will "rise" next week. (Get it? Rise? Because cupcakes rise? Umm, ok.)
So this week's top 5 is devoted to: Your Top 5 Favorite Desserts!
You will have to bear with me, as my top 5 dessert lists consists of all cupcakes from one of the best cupcakeries in Chicago, Swirlz. Because if I had my way, I'd eat cupcakes every single day with every meal. I don't know about you, but looking at these little baked treasures ALWAYS puts me in a better mood:) Plus, this little project gave me and the hubs some great desserts this week!
#5: Bittersweet Chocolate

It's chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. Light, sweet and the most delicious buttercream frosting this side of the Mississippi! What's not to love?
#4: Lemon Creme

Umm, the top dollop of frosting is MERINGUE! Just the right amount of light and sweet!
#3: Jameson/Guiness

I was a little nervous about how this one would turn out - but it tasted like Bailey's Irish Creme. Plus, it wasn't too boozy:)
#2: Red Velvet

This is usually my go-to cupcake wherever I am, and I especially love Swirlz because of their amazing cream cheese frosting on top!
#1: Chocolate Covered Strawberry

This one was my absolute fave because of the STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE filling! I DIE!
To me, cupcakes are little delicious bundles of happiness and I am very excited to continue to share my love of these tiny treats, beginning next week!
So until then - what is YOUR go-to dessert???
P.S. Thanks to everyone who entered my little giveaway! It's not too late - you can still enter here!
All of those look delish, but I am partial to red velvet myself. With cream cheese icing...mmmmmmm...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your wedding shoes!
oh my oh my oh my! Pure Bliss!!! cupcakes are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI was just telling one of my many "when I was a little girl" stories to my daughter. It was about how I wanted a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for my wedding cake. The time came and I didn't do it. I just didn't think of it! I'm glad you had your cupcakes. I was a little bummed when I realized (7 years later mind you) that I didn't have my carrot cake!
ReplyDeletemmm, i love pics of cupcakes!! they are pretty yummy looking ones too.
ReplyDelete♥
Cheesecake is always my go to - which is probably why I'm slightly obsessed with the Cheesecake Factory, hehe.
ReplyDeleteYummy!!!! I love the last photo! I wish I could just take it from my computer screen ;)
ReplyDeletePs: I'm having a great giveaway on my blog, it's a lovely dress/tunic. The giveaway ends tomorrow, you're more than welcome to participate :)
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com
are you ready for this...
ReplyDeletei hate cupcakes. ha! i know right!!! what's wrong with me?!
but i love the way they look so big fan of your wedding cupcakes and pink shoes, of course ;)
are you ready for this...
ReplyDeletei hate cupcakes. ha! i know right!!! what's wrong with me?!
but i love the way they look so big fan of your wedding cupcakes and pink shoes, of course ;)
Wow - those look so yummy! I love strawberry cupcakes with lemon frosting - it's like strawberry lemonade. And I love the pink wedding shoes - I went with dark blue. And I can totally and easily wear them again.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite go-to dessert is creme Brulee. I love it and order it at every restaurant. I've even made it myself and it's been quite tasty. Desserts are the best!!!
I love cupcakes but I make a crazy good bread pudding and creme brulee too. All perfect choices for swimsuit season. HAHAHA.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love you. i was scrolling down thinking, "ok how am i going to phrase my answer about donuts?" and then you did it for me :-)
ReplyDeleteok, so how are we gonna do this? should i eat a cupcake (GAG. (kidding i still actually love them)) and then take pictures/write about it and email you??
ohhh those look soooo yummy!! I don't care much for the cake part lol ....just the icing! :) Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteCupcakes are little packets of deliciousness and I would eat them all day every day if I could. Red Velvet or chocolate with vanilla frosting would be my flavors of choice.
ReplyDeleteI totally wore pink shoes on my wedding day :) And yummmm ....I want some cupcakes now!
ReplyDeleteHey, weren't we going to get a cupcake after dinner on Wednesday? Somehow we forgot ... I wonder why.
ReplyDeleteYum, those all look amazing! I love chocolate covered gummy bears and frozen yogurt. Ohhh but these cupcakes look very tempting indeed. :)
ReplyDeleteThese all look so, so good! I can't even remember the last time I had a cupcake, but carrot cupcakes are my fav!
ReplyDeleteAnd gorg wedding shoes, love the pink!
Happy Friday Follow!! I am a new follower and thank you kindly for joining us today. Wishing you an amazing weekend -
ReplyDelete~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com
p.s. My go-to dessert is Lindt's white chocolate truffles. Oh so good.
um. yum.
ReplyDeleteand I just rhymed.
Also. Check out my blog, lady. A surprise awaits :)
The lemons is speaking...more like yelling...at me!
ReplyDeletered velvet... yum...
ReplyDeleteUhhh I have no words because I can't stop drooling. YUM! Might be one of my favorite posts of all time! :)
ReplyDeleteim reading along going where is red velvet where is red velvet. and there it was.
ReplyDeleteit is, by far, the most fabulous dessert on the planet.
so cute *-*
ReplyDeleteI think i may travel to chicago purely for those cupcakes!
ReplyDeletexxx
My "go-to" dessert is anything and everything chocolate! Those cupcakes are all to die for:) When we were an Atlanta we tried to go to the Atlanta Cupcake Factory, but sadly they were closed on the day we went:( I've never even had a red velvet cupcake!
ReplyDeleteYummmm, those cupcakes look so good!
ReplyDeleteMy go-to dessert - my mom's raspberry pie. So. Good. Growing up, I'd always request raspberry pie instead of cake for my birthday. Wish my mom lived closer, I miss that pie!
oh my goodness- Cupcakes are so dangerously delicious.
ReplyDeletelove your blog and LOVE the top 5's! i shall participate! :)
ReplyDelete