I've been contemplating:
* Running. I am signed up for a half-marathon on May 8th, and I am really proud of what I have achieved thus far. I've also come to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me on these runs. However, I've trained for longer races in the past and have been forced to quit due to injury or chose to stop due to shifting priorities. I've seriously become known as the girl who trains for marathons but does not run them! I am just really hoping I can maintain my momentum and shift it into high gear these last few weeks. OH - and try and look sexy in a fuel belt while I do so:)

A quiet morning in Chicago
* Secretly, I DO want to be a great housewife and mother, despite all of my talk about living my life first and being too selfish for a baby. I dream about babies and learning how to use a KitchenAid mixer (we have one in silver and I haven't touched it). I just want to go to Europe first and get over my fear of gaining weight. But don't worry - the names have already been selected:)

I'll take one in pink, thank you.
* People. Sometimes when I am out with my friends, I realize I do a lot of the talking. I'd like to learn to be a better listener.
* Food. I am really proud of myself and my hubby. We've been eating nothing but fresh fruits and veggies. He's made some incredible meals, and I have Jamie Oliver's "Food Revolution" to thank.
* Blogging. Sometimes I feel inadequate. Sometimes it's easy to caught up in the hype of followers and comments, although I really do my best not to. Whenever I post something, I do it from the heart, I have fun with it, and I tell myself it doesn't matter what people think. Sometimes that's easier said than done! However, when I met my first blogger in real life, the lovely Alissa of Grace's Birdcage, I realized that our meeting was what it was all about - the ability to form friendships with people, only to discover how amazing they are online AND in person. I had the best time with Alissa, chatting about blogging, marriage and life - all over coffee and a shopping trip to H&M. Thank you, Alissa, for helping me to appreciate the true meaning of blogging.
Is there anything that's been on YOUR mind lately?

Before I sign off, I wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered to help me search the globe for the best cupcake:) Your support is amazing and I hope to feature your research as it is submitted!
One of the first ladies to respond was my friend Brenna from Dallas. She is a true Southern belle - the perfect combination of sassy and sweet! Brenna recently ordered cupcakes from the famous Sprinkles chain (there's one coming to Chi-town!) - for her guests AND FOR HER DOG, the adorable Javier! How can you NOT love that?!?!



If there is a Sprinkles in your area, Brenna highly recommends the milk chocolate, black & white and the chocolate marshmallow. And don't forget to order some for your dog, too!
Oh, yum, those cupcakes look delicious!
ReplyDeleteWhat marathon are you planning to run? I hate to admit that I'm like you, always training, but never running the race! I wonder if that's a metaphor for life?
I've just been thinking about my PURPOSE in life. I can't find a job to save my darn life and school is going well but I have awhile before I'll be done.
ReplyDeleteI've been writing a lot, which is awesome, but daily I wonder if it'll ever be good enough to get published.
And I know what you mean about followers and commenters. My little blog seems to do really well but still... I can tell when someone comments just so I'll comment back to then and when someone actually READS what I say, ya know?
AND those cupcakes are darn amazing looking.
AND next time I'm in Chicago we definitely need to get together!
OMG Sprinkles cupcakes. You are so so so so lucky you're getting one there! That picture just made my mouth water. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on signing up for your half marathon! That is straight hardcore. I still have trouble with a 5K!
And you should never EVER feel inadequate! Your blog is amazing and I would follow you to the ends of the earth!
PS. I will take that army green mixer in the front please. I LOVE KitchenAid mixers!
Babies. I have babies on the brain and they just will not go away. I had baby hunger like this a few years ago and it dissipated. I know we can't have kids until we are more geographically and employment-ly stabilized, but damn I can't stop thinking about babies. Looking at baby clothes. Reading baby blogs. Looking at baby pictures.
ReplyDeletethanks for the sweet comments! we think she's pretty cute too!
ReplyDeleteFirst.. those cuppies look delish!
ReplyDeleteSecond... I want to run a marathon one day. First I need to not feel like I'm going to pass out after running just a mile!
Third.. It's okay to admit that you're too selfish with your time to even think of having a baby right now. I like that kind of thinking. :) Sometimes you gotta take care of yourself first.. then baby! I also can't wait to be a momma!
Happy Monday!
xx Love & Aloha
Stop by to enter my ~Une Very Stylish Fille Giveaway~
A lot of the same things have been on my mind lately. Eating right and working out. Not getting caught up in the follower/giveaway craze and remembering that blogging is personal. Wanting to be a wife/mother more than I ever let on. So whatever you're going through, I'm right there too girl! And THAT's what's so awesome about these blogs =]
ReplyDeletedon't get caught up in the blogging up. it's not about the "popularity" and number of followers. it's you being you and finding people who appreciate you and maybe making incredible friendships.
ReplyDeletethere. that was my lecture for the day :)
a) love this post
ReplyDeleteb) im so with you on the listening. i need to shut up!
c) you're so sweet - im so with you on the reminder that THIS is why i blog. not the numbers!
Never feel inadequate about your blog. Your blog is wonderful and so full of you-isms! You don't ever want to change that! That's why we all love it!
ReplyDeleteah you had a blog meet up?! how fun! i agree with brittany your you-isms are great!!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog!
ReplyDeleteThere's plenty of time for babies, I think it's wonderful that there are so many things you'd like to do first - do them, and enjoy every minute!
Oh my gosh I'm DYING for a Kitchen Aid mixer! How can you not use it?! I would totally come over and teach you everything about mixing! Lol I love going to my mom's house just to use it!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, by the way! I too want to be a better listener!
your honesty is gorgeous meghan! whether it comes from a top 5 list or a place of contemplation, i love that you are always trying to be the best version of yourself.
ReplyDeletei'm not sure how you could go wrong with that! :)
it sounds like you know where you who you want to be as a wife, friend, blogger and future mommma -your journey is going to be all the more beautiful because you are so aware of where you want to evolve. i am so proud of you!
I've been thinking about babies too...probably because it is mating season :)
ReplyDeleteI do that from time to time... I think its more around our age kinda thing.. wasnt looking forward to 30 personally... I too want to run but I dont have time I'm excited for u and ur marathon!! Go girl!
ReplyDeleteI have the classic red kitchen aid, after all the years of baking I finally got one for christmas last year! You will be a great baking mama!
oh and .. your blog rocks!
Good job on signing up for a marathon! I have yet to do that.
ReplyDelete1. contemplative is one of my favorite words.
ReplyDelete2. love that chicago shot. can't handle how much i miss it.
3. i totally get you on the blogging thing. i always catch myself blogging for my readers, when i should be blogging for ME.
happy tuesday
xoxo
I LOVE Chicago. Oh and Europe. And cupcakes. Just not running. But that's ok.
ReplyDeleteWhere in Europe are you going, dear? I'm excited for you, you're going to LOVE it!!!
haha I LOVE IT!!! I'm the girl that would buy cupcakes for my dogs :) i love the pretty cookies they sell for them and i always get them! at maverick's old groomery (CUTEST little place called spa and bone-tique) the nice gay guys who owned it loved when i came in cos i had to have the latest pet head (bed head hair products for dogs). They knew i was a sucker when i paid $50 for a studded collar for maverick... the designer is big in the fashion world! what can i say? lol
ReplyDeleteand the thing you said about people.... i can be terrible at that as well. I will learn to let others share their stories before being reminded of my own. (you get the idea by how much i gabbed on about my dog ha!)
Blogging.. dear lord, me too!!!! I LOVE all of what you said. I'm a little overwhelmed with my new job esp since we're in training and i worry that if i don't post or haven't commented, my friends will take it personal. Isn't it crazy how much it can overwhelm you? i try not to because i don't want it to ever get to "that"-- this is my heart on my sleeve. But i just worry about hurting anyone's feelings. so I LOVE what you said it's all about. It truly is!!!
LOVE this post Meghan! :)
It's hard to resist the siren song of the kitchen aid mixer, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to pop over and thank you for entering the giveaway for my Karma Cards on the Oh, Mishka blog. We've got a few sets left if you're still keen (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;D
Ooh I would love one of those minty green mixers! Those cupcakes look really good too.
ReplyDeletekitchen aid ... hell yes! Love them I got the pistachio on for my 30th .. woot!!!
ReplyDeleteI think that blogging thing happens to everyone. It will pass, I promise and you'll keep blogging for you and stop caring about the stats. And I'll keep reading!
ReplyDeleteSPRINKLES yum yum yum yum....so glad we have them around here!!!!!
and yay for meeting Ms birdcage! I love her blog and you!
I have #2 in the bottom row. Hit me up lady. I'll tell you how to work it. It will change your life!
ReplyDeletegreen kitchen-aide for me, please
ReplyDeleteI have a red one!
ReplyDelete