Hello, loves! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!! Mine was filled with a 5K (my best 5K time ever, too!), lots of hot tea (it's been super rainy here - perfect tea weather), and a fun night out with girlfriends. Now it's back to the grind!
The lovely Bianca of "Goodnight Little Spoon" tagged me in this little "Threes" activity so I thought I'd post my responses. If you don't know the awesomeness that is Bianca you should definitely check her out. She's so thoughtful and creative and I simply adore her blog.
Three names I go by:
-- Meghan-- Megomal
-- O-Town
Three jobs I've had:
-- Golf caddy (BEST job ever - paid cash to walk around in the sunshine and carry golf clubs!)
-- Receptionist
-- Teacher (Current job)
Three places I've lived:
-- Tinley Park, IL
-- Valparaiso, IN
-- Chicago, IL (Current location)
Three favourite drinks:
-- Water with lemon or cucumber
-- Grande sugar-free hazelnut lattes with soy milk
-- Any hot tea
Three TV shows I watch:
-- 24
-- Mad Men
-- True Blood
Three places I've been recently:
-- Boston
-- San Francisco
-- Las Vegas (The happiest place on earth!)
Three places I'd like to visit: (And I will this summer!!!)
-- Paris and Nice
-- Venice, Florence and Rome
-- Munich and Frankfurt
Three favourite old TV shows:
-- Saved By the Bell (But NOT "The New Class" or "College Years")
-- My So-Called Life
-- You Can't Do That on Television
Three favourite dishes:
-- Anything Mexican - preferably chicken tacos
-- My hubby's maple-glazed pork with sweet potatoes
-- Does dessert count? Pretty much anything chocolate served in a restaurant - well, I'll eat it:)
Three make-up products I cannot live without:
-- Does dental floss count? I am a religious flosser:)
-- Lip gloss
-- Eyelash curler
Three things I'm looking forward to:
-- My 2-week European adventure in June!
-- The end of the school year and the beginning of summer!
-- My half-marathon on May 8th. Eek!
Three superpowers I wish I had:
-- Mind reading
-- The ability to fly
-- The ability to stop time
Three superpowers I wish I had:
-- Mind reading
-- The ability to fly
-- The ability to stop time
Three places I love to shop:
-- Urban Outfitters
-- H&M
-- Anything vintage!
Three pets I've had and their names:
--Just one! A yellow lab named Maggie!
--
--
Three bands I'd want to see on a festival line-up: (WARNING: This is super random!)
-- Feist
-- Toto (Don't judge - HUGE "Africa" fan over here!)
-- The Police
Three favourite comfort foods:
-- Tacos - preferably Taco Bell. Gross? Yes. But I have no shame.
-- Spaghetti and meatballs - with extra meatballs
-- Chips and salsa
Three songs currently on rotation: (Again, super random - these are coming from my running playlist)
-- "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" by Phil Collins
-- "Halo/Walking on Sunshine" by the Glee cast
-- "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley
(Note: My hubby is super proud to be married to me after this list, I'm sure.)
Three people I'm tagging:
-- Christy at 25 Before 25 - I just recently discovered her blog and love reading about her running adventures!-- Melissa at Waking in Wonderland - I love reading about her NYC adventures. What a doll!
-- Jenny over at absent minded - she is always so cheerful and positive!
And anyone else who wants to play!!!

After my 5K on Saturday morning, my friend Julie and I stumbled across a new cupcakery in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago - Phoebe's Cupcakes. It was certainly an adorable little bakery, with plenty of flavors to choose from. I selected the peanut-butter brownie cupcake below:

I have to admit - the frosting, while fantastic, was a little too soupy for me. The cake itself though was INCREDIBLE. I am starting to believe that the world's greatest cupcake has a brownie base:)
They also gave us a free sample of their breakfast cupcake: a pancake, maple syrup and BACON concoction:

While I agree that everything tastes better with bacon, I didn't care for this particular cupcake. The best part was actually the bacon itself. Odd flavor, eh?
Overall, I would definitely recommend a trip to Phoebe's, although I am still convinced that Swirlz in Chicago is MUCH better. My hubby said that Phoebe should stick to driving cabs and giving massages.
Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Thanks a lot - now I am TOTALLY craving Taco Bell. So gross but SO good! And I love their cinnamon twist things too!
ReplyDeleteI had completely forgotten about "My so-called life", I used to be glued to the TV just to watch Jared Leto, I even think I have the soundtrack somewhere. And I'm with you on Taco Bell, thank God we don't have that in Denmark, I would be twice my size if we did!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your best 5K time! Can I ask what it was:)?
ReplyDeleteThe first cupcake looks very yum, the second one...not so much yum!
P.S. Love love love Saved by the Bell!
i havent found any other bloggers who watch true blood! Its amazing!!
ReplyDeletexxx
am in total agreement about saved by the bell (not the college years or the new class)
ReplyDeleteso excited to hear about you've kicked the 1/2 marathon's ass on may 9th :)
NEVER feel shame for enjoying the yummy goodness that is taco bell :)
ReplyDeletehope you had a fun weekend! good job on your 5k.
i too have a shameful love for taco bell. and i'm mexican. i can't help it though. it's just so good!
ReplyDeletegolly the cupcake looks like my kind of flava!
BACON really?
I so enjoyed reading this and getting to know you a dash better. Welcome to Paris my dear! I went to Nice last October and it was wonderful too. See, if so inclined
ReplyDeletehttp://www.makinen.fr/susa/wordpress/2009/10/23/nice-is-nice/
I also love it when you review cupcakes... I suggest you keep it as a stable feature! It is so yummy to read. See... now you'll have to try more and more... blogging and your fans over here oblige;)
Being a golf caddy would be so much fun if you lived in a place with good weather....which I don't. Oh and you'll love Paris and Venice!
ReplyDeleteYay 5K! Congrats on the excellent time!
ReplyDeleteLet me just say that I am a tad envious of your upcoming vacation. Sounds like a dream come true!
*high fives* from another HUGE Africa fan! (It was our wedding song hehe!)
I love all that music too, totally not gonna lie, haha! And thanks so much for the tag, I'm gonna post this on my blog on Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 5K! Wonderful cupcake pics, too.
ReplyDeleteI need to visit Phoebe's next time I am in Lakeview! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteRICK ASTLEY. Just when I think I can't love you anymore....you bust that out. Never gonna let you down...and deserrrrrt you...
ReplyDeleteI think I could eat Mexican like every day. It's sick!
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a nice weekend (despite the rain). i loved reading your list. wish i had my so called life dvds to watch tonight!
ReplyDeleteI love chips and salsa, yummy and H&M and vintage clothing is the best, I totally agree!
ReplyDeleteI don't live in Chicago, but my whole family does - so I've made it a point to go to every cupcake place I see.
ReplyDeleteI liked Phoebe's, but I liked Swirlz a lot better - however, Molly's Cupcakes is my FAVORITE, hands down - I assume you've been there...if not, you should seriously drop everything and go now. They have board games to play, and a swing bar (as in, swings hanging from the ceiling you sit on, instead of bar stools...awesome!)
This is SO fun and as I was reading through it I was thinking how I want to do one... then low and behold I'm tagged! HOORAY! Thanks for that, going to totally follow-up on this one :)
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome girl!