3.25.2013

The Perfect Day

On Friday, spring break officially began at 1:00 p.m.  It couldn't have come at a better time, as lately, I've felt completely and utterly exhausted.  The constant cold winter (yes, winter) here in Chicago certainly doesn't help matters!  Regardless, I welcomed the break with open arms, and my first full day of the break (Saturday) was quite possibly one of the most perfect days I've had in a long time.

* The first thing on my agenda?  Sleep.  Granted, "sleeping in" for me is 7:00 a.m. but it felt great nonetheless.  When I woke up and saw that this Saturday in Chicago was particularly sunny, I was ready to start my day.


IMG_2241

* After a filling breakfast (it's amazing how sitting down and enjoying a meal can make a difference) and cleaning/organizing at home, I decided to do a double workout.  Since it was 35 degrees (practically balmy!), I decided to run the 3.6 miles to a barre class at Studio Fit Chicago in Lincoln Park.  The studio was clean and colorful, and the class itself?  KILLER.  The plank/push-up section seemed to last forever, and the arms section was intense!  Plus, since I was a new client, my class was FREE! 

* I decided to take my time walking down Armitage and enjoy the day.  Sunshine and bearable temperatures have been a rarity here in Chicago, so with nowhere in particular to be, I wandered into a few shops before spotting Red Mango.  OMG.  Fro-yo for lunch?


I'm not going to insult your intelligence, folks.  When I get fro-yo, there is probably more chocolate than fruit.  #sorrynotsorry

* I ended up sleeping off my double workout for a bit, and then got ready to visit some friends out in the 'burbs.  They just had their second child, and MAN!  Is she adorable!  My night was spent eating Lou Malnati's pizza and snuggling a tiny baby.  Perfection.

My day may seem simple, and perhaps boring to you, but it was just what I needed to ease into the break.  My mom and I head to NYC on Tuesday, so until then, I am perfectly content enjoying my time off...with more fro-yo, of course.

Are you on spring break?  How are you spending your time?

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I miss spring break! But it is nice to have the college in town on spring break, makes everything in town a little less crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! I'm so jealous of everyone who gets spring break. I think we need to make spring break a national holiday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring break is over for me. :( I have to go back today. BOOOOOO, but it felt good and I am ready to conquer a new week. I think. ;) Let's see if that works.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day!! I love that you put more chocolate than fruit on your fro yo. good work! Great picture of the city as well! :)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY SPRING BREAK! And OMG I want that froyo now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is SO cute! Love the colors and design...and your posts! What kind of camera do you use? I've been looking to get a DSLR...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Froyo looks amazingggg!! And I'm proud of you for that double workout! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is my kind of day! Sounds very similar to our day yesterday (dog park, brunch, grocery shopping, then lounging/cooking and baking). Easy going, no where to be or go or do :) Glad your spring break is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol this is my spring break week too and I woke up at 640 on Saturday!! Hahah! I'm feeling the same way - totally exhausted, so this spring break is all about relaxing!! Of course, when we go back we have a very long time before another day off, but I'm not gonna worry about that now! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like a perfect day! Especially the weather, Saturday was a great run day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I had a spring break, I would spend it resting and relaxing too! I don't blame you a bit :). Have a great time in NYC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's a sign of being in your 30s that you enjoy a peaceful day so much! I'm definitely looking forward to one of those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so lucky you get to go to New York again! what are doing there? if i had a spring break i would sleep sleep sleep!!! have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...