Monday: Low, messy chignon
I really loved this style, and I received several compliments on it at work. My only complaint (and this is my fault) was that it would have looked a lot better had my hair been thicker. While Kate does suggest hair texture powder, I did not have any.
Tuesday: Casual half-up
After two days, I found that my hair styled much better after I curled it, since I have no natural volume. The hair was secured with bobby pins and stayed all day. Oddly enough, my students seemed to love this one.
Wednesday: Side ponytail
This isn't from a tutorial, but I took the day off for appointments and errands. Therefore, I just threw it into a ponytail for running around the city.
Thursday: Double side twist
I purchased pins at Walgreens and followed the instructions the best I could. After taking this photo, I realized I had too much "scalp" showing, so those gaps were rectified!
Friday: EPIC FAIL
I tried several different styles, but my main focus was THIS one. When she said to "fold" the hair, I wasn't quite sure what that meant, so I gave up.
What I learned from all of this was that I can do without my "security blanket" of a headband and that I do feel confident with other styles. I also learned that it's probably in my best interest to invest in some quality hair products.
So, tell me - any volumizers/root lifters/etc you think I should try???
How do you normally style your hair?
How do you normally style your hair?
P.S. The winner of my FitnessGlo giveaway is Kate! Congrats, lady!
i loe the week of new hair :) inspired me to try and do something too instead of throwing it all up in a ponytail ha! xo
ReplyDeleteI need to try this out! I'm a messy bun or down and straight kinda girl. Every day. You look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteloved that you tried something new.
ReplyDeleteone tip i find is that ifyou can go a day without washing your hair, the oil and build up from the previous day will provide some bodya nd lift to any style that involves adding curls or clips.
I literally wear my hair down every single day so I think this is a great way to get out of the norm a little. I need to try it because there are so many things you can do with your hair to change it up a bit. You look great in all of the different 'dos!
ReplyDeletethese are so cute!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for branching out! I am a bun and headband girl too and make NO effort. I really need to!
ReplyDeleteLook at you, missy, being all creative and adventurous! You look great with each hairstyle!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your spirit!
I do good to straighten my hair. Borrrrring. Good for you, trying new things!
I love the styles! I should do something like this, I NEVER do anything with my hair. It's either down and messy or up and messy.
ReplyDeleteChloe
http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com/
I usually have mine up somehow...gotta have it out of my face. :( Messy bun, messy ponytail, or just on the side too - that's my favorite style this season. :0
ReplyDeleteI should change mine up, but I never do. Love all of these!
ReplyDeleteMy hair is so very very thin that I have big problems with too much scalp showing. I've found that for anything that is pinned up or back, roughing my hair up with dry shampoo helps quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteI loooooove Thursday's look with the double twists! And I cannot see any scalp in the picture! It's so cute and looks great on you.
ReplyDeleteI start out every day with my hair down & boring, and then within a couple hours it begins to annoy me and I put it into a ponytail and loop it through into a not cute "bun" of sorts. I SO need more variety.
I cannot believe your hair stayed pinned half back with only BOBBY PINS! That is amazing. I never use bobby pins cause they wouldn't hold a fraction of my hair. :( And as cute as headbands are, they give me a headache, so I don't ever wear them either.
Seriously, you're inspiring me to look into new hairstyles . . .
I have been using Dove's dry shampoo and I like it a lot. I used to wash my hair every single day and this has helped me transition to every other day or so.
I love Monday and Thursday's look! I am super lazy with my hair and always wear it straight and down, usually in a pony by nine am. I might have to try these out!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the Fitness Glo membership! I cannot wait to get my information and get going!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea- I wear my hair the same basically every day, straight and down. Sometimes if I'm running late I'll run out the door with wet hair and twist the front back and put my hair in a ponytail. I get a lot of compliments on those days. I think because I actually did something. LOL
I am TERRIBLE at styling my hair. I either straighten it, keeping it all down, or curl it, still keeping it down. And I only wear it up if I'm at work. So sad.
ReplyDeleteOkay I never style my hair anymore! I have literally style my bangs and then let it airdry and it just ends up wavy. I have gotten so lazy about it! lol
ReplyDeleteI like the twists on the side do. Cute!
I love Kate's blog!! She always has the cutest outfits and hair! I love the side swept style. Gorgeous! her headband is to die for.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I LOVED the double twist on you. It was cute! I don't think you had too much scalp.
I love that you tried all of these new hairstyles! I usually just wear my hair in a ponytail, sometimes I wear it down. I'm boring!
ReplyDelete