11.01.2012

Go for the Goal: October

Hi friends!  Can you believe it's time once again for our "Go For the Goal" link-up?  You can share your goals / progress / etc with us each and every month!  Also, don't foget to check out my co-hostesses, Meghan and Lori!


goal-1

Since most of my posts contain my original 2012 goals and progress, I thought I'd share some new goals I have for the month!

* Attack the core.


(I don't know who she is, but I found her abs on Pinterest.  I should clarify that this is NOT me, although I can see why you'd be confused, as my abs are nowhere near just like hers.  But, I DO own those shorts...)

My initial goal this fall was to get through my ZOOMA half-marathon, injury-free!  So far, I can say that I have achieved this goal.  Every now and then, I get a slight flare-up in my left leg, which tells me that I need to continue to develop my core strength.  I decided to take this week off of running to focus on my core and cross-training.  So far, I've hit up a Dailey Method class and did some spinning last night at Flywheel.

* Host an amazing "Friendsgiving" dinner.
 
Since our place is too small, my husband and I decided to host a little Thanksgiving dinner with a few friends at his studio.  Mike loves nothing more than to cook for a large group, so while he takes care of the bird, I am going to work on the place settings, decorations. etc.  I EVEN HAVE A PINTEREST BOARD with ideas, which means that I'll probably complete ZERO of them...

Like these Pilgrim-inspired place cards...









Or this banner....




 

* Book a trip to New York.  Again.



I know my timing on this one is off, but I've been thinking about a trip to NYC for weeks now.  I flipping LOVE this place, and despite the recent tragedies  handed to the east coast by Sandy, we all know that the Big Apple is a resilient, determined city.  

If you know me well, then you know that my obsession and visits are excessive.  Like, three times in the last year and a half.  I just can't help it.  I love the lights, the sounds, and yes, the smells.  I love the hustle and bustle, the millions of people, and the wide array of things to do and places to visit. This city is my happy place, and I know that many think it's a strange choice, but it's my choice.  

(On a more serious note, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this horrific event.  The damage caused by Sandy, all over the eastern seaboard, is devastating, and I'm still stunned by the stories I've heard and the images I've seen.  In the midst of so much chaos, I've also read about so much bravery, and I wish I could help in person.  However, there are many ways we can contribute.  If you want to help, check out this article - thanks Kristin!)


What are your goals?  Any progress you want to share?  Link up below!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. can I come to NY with you?!!? Seriously? K thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pilgrim place cards. Too cute.

    Yes, it's been devastating seeing what happened since I had lost power Monday ( I only saw yesterday ). I will be doing what I can to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How you feel about NYC is how I feel about Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are trying to plan a Christmas vacay to NYC next year! I have always wanted to see the decorations around that time. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friends Thanksgiving sounds fun! Seriously, what did we ever do without Pinterest?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New York again!? Take me with you already!

    And I love that you're hosting Thanksgiving. Iz and I are on our own this year so we need to figure out turkey since there is no way I'm cooking a whole bird for the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way about NYC. And I think people think it is odd since I live so close to Chicago, but Chicago is just not my city. I would love to chat with you about your NYC love sometime :)

    We are hosting our NYC friends for Thanksgiving the following Sunday! I need ideas! I don't use Pinterest, but picked up some decorations at the Dollar Spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shorts are my favorite shorts to run in. They're the best. I love the banner. I think you should definitely make the banner. I'm glad you've gotten through your main goal of going injury free through the ZOOMA training. Excited for you and all your upcoming races. Still jealous about the hot chocolate 15k.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to NY! How lame is that?
    I own the sports bra in the pic, so together we can work hard enough to make that outfit ;) awesome abs are on my wish list!
    Congrats on ZOOMA! I am with Megahn, I'd love to run the Hot Chocolate race!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome goals! I enjoy visiting NYC- but I couldn't live there, I think I'd have too many headaches. I've been asking for abs for awhile now, but they seem to be buried under my layers of flub. darn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw that abs photo and was like WHO IS THAT PERSON?! IS SHE REAL?!!!

    I bet your Friendsgiving is going to be an absolute blast! Those name cards are too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, abs. I'm unsure that I've ever had those.
    Pretty close though! Good luck! My trainer is always telling me to "use my core" and my core's all, "dude! why do you hate me?" Have fun! :)

    Also, thank you for the link! I was planning on donating blood this week, but it's nice to see the other options as well. I have friends that live in both NY and Jersey and their pictures are so disturbing. It makes me ache inside. I'm glad there's at least *something* we can do from here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the idea of a friendsgiving dinner!!

    you should totally come to new york when im there and meet up with me... right after christmas :)

    im sorry i am so behind on blogs and am just now getting around to commenting... like a week late.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...