11.12.2012

Weekend Randoms.

Life, in general, has been slightly hectic.  I feel like this is the case for many, especially this time of year. From work to travel to squeezing in workouts, my blogging time has been limited to 4:30 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.

So basically, it's nonexistent at this point.

I suppose this is also due to the fact that my weekends have been filled to the brim with activities.  At least it's given me something to blog about, right?

Case in point?  This past weekend.

Friday:

Friday was the first day in a LONG time that I've actually gotten home during daylight hours.  Since the weather has been so finicky lately here in Chicago, I've been utilizing my building's treadmill.  I've decided to focus primarily on interval and strength training, and while I'm usually pretty sore, it feels good to get stronger.

I have been loving this workout, as well as classes at Power Sculpt Fitness.


IMG_1821


I also met my friend Stephanie for dinner at Paris Club.  Of course, I took ZERO photos, but I loved the food and ambience, and would definitely return!

Saturday:

My usual Saturday routine consists of a workout, cleaning, laundry, groceries, etc.  This Saturday was certainly no exception.  Oh!  After my Power Sculpt class, I was smacked on the ass by a small girl who thought I was her mother.  And then said, "You're really sweaty, mommy."  

Umm.  Thanks.

I also spent part of my afternoon putting together THIS salad recipe for a dinner party.  And here is why I am a total blogger failure:

I CAN EVEN MESS UP A SALAD.  FAIL.  

My salad dressing was so potent, it could have passed as a cleaning product.  And when recipes call for "cranberries", they typically don't mean "cranberry sauce in a jar".  Oy.

However, Saturday evening brought a lovely dinner with our old neighbors, and I found that playing a game of "Shark" with an almost 4-year old can brighten anyone's day.

Sunday:

I started with a run along the lakefront path, where I ran into some pretty unique art sculptures and THIS girl along the way.


IMG_1827

From there, I met up with my dear girlfriends for brunch at Rockit, where I realized that when we're together, we're basically a bunch of dudes.  We trekked out to the 'burbs to see our friend's Julie's play (she was the director), and MAN, do we have fun trapped in a car together for hours on end.

Side note:  These are the same ladies coming to Vegas next weekend with myself and my siblings.  It's going to be epic.


How was your weekend, folks?


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. HA! Your salad story made me giggle. I mess up salads, too..you're not alone!! I'm so jealous of your life in Chi-town!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That running sequence looks really do-able! Miiiiight have to keep that around and try it out sometime :-)

    And Vegas???! Omigosh. Cannot wait for that recap; I love that city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a kitchen fail this weekend too! It ended up with a pastry bag of icing exploding and shooting icing everywhere. So glad i'm not a food blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy busy! But you do some really cool activities and go to places I've never heard of (that sound super cute) in the city.

    We must meet up for a run sometime. I was actually meeting Emily for a run Sunday morning and told her I saw you. Kept thinking we would see you on the return trip but you must have taken a different route than us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it awesome to have such great weather? I'm super sad we're supposed to get snow tonight. Tear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betcha you're not the only one that can screw up salad. I'd probably be right there with you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one busy woman, but I'm glad you still find the time to workout and appreciate life's little moments. I'm so happy to be back to working out again. I'm feeling more like myself again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...