11.29.2012

"Hot for the Holidays" Challenge: Week One

Whew!  Ladies and gents, after one week of this challenge, I am sore.  My hair even hurts.  However, I am pretty happy overall with my progress!

The basic premise of the Barre Bee Fit "HOT for the Holidays" challenge is to maintain fitness while staying healthy, optimistic and thankful through this crazy holiday season.  The challenge kicked off on Thanksgiving, and in addition to the fitness component, there is a fun Instagram challenge.  (P.S.  Are we friends on Instagram???)


I started by posting my goals - what I hope to achieve between now and New Years!



IMG_1873


Well, here's how I'm doing so far!

FITNESS COMPONENT:

I've been trying to incorporate more strength training into my routine, and I have to say that I am STILL  sore!





(My apologies to the tech savvy out there - this was my first attempt at embedding a chart...)


The temps are COLD here in the Windy City, and you can definitely see that from my recap above.  There have been many more treadmill workouts, and as such, shorter distances.  But since I am not training for any races, I decided to add more interval workouts in the hopes of increasing both stamina and speed.

Also, I've really enjoyed trying out new Barre Bee Fit classes. That Friday Bardio Interval class left me sore for DAYS, but  the Baryasa Strech and Barre Burn classes were a great way to recover.  I plan on writing a separate post about all of the different classes offered, but I am having so much fun trying new things.

INSTAGRAM:

Day 1 of the Instagram challenge was the photo I posted of my goals.  Each day, from fitness to friends and family, Barre Bee Fit has us posting a new photo, and I LOVE the topics so far!

IMG_1951


IMG_1952

IMG_1956



2.) Someone I am thankful for (My husband)
3.) My workout of the day (Saturday's treadmill workout)
4.) A healthy lunch (my kale/brown rice bowl)
5.) Something beautiful I saw (A bench in Chicago)
6.) A place I am thankful for (Chicago)
7.) Something new I tried today (Barre Burn class at Barre Bee Fit)

As for the other items (drinking water, writing in my journal), I think I'm doing a pretty good job with the water, but definitely need to take advantage of the gratitude journal app on my phone!



(Speaking of goals...the monthly "Go for the Goal" linkup that I co-host is live on MONDAY, DECEMBER 3rd!  Come share your goals / progress / etc!)

Thanks for  letting me share.  I hope you are having a great week!  Feel free to jump in on this challenge if you'd like!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. i love the idea of a gratitude journal i think i will make one too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl! That's awesome! You are rocking it :) I'm off to Chicago this afternoon. Hoping you can meet us for lunch/coffee on Saturday?! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck lady! My only goal is to figure out Christmas presents for my parents... which is way harder than it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun challenge! You're doing a great job. What an insane week you had last week! You go girl! And nice job on the water. I need to be better about writing things down in my journal too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...