I'll be honest. On Friday morning, I was already feeling anxiety about the chaos of my weekend. Yet, it was wonderful, and somehow, very relaxing.
Friday:
I worked a little later than normal, but was excited to head back to the city and meet up with some lovely ladies for dinner at Allium in the Four Seasons Hotel. Neely was in town, and Julie and Sally (my "IRL" friends) joined us for a fun girls night!
I worked a little later than normal, but was excited to head back to the city and meet up with some lovely ladies for dinner at Allium in the Four Seasons Hotel. Neely was in town, and Julie and Sally (my "IRL" friends) joined us for a fun girls night!
(Girls night done right.)
Saturday:
I like to think that I've tried every single fitness class / studio within the Chicago city limits, but I recently stumbled across Power Sculpt Fitness on Lincoln. Not only is the first class FREE, but I also purchased the "new member" deal: six classes for $40.
Oh.Em.Gee. I attended the "Signature" class, which consisted of sixty minutes of the following:
Squats. Lunges. Weights. Squats. Push-ups. Planks. More Weights. Resistance Bands. More squats. More squats. Core. Core. Push-ups. KILL ME NOW.
I was dripping in sweat when I left, and today, as I type this, my abs are screaming. Well played, Power Sculpt. Well played.
From there, I hopped in the car and made my way to Indiana for my adorable godson's 2nd birthday party. Isn't he a doll? (This photo is actually from his first birthday. He's still just as cute this year.)
Sunday:
I started the morning with the Hot Chocolate 15K, and then met my husband for a quick breakfast after.
I finished in 1:24:10, and as you can see from above, my Garmin was a little off in terms of distance. However, this time still translated to 9:02 minutes/mile, so I was pretty happy!
After the race, my husband and I attended a BYOB painting class sponsored by Dabble at One Strange Bird on North Ave. A more in-depth post is on its way, but until then, I'll leave you with my creation:

That bird went through several transformations. For the majority of the class, he looked like George Washington. Then, a polar bear. I have never painted in my life, and was terrified for about 50% of the class. BUT, I do think this will serve as an excellent Christmas gift...
What did YOU do this weekend?

We really just relaxed most of this weekend.
ReplyDeletePerfect drink photo. Is it bad that it's 8:30 a.m. on Monday and I could already go for one?
ReplyDeleteFound you through the link up!
I RELAXED this weekend. And yet I'm so tired today! Daylight savings hangover maybe?
ReplyDeleteThis weekend I went to Houston to do some shopping...it was a lot of fun!! A 9 minute mile is amazing! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower from the Weekend Update blog hop. I can't wait to read more of your blog.
Dani
http://footballandrainbows.blogspot.com/
Whoa that class does sound intense and you ran the next day?! You are a super star!
ReplyDeleteLike practically everyone else in Chicago (or so it seemed) I was also at the Hot Chocolate. I ran the 15k in 1:34 - pretty happy with that since it was my first race.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend! I can't believe you did that insane class then ran a 15K, I can barely make it a mile! New Follower from the linkup!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog. I drool over your motivation to exercise and stay fit. I say I want to do it. And yet I never can find the right time or motivation to get started. Rinse and repeat.
ReplyDeleteIn other words, you're my fitness idol!
yum that drink on friday night looks yummy! what is the name of it and what is in it? i love the name of the race is called hot chocolate 15k! your time is great
ReplyDeleteFrom the sounds of it, that power sculpt class is exactly what I need to kick myself into gear. I really need to check out something like that... my discipline with weights is horrific.
ReplyDeleteAwww, for some reason, I'm not able to see your creation! Eager to hear more about it. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you ran that far, that fast! So impressive and inspiring!
Looks like you had a great weekend! I'm glad you had a successful run! I seriously can't wait to hit the pavement again now that I'm in PT and pain-free :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great weekend! Congratulations on your 15K time, that's great!
ReplyDelete