However, in the midst of some self-reflection, I'm planning on filling my days with the things, and people, that I love. What I am looking forward to?
* Kicking the summer off with a trip to NYC! (I know, I know. My obsession continues. Shocker.)
Source: Uploaded by user via Cristina on Pinterest
* FINALLY being able to RUN. RUNNING LONG. AND FAST. Y'all, I am about to begin week #5 of my 6-week, doctor-ordered running hiatus. I am going to start slowly, of course, but I hope to run a few half-marathons in June and July - and hopefully break 2:00 in the process!
Source: sweetseas.blogspot.com via Gidget on Pinterest
(Maybe I should also work on getting her abs over the summer...)
* Quiet mornings on the balcony with coffee and my laptop. Since I won't be working, I am hoping to have lots of time to make some major changes here on the blog (the Wordpress site looks awesome!) and catch up with everyone on a more consistent basis.
Source: bforbonnie.wordpress.com via Yelena on Pinterest
(Obviously, this is not me. But I can tell she has great style.)
* Read, read and READ. My book list has grown exponentially and I am excited to dive in. First up? The super sultry "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy.
Source: shannoneileenblog.typepad.com via Ni Hao on Pinterest
* Lunch dates with my ladies. Many of my friends work in the "Loop", as we call it here in Chicago, and it will be nice to meet them on their lunch breaks, a la Carrie Bradshaw and company.
Source: tinywhitedaisies.tumblr.com via Elizabeth on Pinterest
(If I was REALLY ambitious, I would cook a meal in a setting like this. With an apron. And pearls.)
* Visit museums. I love the culture and history Chicago has to offer, and when I'm not working, I do love to wander the exhibits by myself.
Source: arane.tumblr.com via Catherine on Pinterest
What do you have planned for the summer? I realize mine seems really quiet, and perhaps a bit boring, to some of you, but I like to think that I work hard 9 months out of the year and deserve a little slowness. The countdown begins!






Your life sounds fabulous to me!
ReplyDeleteUmmmm can I have a summer vacation again, please? I would really appreciate it! As for our visit in NYC, I can't wait. And as for summer plans, I'm hoping to take an actual vacation here or there, get tan, enjoy the sunshine, grill a lot, and of course go running and rollerblading!
ReplyDeleteI am SO jealous. My only goal is to find a new job so I can get away from Perkins!
ReplyDeleteLove your summer plans!
ReplyDeleteI only work one month in the summer, I am a 10-month employee so I have a lot of free time which is nice!
We plan on running a lot (coming to Chicago in July), going to Maine to visit my parents and I hope to also make the switch to self-hosted!
your summer sounds PERFECT! i love that you are focussing on rest, relaxation and rejeuvenation with friends and the people you love.
ReplyDeletethe fifty shades trilogy is so fun! i finished it this weekend and am having a hard time deciding what book could possibly follow it up. i settled for a sophie kinsella book but i am still hungry for more fifty...
I am seriously in the wrong profession. Every year, around this time, I start getting crazy jealous of teachers. Le sigh.
ReplyDeleteOh man--this all looks blissful! I've always worked over the summers (doing curriculum development & stuff for my nonprofit), but still, working from home leisurely (and not 8 hours a day by any means) is SUCH an amazing break from the school year crazies. But this summer will likely be even crazier for me, given my two jobs. I'll be done with the teaching job by the end of July (I'm doing a summer thing for them, and then I'm officially done!) and then 100% with Voice of Witness, which I'm really looking forward to. But this balancing act in the meantime is hard work!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you--you deserve a break! And OMG I cannot wait to read 50 Shades of Grey. Everyone's talking about it!!!
I wouldn't mind have that long a summer break...3 weeks is all I can get my hands on, of which one week will be spent in Edinburgh, Scotland, and I can't wait:)
ReplyDeleteOH man this is when I wish I was a teacher, my sister is a teacher too and I am so envious of her summers off! Looks like you have a lot of fun things planned and alot of relaxing happening!
ReplyDeleteIf I could handle being a teach I so would. I'd LOVE to have the summers off!
ReplyDeletei just finished 50 Shades in a flash!! I wanna read the other two.
ReplyDeletesounds like you have your Summer all planned out! and it sounds like its going to be a wonderful fun Summer! As for me, my Summer includes a baby and new adventures in motherhood!
ReplyDeleteNumber 1 HOLLER!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHopefully we'll spending lots of time outdoors this summer since Jay's big enough to be fun outside and can actually be active enough to cool off in the heat (ie: splash around in a pool, play at parks, etc). We're also planning on visiting Shedd Aquarium on one of the free Illinois resident days in June and we're planning on taking at least a day trip up to Madison to visit the free zoo and Ella's Deli (maybe we'll go more than once!). We're also going to try and take him to over to Union, IL for the Day Out With Thomas events they have in August - kid LOVES Thomas, I can't wait to see his face when he sees a life-sized Thomas in person as well as Sir Topumhat!
ReplyDeleteOooh and Conan's coming to the Chicago Theater in June too! I signed up for the online ticket lottery, so hopefully we'll get lucky and go to that too!
I think your summer plans sound fantastic! I would totally do all of that (in NYC) if I had the summer off. My husband's a teacher too, so I guess I'm a bit jealous. ;-) At least there's always the weekends!
ReplyDeleteYour plans sound awesome. I love that you don't mind going to museums alone, or just because. I have been to the Art Institute a million times. I usually go there or Pritzker on my days off. I love the Medal of Honor talks at the Pritzker library. Such amazing people you get to meet!
ReplyDeleteYour summer sounds amazing! I'm really looking forward to a more balanced work week where I can see my clients during the day when they won't be missing school, so maybe I won't have to work til 6 or 7! It's the little things haha
ReplyDeleteYour summer plans sound perfect! The only thing I would add would be a pool or beach. My bf is a teacher, and his summers are all about lounging at the beach or playing video games. Seriously. Your plans are much more enticing!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping many of these things are on my list. I'm kicking off the summer with a trip! I'm also hoping to spend lots of time on my porch with my laptop, coffee, and books. I just hope the summer heat doesn't kill me. Oh and training for my triathlon. If there is one thing I love about teaching, it is the breaks.
ReplyDeleteI'm on the second Fifty Shades book. So dirty and so good!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you've got an awesome summer all planned out! I'm hoping to visit Chicago again this summer!
ReplyDelete