4.02.2012

Go For the Goal: March Progress

Well, friends, it's back to work for me today!  Wish me luck as I venture back after a much-needed week of rest.  Adios, spring break!


G0 For The Goal





Welcome to the March Progress edition of "Go For the Goal".  I have to admit that I have been dreading this post, and many of you know why.  Due to injury, I have had to put my major goal of running a sub-2:00 half-marathon on hold.  I suppose that DOES mean that my goal of taking rest days when I need them is off the charts!  HA!  However, I DID have another goal of incorporating more cross-training into the mix, and I suppose that I've had no choice.  Here's what I've done...

As much as I love Flywheel for my spinning, I knew that I couldn't afford to spend $25/class, several times a week, for six weeks.  That would just be insane, in my opinion.  So, my husband (ever the researcher) crunched some numbers and suggested I join a month-to-month gym.  This way, I could cancel when I felt better, and I had unlimited spinning, yoga and strength classes at my disposal for $35/month.

Perfection.  I could totally be a gym rat again!  Or, did I mean GYM CAT???  (That was for you, Christy.)




Source: dictoot.com via Nancy on Pinterest



To say that I've taken advantage of this opportunity is probably an understatement.  See what happens when I can't run, people???  I overdose on classes!  HELP!

Monday: Barre Burn class at Indigo Studio (I still have a Groupon deal here and a few more classes left.  When broken down, this class was $4!  BOOYAH!)

Tuesday: Spin Class at Flywheel (My last one for awhile...sads)

Wednesday: Yoga/Pilates combo class at gym,  plus 30 minutes of abs/strength

Thursday: 90 minutes of cycling / swimming laps in the morning & Bar Method class in the evening (It's ok.  I know I have a problem.  The first step is admitting it.  Plus, I am on spring break with entirely too much time on my hands.)

Friday: REST

Saturday: Zumba & Arms/Abs/ASSets class at Indigo Studio (Note:  Zumba is SO not for me.  And what is with these women who flirt with themselves in the mirror?)

Sunday: 45 minutes of cycling at the gym, plus 30 minutes of abs/circuit training



Don't worry.  I promise I won't turn into this girl...




Honestly, my other goals seem to be right on track - minus the cooking.  Oops.  Perhaps that should be my focus for the next post.   What can I say?  Cooking is NOT my cardio.


How are your goals coming along?  Feel free to link up below!


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I love that you take so many classes! I have heard awesome things about Flywheel. It is too bad it's so $$$! I thought I saw a Groupon or something for them awhile ago, but I wonder if even that was a deal!

    Gym Cat, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy man, I wish I had half the energy you do for taking classes! BUT Boyfriend just moved into a place with an indoor pool and workout area. I think I may need to take advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im considering re joining my old gym....or going to like a big gym which is so not my thing...you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to get back into the gym!! I'm jealous of all the classes you go to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - good for you for trying so many classes! I've been very lax about going to the gym lately but hope to get back into a routine next week. I like my zumba class, but I like the more "dancey" workouts anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a gym membership, and i am always afraid to go into the classes for fear of embarrassing myself! i HAVE to get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just can't rest can you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing great! I love that you try so many classes, I really need to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture with your cat is hilarious! Thanks so much for commenting on my GNO wine tasting. It was so much fun!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you with your workout schedule!! I love group classes as a supplement to running--mixes things up and makes both seem more fun to me!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is exhausting just to read. Awesome, but exhausting. I'm actually inspired just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you've been doing awesome!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you are staying active. I miss running soooo much! I tried to go the other day for 3 miles but my leg acted up again. Not sure what I have - pretty sure that I have tendentious and at some point need to go to the Dr. Anywho, I've been a gym rat too but haven't been able to go lately because of the leg. Gah!! Will ice it and hope to get back to the gym soon or I'll go crazy. Glad you are having fun at the gym lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...