Clearly, this is not the case. (While I am not quite ready to blog about my "trying to conceive" journey yet, you can probably tell that it has been unsuccessful and difficult.)
I don't tell you this so you can feel sorry for me. Because I do not feel sorry for myself. My husband and I adore our little apartment in the middle of one of the greatest cities in the world, and instead of scouring the internet for deals on a crib, we are planning several trips over the next six months. Life is good, y'all. But sometimes, life doesn't always turn out the way we planned. Pardon my language, but shit happens. And how we decide to deal with these changes is UP TO US.
Last week, I started reading Kelle Hampton's book, Bloom. For those of you who don't know Kelle, she is a blogger, mother and photographer who has two beautiful daughters. When her second daughter Nella was born, Kelle knew instantly that something was wrong, despite a perfect pregnancy. You see, Nella was born with Down syndrome. Bloom is all about Kelle's journey of acceptance and love. Kelle has chosen to find the beauty in a difficult situation, and I am blessed that she has chosen to share this journey with the world. This book has changed my perspective on so many things, and I am forever grateful.
For example...
I COULD whine about how I owed a massive amount of money for my yearly taxes, or I could be grateful that I have the money to begin with.
I COULD choose to whine about having a slow internet speed, or I could realize that not everybody is typing blog posts on a beautiful Macbook Air.
I COULD cry over not being able to run for six weeks, or I could be grateful that I can run at all.
It's time to change my perspective. And I'm ready.
Source: google.com via Jill on Pinterest


I think I love you, this such a great post. I always try to do this but some days are harder than others... I do think that you have to accept the bad things to truly appreciate the good things though and without the bad there would be no perspective to have at all. Keep positive Meghan x
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful post Meghan!!! I'm not sure if you are religious, but there is a plan for you, trust me. I know that the journey you are on is difficult because I walked that road myself. Just keep positive!! Life is good!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Meghan! I read Bloom last week and cried the entire book. Her honesty was so refreshing!
ReplyDeleteThat being said...you are so right. It's easy to fall in to the woe is me state of mind and much harder to celebrate the other victories in our lives. It will all work itself out in the end, promise. <3
Great post, girl! I too can easily forget how good life really is! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! I think it's great that you are taking a situation that could easily make you depressed and turn it into something very positive. Just like one of the above commenters said, there is a plan for you :)
ReplyDeleteThis was a lovely post. It is always all about perspective. Good luck to you and yours. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love this post Meghan! It really is all about perspective. I know there are hard days but I feel so blessed in my life!
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time with having a positive perspective sometimes. I'm a glass half empty kind of girl, I guess.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you're choosing to be positive and I AM a big believer that things happen when they're supposed to. They'll happen for you when the time is right.
I'm so proud of you for taking the high road in all these blips and bumps! I'm sorry that things haven't been going to your plan, but there's a reason :)
ReplyDeleteThis is good for all of to remember! Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteFyi - if you ever do want a forum to complain to, my weekly first world problems post is ALWAYS open to guest problems. (because i assure you, i will be whinging about taxes this week) It's refreshing to see people with a great perspective!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Meghan =)
ReplyDeleteLooking at things in another perspective makes you realise that you're doing pretty good after all. I love the first poster, that really puts things into perspective:)
ReplyDeleteAmen sister. I love that poster. It really makes you think about all you have to be thankful for.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I love your positive perspective!
ReplyDeleteYou are a great person, so I know great things are going to happen for you :) It just isn't going to be how you thought it was going to be, which is going to make it even more exciting.
Yep...it feels good to know that I'm not the only one trying/having to change my perspective. I'm finding that unfortunately, I'm a pretty negative person at my core. Having a job I don't love it grinding at my ability to change my perspective. But I suppose things can't change overnight...
ReplyDeleteGood luck :) You're on the right track!
great post! i need this today. :)
ReplyDelete*needed gah!
ReplyDeleteMeg, Great post! I have to read that book. Sometimes God's plan for us is on a different timeline than we'd like. Trust me, I know this! Love, Lisa J
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous post :). We all need to have the glass half full approach when looking at our lives!
ReplyDeleteYou and I have talked about this before so you know how I feel. You have an amazing attitude and you and Mikey are far too awesome for good things to not happen for you. Love you like woah!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I desperately needed it today. Your amazing attitude is something that I wish I had right now. Thanks!!!
ReplyDeletePositivity gets you everywhere.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post. I know it's hard to fake positivity some days, but even on days you gotta fake it I think it's still easier than letting yourself get down. Rooting for you!! <3 <3
ReplyDeletePlain and simple? YOU ROCK, Meghan! What a wonderful post-- sending a big ol' huge smile your way :-D
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post! It's easy to look at the negative things, and a lot harder to realize the positive. Thanks for reminding me to be thankful :)
ReplyDeleteI need this post, a lot of times. I'm awful about complaining about my life when others have it so much more worse. Thanks for the smack in the face, friend :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post and I really applaud you for taking the time to tell us like it is. No boundaries. There is nothing that I hate more that people prying into my personal life and asking me questions about things that you don't want them to know (ie my baby plans). I really respect your perspective on this -- life is good. No really, it's good. :)
ReplyDeleteThis was such a good post, I totally agree and people lose perspective WAY to often. I want to check out Bloom.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Meghan! What fun trips do you two have planned?
ReplyDeleteWe all need a kick in the pants from time to time to be thankful for what we have. Positive thinking can and will bring about great things. :)
ReplyDeletethis is such a great post, meghan! i love your honesty... i think we can all get something from kelle's book {im reading it this week}... it has changed my perspective on my ever frustrating job search. basically, life doesn't go as planned... and you have to just roll with the punches. and she's so right saying that it will make you grow and realize the beauty of life.
ReplyDeleteI write posts sometimes like this, where I COULD complain, but don't. Because really, what's the point? There are SO MANY PEOPLE that have it worse than us. Kudos to you for remembering that!! You wrote this post beautifully.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the ttc issue. Trust me in that you're not alone.
What an amazing post, Megan! I know I need to remember these same kinds of things from time to time. Sometimes I start complaining about something and then have one of those moments where I stop and think, "Really? You're complaining about THAT? Put it in perspective!"
ReplyDeleteI am only twenty-two-years-old, and I've already experienced a handful of life events which I deemed absolutely terrible and life-ruining that ended up being exactly what was supposed to happen for amazing things to fall into place.
There always seems to be so bigger plan! :)
Thinking of you, Megan!! <3
I just put that book on my Amazon wish list! Thanks for the recommendation!
ReplyDeleteI definitely needed to read that first pin today. I think it's great that you're embracing life and living in the moment instead of what if.
ReplyDeletehallelujah meghan! i think in a society where MORE is an option we forget how little we really need. amazing reminder that perspective is free and accessible within us all!
ReplyDelete