4.03.2012

Dirty. Like Christina. Only Better.

If you know me well, you know that I am a total neat freak.  I love everything in its proper place and when it comes to personal cleanliness, I shower several times a day (a MUST if you workout as much as I do).  So, when I received the opportunity to get "down and dirty" in Indianapolis on May 12th, I was a bit apprehensive.  I love to run, but in the MUD?  Hmm.  And then I checked out the website...






Ya'll.  This is going to be INSANE.  Yes, Meghan the Neat Freak  is participating in the Dirty Girl Mud Run in Indianapolis, and while I might be slightly terrified of getting dirty, I am going to embrace it!  You only live once, right?  Besides, I have plenty of old running clothes I can ruin in the process.


Here is what I love about it.  The people behind Dirty Girl are all about fun - I mean, how could they not be with a name like that??? This race is for anyone and everyone - it doesn't matter what your fitness level is.  EVERYONE is going to be having a ball, rolling throughout the 5K mud obstacle course.  And while I guarantee that I will be tripping all over myself when I have to navigate the tires, I will be surrounded by women doing the same thing.  I think so often, we runners get caught up in personal records and training that sometimes, we need to take a step back (see what I did there?) and do something for fun, NOT for time.

Plus, they have a clean-up area.  And beverages after the race.   Priorities, people...


Anyway, if you're looking to do something outside the box, come to Indy with me and check it out!  This will most likely be my first race, post-injury! Or, you can sign up in a city closer to you if you don't feel like driving or flying to see my pretty face:)


(P.S. How much do you want to bet that I am going to completely wear out the "Dirty like Christina Aguilera" references between now and May 12th?)


Embrace the mud, ladies!  Let's do this!


P.S.  If you want to learn more, there will be a Twitter chat on Thursday, 4/5 at 8:00 p.m. CST.  Just follow #GoDirtyGirl.

FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I wish I would be in shape enough to do this! Maybe next year, I know they have some local stuff like this too. Hopefully by the time our races come around I will be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coworkers did something like this and it looked like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, this looks like so much fun!!! I wish they had something like this coming up in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got roped into this by a coworker (the chicago one)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were a runner, I'd totally travel to come see you and run this. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fun! I'm doing the Warrior Dash in June which is very similar. Did it last year too and was by far my favorite race! You'll have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, this sounds AMAZING! I am going to see if my roommates want to travel to Indy and do it with me! It's only about a 90 minute/two hour drive from Cincinnati! Very doable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO checking this out! I have wanted to do a mud run for the last couple of years and the dates never seem to work out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like so much fun!!! Try to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE this!!! i am so glad you decided to sign up and embrace the dirty girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like fun! i really want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so not dirty!! but clumsy, yes, yes i am that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just say that I laughed out loud at your title to the post! Dude those mud runs are no joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG how fun! I secretly save old running shoes in hopes that one day I'll do one of these...they're never at the right time (I've been invited to two this month alone!) and had conflicts each day. :-( GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these type of races! You will too! You are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey sweet that sounds like a blast - I've always wanted to do either a mud run or the new color run that is out. Lately though my injury from two years ago has been bugging me though. :( I can't run. SO I'll live vicariously through you! I know you will have a blast!!

    Hope you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great time!! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...