4.26.2012

My Top 5 TV Twins.

If you've been a reader of The Perfect Compilation Tape for awhile, you might remember that I used to have a weekly "Top 5 Thursday" link-up.  A few people My friend Kevin suggested that I bring it back (it died a slow, painful death), but since I have a topic that I am super excited about, I am going to resurrect it to share with you...


My Top 5 TV Twins


I watch enough TV to know and love many characters, and find that I identify with quite a few.   I'm sure you are the same way.  I bet you watch shows, and think, "OMG.  That is my life."  Like, when I watch medical shows, the thought crosses my mind that I'd make an excellent neurosurgeon. Perhaps you don't have these thoughts, and you think I'm off my rocker.  Like some of these ladies...


5.) Carrie Bradshaw / Charlotte York-Goldenblatt




(So, I have never said that to anyone, but I DO make that face quite often...)






I know it's super cliche, but every woman my age has taken the "Which SATC character are you?" quiz at some point.  And I am ALWAYS split down the middle between these two!  I like to think that I have the passion of Carrie and the innocence of Charlotte.


4.)  Ally McBeal






I may not have visions of dancing babies, but I DO love to dance in the aisle while I grocery shop.  And I like to think that women can be strong AND vulnerable at the same time.  


3.)  Monica Geller


Source: google.com via Rachel on Pinterest




Monica never met a cleaning product she didn't love, and I feel the exact same way.  Some people love the smell of napalm in the morning (name that movie).  I love the smell of bleach.   She's neurotic as hell, and I can definitely identify.


2.)  Liz Lemon


Source: goo.gl via Reita on Pinterest






Like Liz, I am often concerned about my next meal.  I love cheese.  And I often feel awkward in many situations.  


1.) JESS!






She's a teacher.  I'm a teacher.  She says random shit.  I say random shit.  She has great style.  I have great style (humor me here).  She lives with three guys.  I live with one guy (who has the messiness of three)!   Thanks to Jess, I often want to say things like,


"This is so amazing, I want to punch you."


Oh, and also, I decided it would be fun to ask my friends what they thought, since they know me in real life, as they say.  The responses?


* "Grace from 'Will & Grace' or Lorelai Gilmore from 'Gilmore Girls', minus the 16 & pregnant part." 


* "For me, high school Meghan was a mix between Kelly Kapowski & Jessie Spano from 'Saved by the Bell'.  Adult Meghan = some of Monica Geller-Bing, but I'm not exactly sold on that." 


* "The blonde chick on Happy Endings who is married to the black dude.  Or Monica from Friends." 


* "Kristin Wiig.  Her SNL characters and Bridesmaids."  (I actually get this one a lot.  Apparently, I sound like her.)


* "Lily from How I Met Your Mother"


And, my personal favorite:  "There is no one character.  You are 40% Jess from New Girl, 25% Liz Lemon, 20% Gloria from All In the Family, and 15% Lucy Ricardo."  


What about you?  Who do you identify with???

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I'm twins with Charlotte and with Monica, for sure. Not sure who else though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same, totally split between Carrie and Charlotte. I also think I'm a lot like Monica and I love that I have the kind of relationship with Izzy that Monica has with Chandler.

    I've never actually understood why everyone loved Ross and Rachel so much... I hated their relationship. Monica and Chandler are the ones I'd aspire to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a split with Carrie & Charlotte. But my absolute top twin is got to be Jess also. Other than the teacher part really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love Jess! She is too cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd totally be Charlotte and Monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one awesome post!!! Kinda missed it. :) I'm so Charlotte...it's ridiculous! I can be sometimes Monica but I'm very definitely Ally...always have been, always will be...minus the vision, too.
    I'm not yet Jess, even though I say random shit too...but people often tell me I'm Charlotte and Ally (unless they don't know her so they describe it to me, and then I'm like "oh, that's Ally McBeal!").

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot, first comment! Fun post. I've been told I can be like Lorelai (love everything about her) and that I'm Kimmy Gibbler (heard it since 7th grade, so I embrace it now: "Hola, Tanneritos!").

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all of this! i like to think I am like Liz Lemon since i love food so much and say crazy things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! Perfect way to bring back the top 5. :) I loved reading about your tv twins!

    I've taken the SATC many a time, and I usually get Samantha. Ha!

    I think I'm most like Izzy from Grey's Anatomy. Passionate, fiery, emotional, but pretty tough, ultimately. I've always identified with her. I'm not sure who else, but I'll definitely be thinking on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Jess and well New Girl in general! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooh!! i would totally be liz lemon! And maybe a little bit of Cam from modern family. (i tend to be a drama queen) :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apocalypse Now.

    Um, I don't really identify with a tv character. Maybe Monk. How sad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this list, and I LOVE Jess. She cracks me up. =)

    Happy Sunday, dear!

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I have no idea who I am TV Twins with!! Now I have to think about this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with this!!! I'm Liz Lemon for sure. I resemble her physically first of all, but I've definitely been known to say a Liz Lemonism more than once in my day!

    I can't figure out who I'd be on SATC! I don't fit any of them perfectly at all and it drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Friends and SATC so much. I definitely relate to Carrie. And I adore Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love SATC! I mean who didn't?! I'd have to say that I always identify with the girls from Gilmore Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...