4.11.2012

Athleta Comes to Chicago!

When I was invited to attend the pre-opening shopping event at the new Athleta location in Chicago, I JUMPED at the chance.  I really didn't know much about the company until my dear mother-in-law introduced me to the amazingness that is Athleta apparel.

Since my girlfriends were unavailable to attend, I dragged my poor husband along, who lasted all of ten minutes in the store:)  We had to wait in line for a few minutes, and as we froze our asses off enjoyed the evening chill,  it hit me that the Athleta store, which is located in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood, is really in a  PRIME location on Southport, only steps from public transportation!


IMG_6411


Once we got inside, I decided to take a step back and survey the different sections before heading directly to the running apparel.   What surprised me the most was that Athleta is more than just athletic apparel - it's about the "complete woman".  From swimsuits to dresses to travel clothes (I wish I had known about Athleta before heading to Europe), I was amazed at how diverse the selection was.


IMG_6413

(See?  Even dudes love Athleta.)

I tried on at least six items, and I have to say that I honestly loved EVERYTHING.  I have also become a believer in running skirts, btw.  I ended up purchasing this top (the Dash Drop tank) in blue, as well as the Relay Capris in gray.  

Dash Drop Top_Orange


If my bank account wouldn't get so angry, I'd also love to grab the following items at some point!



Lite Bright Active Dress


(Lite Bright active dress)
Hana 2 in 1 short_green
(Hana 2-in-1 shorts)


In addition to some amazing clothes, there was free food, wine, CUPCAKES, and TONS of info on the free classes that Athleta plans to offer in the next month.  Seriously, y'all.  I cannot WAIT - especially since I've become a bit of a fitness class whore.

If you are in Chicago, definitely check out the new store at 3415 N. Southport.  If you aren't in Chicago, check out their blog filled with workout tips and inspiring stories.  It's pretty groovy.

Are you a fan of Athleta???

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I have a few tops and a skirt I got online. Love!!! Jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous you got to try it all on! I've browsed it all through the catalog, but with no store access, have never purchased! (I hate buying things online until I can confirm I like the fit). Maybe I'll have to take a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Athleta a lot. Haven't actually be into their store, but I have some tops, shorts, and a dress from there... Quality stuff. :) Your husband should get some kind of award or special favor for attending such a girly event. What a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've never heard of them, but they look great!

    xox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of the signs they had for the NYC Marathon! I need to check them out. Some stores opened here and I've never been! That bathing suit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never shopped at Athleta before but what a fun opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love athleta, specifically for their every day clothes- like dresses and skirts. so cute, and lo maintenance too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute stuff! I have heard great things about them. Cool that you went to the opening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just heard the commercial on the radio was hoping to stop by there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the active dress the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother in law just gave us a gift card for all GAP owned companies and Athleta is one of them (which I already knew that since Mike worked at Old Navy for a little while)! I've never bought any of their clothes nor do we have a physical store in Rochester, New York but I would love to try out some of their stuff. I love that top you got!

    When Mike and I are in Chicago in July we might be checking out the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute stuff! I'd love to get some of the 2-in-1 shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. running skirts, really? i wasn't aware people did anything in skirts/dresses besides playing tennis?

    looks like a fun store, i have seen some cute stuff online by them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I've only browsed online for Athleta clothing, but I bet I would love the store just as much as you :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never purchased anything from Athleta but I love that their catalogs feature women who are obviously VERY fit, it just thin and airbrushed. They look STRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that tank you bought! I can't spend too much time looking at any active wear right now since I still have a cast on my leg and it's kind of depressing, but I'll be back in the swing of things soon enough. How fun that you got to check out the store early!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! Sounds like a great event and store!

    Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stumbled upon your blog from the Athleta RT. I thought the store was awesome I want to own almost everything there! I own some fleece lined tights from Athleta that were great during cold runs this winter.
    Very cool that you got to check it out early too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Athleta clothing! I just wish I could try it all on before I buy it. But, I'm happy they're opening more physical store locations. I see the newest one will be in Houston, so I'll have to try to head to Houston one time I'm in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...