7.19.2011

I Like Carrots.

Over the weekend, 10 girls escaped across the border to Michigan City, Indiana to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of my super sweetheart future sister-in-law, Karen.  We rented the most ah-maaaaaz-ing cabin for the weekend and certainly celebrated in style!


(Once again, I am a deficient blogger/photographer and was too busy having fun to take lots of pictures.  But I'll show you what I DO have.  And stole from my sister's Facebook.)


The Cabin:


IMG_5950


IMG_5952


The cabin had several balconies and decks - perfect for "sunrise" yoga!


IMG_5949
There was even a "babbling brook" and a koi pond!




The Ladies:


IMG_5939
The bride-to-be Karen, my sister Molly, and dear friend Julie!


IMG_5941
Christy and our special "guest star" - a $5.99 tub of cheeseballs.

Karen3
The lovely guest of honor, opening her gifts!  Isn't she adorable?  I swear, Karen and my brother Kevin were made for each other!  Their wedding is going to be OFF THE CHAIN!!!  (Do people use that phrase anymore???)




The Beach:


IMG_0840
We spent part of the day at the beach on Saturday.  Karen and I even got in a little run in the AM.  Oh!  And we totally saw a deer, nursing two babies.  She looked hella pissed when we all stopped to take pictures (mine didn't turn out).   I suppose if people took pictures of me breastfeeding, I'd be angry, too.  


The Debauchery:


IMG_5940


Karen1


This is what happens when you try and stuff as many cheeseballs as possible into your mouth for a photo shoot.  I'm classy like that...


IMG_0841
No, it's not a blood bag.  It's what happens when you open up a box of wine.  Again, we're classy.


Karen4
And then why not try and play catch with it?


Seriously.  Y'all probably think this was a "People of Wal-Mart" weekend, but I swear, we are classy ladies.  We totally made an amazing dinner on Saturday night.  We even had a craft beer tasting, too!  


And the post title?


Well, don't ever leave your phone out when I'm around.  I'll update your status and tell the world how much you love vegetables.


Le sigh.  It was a perfect weekend.  It was probably the most relaxing bachelorette party I've ever attended, and I loved that it was such a different idea.  Congrats, Karen and Kevin!!!


Have you attended any bachelorette parties lately?  Do you like cheeseballs, too?

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. I guess being from Indiana, I never really realized you could rent places in Michigan City. But why not! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sounds so fun! Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally lol'ing at this and wondering what kind of trouble you're going to get me in in September ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you girls had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. That looks like so much fun! And the cheese balls- amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to good and bad bachelorette parties, but this one definitely looks top-notch. ;) I think it has been many many years since I've eaten a cheeseball!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea. Love it! : ] And I pretty much like anything related to cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a great bachelorette weekend! I wish I was friends with you guys! And how awesome is it that you love your sister-in-law-to-be so much? : )
    Annnddd yes to cheeseballs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a fun time! What a beautiful cabin. I LOLed at the "people of Walmart" comment. Cheese balls and box wine is perfectly acceptable at a cabin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll keep that in mind (with the phone!). My friend does the same. I once had to use hers, and forgot to log out and wow...my status updates were so not me talking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Don't worry, classy ladies have to have fun too! :) Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! What a gorgeous location. That cabin is unreal! I have to admit, I love the games (before going out) that are played at bach parties lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you have a fun time! I love love cheeseballs...what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at cheeseballs!

    Glad you ladies had a fun weekend! What a lovely cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun weekend! The cheeseballs are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great time! That cabin, the views...amazing!!
    Haha! I frickin LOVE those cheeseballs!! & for $5.99??? Thats a steal!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like the perfect kind of bachelorette party! I may steal this idea one day down the line...

    Congratulations to your brother and Karen!! I have always wanted a sister, and I am REALLY hoping that my brothers end up with amazing women so at least I'll have some great sisters-in-law! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cabin looks absolutely amazing! Now I want a cheese ball.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That place looks amazing!! I want to go spend a weekend in a cabin filled with girlfriends!

    How exciting that you are coming to NYC!!! How many days will you be here? I made a list of all the fun things to do in NYC for my friends who came last week and my brother who is coming this week if you want me to send it to you! Message me on my blog with your email address and I'll shoot it your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That cabin looks perfect! And the cheeseball bucket---awesome. Just awesome. :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you guys had so much fun! The cabin looks amazinggggg!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are so in sync! I threw my little sis a bachelorette party over the weekend :) Your sister-in-law's looks like SO much fun!!! The cabin looks soooo beautiful and I would have loved to have joined you and Karen on your morning run :) I use to be SO addicted to those cheeseballs haha Now I have a craving to go find me some - thanks a lot Meghan! ha :) Cutest pic of you on the floor with the cheeseballs! Glad you girls had a great time and that your brother is marrying a wonderful woman you get along with! Such a blessing :)

    p.s. I was wondering what your fb status about carrots was all about hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I would have headed into the same direction as you with the cheeseballs:) Looks like a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never been to a bachelorette party...Am I missing out?

    This looks like a great time and AM morning on a cabin deck sounds like HEAVEN to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You know how I knew we'd be a good blogger friend match? When you said "boxed wine". I was hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh, this post made me laugh out loud!! Sounds like you had an absolute blast...and I'm sure there are lots more fun stories that aren't necessarily blog-appropriate ;)

    I can only hope my own bachelorette party is equally fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha ha looks like you had an amazing time - he he love that you tried to stuff all of the cheetos in your mouth and wow what a nice cabin! The view is just gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...