
This photo is from last Sunday. The hubs and I met a friend for brunch. I think this outfit reflects my summer mentality - dress for comfort, and save the money for back-to-school clothes!

Shirt: Target
Skirt and Purse: H&M
If you'll let me, I'd like to deviate from the fashion (or lack thereof these days!) and discuss food. You see, I LOVE FOOD. I will eat anything and everything. As a child, I have several memories of downing not one, not two, not three, but FOUR OR MORE hard shell tacos from Taco Bell. Luckily, I was a pretty skinny, active child. And while the thought is definitely tempting, for most of my adult life, I've been a pretty healthy, clean eater. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my cupcakes and the hubs and I love to go out to eat. But 90% of the time, I am extremely careful about what I eat.
The problem? I don't cook. AT ALL.
I am very fortunate that my husband is an amazing cook. We also go out to eat / order in quite a bit (it's easy to do when there are 100 restaurants within a one-mile radius of you!), but I am pretty careful about what I order. However, things changed last week.
I decided to cook. Make my own meals. PLAN AHEAD.
I wanted to share a few meals with you that turned out to be successful or just really tasty and healthy. I always make my own breakfasts, but lunches are usually Lean Cuisines and dinners are made by my husband. So, I thought it might be fun to document a day of meals!
Breakfast (I keep it light because it's usually a pre-run/workout meal):

(Whole wheat sandwich "thin" with peanut butter / low-fat string cheese / blueberries and raspberries)
Lunch:

Tuna salad made with celery, onion & Smart Balance mayo / carrots / Trader Joe's party crackers

Nectarine / clementine orange / crackers / string cheese / blueberries / raspberries
Dinner:


Tilapia with roasted red peppers & cheese / green beans / sweet potato
I also made an egg white frittata breakfast and a tangy pork dinner, but didn't get an opportunity to take pictures.
This may not be revolutionary or ground-breaking to most of you, but I am really excited that I actually did something in my kitchen. Summer is always a great opportunity to stock up on fresh produce and maintain healthy habits. Here's hoping I actually continue cooking into the school year!
How was your weekend? Do you have any recipes to share?
Your kind of cooking works for me!!
ReplyDeleteNow I'm totally craving tuna salad for lunch!! :)
And, the tilapia looks amazing!
Omg. You just had to talk about crunchy tacos from taco bell, didnt you? Now i'm craving them!!
ReplyDeleteAhh! All of that food looks bangin'! It makes me want to eat healthy (you should probably get an award for that.. I ate cupcakes for breakfast on Friday.. oops)!
ReplyDeleteI might have to give "healthy" a whirl.. hehe..
p.s. gift card giveaway at my blog if you're interested! =]
wow! you eat so healthy. wish i could too!
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is great for a day out and about in the city. Comfort is key when it comes to the heat.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the meal inspiration. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut with healthy options and this gave me some ideas. I really like the looks of that first breakfast combo. I know that would keep me full for a long time.
I really like the color palette of your outfit! And omg I want raspberries right now.
ReplyDeleteYour food looks great! YUMM!!!!
ReplyDeleteFood looks yummy and I love that skirt!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up! I wish we had an H&M... but I can't even think of one close by. You look so cute :)
ReplyDeleteYour food looks delicious! Love fruits and veggies this time of year!
Thanks for making me crave raspberries and blueberries. ;) Looks all good to me. Fruits and veggies are my favorites, especially during summer! ;)
ReplyDeletexoxo
You are more than welcome here if you will cook healthy for me:) How come unhealthy food is so much easier to cook?
ReplyDeleteThe older I get, the more I like to cook. I roast vegetables a lot (baby yukon gold potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, beets) and eat them with cottage cheese or over salad. I also make a delish bean chili! Our produce is so amazing in the summer that I eat a lot of tomatoes and avocados and salads in general . . . and fruit!
ReplyDeleteHowever, right now I'm visiting family in the south, and let's just say that "healthy" does not describe how I've been eating!
Congrats on your new venture in the kitchen :)
The snack is my favorite part... mmm, I'm craving fruit right now. I've been eating a lot of salads lately because it's just too hot for anything else, ugh.
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute & comfy! :)
ReplyDeleteYour meals look so healthy, makes me feel like a fatty, haha!
we have the same style! a tshirt and my h&m skirts every day!
ReplyDeleteand i don't cook either...i need some motivation to start trying! those pictures may do the trick....or motivate me to pay someone else to do it for me :)
I don't cook...well lol. I try and it tastes like crap! So I am proud of you! And dang girl, you are healthy and I admire that!
ReplyDeleteYou sure are keepin' it healthy lady!
ReplyDeleteI don't cook either! It's so bad - I just had mashed potatoes for my lunch, lol! Your snacks looks healthy though and what a great creative lunch - that actually looks quite good!
ReplyDelete