4.12.2011

Synchroblog.

Hello!  Do y'all know Courtney of Chaos Theory?  Please go check out her blog NOW.  A few weeks back, she proposed the idea of synchro-blogging, where a group of bloggers get together and blog about the same topic every other week.  Under the name of "Those Who Blog Together..." Courtney has created a cool feature within the blogosphere and I am excited to play along.


This week's topic is pets.  My husband and I currently do not have any pets, although I jokingly mention every now and again that cleaning up after him is like cleaning up after a little puppy.  He's a messy little guy sometimes.  But we're pet-less, child-less city dwellers, and animals are not allowed in our building. We also work crazy hours and have come to the conclusion that we really wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a dog at home for 8-10 hours a day by itself.  


However, I do love (most) animals, and my family has the most loving, beautiful yellow lab in the world:  Maggie.




051009bc


Me and Maggie at the park.

A-002

(Maggie on my wedding day.  She is clearly excited for me to get married. Photo by Matt Schademann.)

Growing up, we did not have any pets.  My mom was always allergic, so minus the occasional goldfish that one of us kids won at the fair, we never had pets.  When I was in college, and my mom's allergies subsided, my parents bought a dog, and the family hasn't been the same since.  We are all head over heels in love with this little lady, who gives you kisses when you're feeling sad and gets SO excited to meet new people.  My siblings and I joke that Maggie is really our parents' favorite child:)  We just love her.

Do you have any pets?  If so, tell me about them! 


And P.S.  The winner of the giveaway for the "My Heart Belongs" magnet is:
Congrats!  Send me an email (perfectcompilationtape@gmail.com) with your info and I will get you in touch with Lisa.  Thanks to all who entered!

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Cute lab!
    I actually have a cat...yet I found out I am allergic to both cats and dogs. I found this out after the fact of having it. I feel weird giving him up because I love him so much. I don't get too crazy with my allergies around him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never had any pets growing up either. for a long time i thought i didn't like dogs (why must they smell ppl in inappropriate places?!), but that changed. my hubs and i adopted a very lazy and wrinkly english bulldog and i'm pretty much obsessed with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a zoo at my place with one dog and two cats. Our dog is seriously our baby - we're both totally head over heels with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a sweetie! I love dogs but have developed some allergies over the last few years. BF and I want to get a pup soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a cute pup! We have 4 turtles. They are awesome, cuddly, and do tricks. (Like swim. or sun.) pretty exciting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie is absolutely PRECIOUS!!!

    I have a dog and a cat. Like you, I never had a dog growing up. But I always wanted one...my family just travelled so much it was not practical! But finally two years ago I adopted Jax...and my goodness it is AMAZING! I live in a zoo though. Seriously. The cat is a pure-bred Bengal and is crazy as ever too. But I wouldn't change it for the world!!

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie is so cute! We have a lab/pitbull mix that we adopted a 1 1/2 years ago. Named Glenda. Ha! We didn't name her! But I love her and we can't imagine not having her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie!
    And yes, I totally relate to your reasons why you don't have a pet. Same here. It just wouldn't be fair for a dog...just not!!! :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We (I) have a cat and she is the queen of my world! Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We also joke about our dog being the favorite child and grandchild...and I'm pretty sure it's true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you may know, I am also obsessed with my parents' (dad's) dog. :) However, no one would describe Ignatius as "loving" or "beautiful." haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's crazy that your mom grew out of allergies to dogs. Your dog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie is such a cutie!! I'm such a dog person and I can't wait to get another puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, I forgot to do the synchro blog :-/

    I just love your pup, she's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous dog Maggie is! I do not have pets, but all of my family does so it is fun to love on them when we see them! Maybe one day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A delight to have stumbled upon your blog over at my good friend Susu Paris Chic's blog. You look so relaxed with Maggie - am glad you had fun with Maggie at the park. I don't have pets myself, but I'm very fond of animals;-)
    Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Maggie. She's so cute! I have a crazy spoiled dog named Milo who is one of my best friends. No matter how rough my day is he's always waiting for me to come home and cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great idea!!!! and i LOVE the photos of your maggie. precious! I don't think anyone is ever the same after knowing the love of a dog. i have 3! :)

    all girls... bubbles, stella, and maverick (name for my fave NBA team, the DALLAS MAVERICKS!)

    they are the loves of my life and my day always starts with copious cuddles :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maggie is too freaking adorable!!!! I agree... she does look happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love happy maggie on your wedding day!

    being the baby of my family let me say from first hand knowledge that as son asyour parents have a grandchild, the kids and the dog take a back seat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have a 5-month old black lab. Love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...