* Amazing art work.


I took students to the National Vietnam Veterans Art Museum and the exhibits were so incredibly moving. I love art for the simple fact that so much is left up to your own interpretation.
* Coffee. It's STILL cold and raining in Chicago, and I am SO over this weather. However, between snuggling on the couch with a blanket and coffee and trips to Intelligentsia, coffee is definitely getting me through.

(Image via weheartit)

(Image via tvrage.com)

This photo is about a year and a half old, but I do love these ladies. Except the girl in the back. I don't know who she is.
What's keeping you sane these days?
P.S. Due to my schedule, I totally forgot about my Top 5 Thursdays link-up! Please feel free to submit ideas in the comments section. If your idea is selected, I will send you a little prize!!!
Ideas: Top 5 favorite things about summer, Top 5 vacation spots, Top 5 favorite TV personalities :)
ReplyDeleteArt is my way to escape the world. And coffee sometimes is my best friend. hahaha. And music keeps me sane, too.
ReplyDeleteIdeas: Top 5 summer dishes/drinks, Top 5 weekend spots/ideas, Top 5 dream vacations (winter or summer) ;)
Happy Friday.
xoxo
Sanity? What's that?
ReplyDeleteHaha The comment about "except the girl in the back. I do not know who she is" for some reason made me bust out laughing....at work....oops!
ReplyDeleteTop 5 Last Week of School (or last month) memories! The home stretch is near!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the show Pregnant in Heels!
ReplyDeleteOoooh I love all these things! Especially coffee. I tell my students all the time that my least favorite part of the day is when I take my last sip of coffee and have to throw away the cup. It's so sad. I want my morning coffee to last all day.
ReplyDeleteA 3 Day weekend is keeping me sane, too. :) We don't have today off, but we have Monday off, yay!
I love Top 5 Thursdays even though I haven't linked up yet. I'm totally going to. I've been really behind with getting blogs done on time due to a crazy schedule. :( Here are some ideas:
*top five books you've read
*top five trips you've taken
*top five heroes
*top five beauty products
:) Happy snuggling on the couch with coffee!
We've had rainy and cold weather off and on. I'm ready for summer! I love the first two pictures. Rosie Pope is so cute! Her job seems really fun. I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for coffee, especially when things are hectic!
ReplyDeleteI love Rosie Pope too and Pregnant in Heels is quickly becoming a new favorite.
The trip to the Art Museum looks great and I love the red shoes!
Have a wonderful weekend!
I'm just a wee bit north of you in Madison, WI. I don't think it's ever going to warm up! I keep wearing springy clothes in my apartment to help me pretend that it's nice out!
ReplyDeleteThis cold, gloomy doomy, rainy weather certainly had me in a funk. I pulled out my wellies and pink rain coat today and proclaimed our puppy was still getting her usual long afternoon walk whether she liked it or not! And you know what, I think she liked it :) (Still hoping for some Chicago sun sometime soon)
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend~
wait, wait, hold the phone...are you friends with christy brinnel? i haven't seen her in forever, but we used to work together!
ReplyDeletep.s. -- i think that girl in front is christy...if not, please disregard. thanks!
YAY for coffee :)
ReplyDeleteI love your lists, girl! :)
Happy Weekend!
I'm totally with you on the Rosie Pope thing, she's super adorable. I can't shake the feeling that she might have a bit of a lisp, though...is it just me?!
ReplyDeleteAs for Top 5 Thursdays...top 5 coffee shops in Chicago! You know, since you'll be stuck drinking hot coffee for awhile longer :)
I'm still loving coffee, too! Even though it's getting warmer here. :)
ReplyDeleteimpromptu anything with friends is so wonderful! this weekend i met up with some friends and we ended up seeing a cool documentary called being elmo about the puppeteer for elmo, then we tried these japanese pancakes, had ice creamand went to the rooftop of a hotel downtown where i had the BEST gingerale ever! impromptu rules!
ReplyDelete