3.29.2010

Coffee Cozies and Dinner Clubs.

A few months back, my friends and I started a monthly dinner club, and I am happy to say that it's still going strong! We've checked out very diverse restaurants in Chicago - we've had Mexican, contemporary, vegan, Italian, German, and even a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal. This month once again added to the diversity - barbecue! Featured recently on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives", we ventured to the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago to check out the Honky Tonk BBQ!

I should back the train up a bit - the day really started when a few of us headed out early for some vintage shopping - we scoped out a little bazaar down the street from the restaurant. I wanted to put my best vintage foot forward, so before I left the house I tried to do my first (and probably my last!) outfit post to show you my new blouse. Epic fail. Taking pictures of myself in the mirror is NOT my forte. However, I DID capture what I thought was a pretty fun photo:

IMG_8157


The bazaar was a little tiny, but it was a success after I picked up a dress and these adorable little coffee cozies. If you follow me on Twitter, you know about my very healthy relationship with Starbucks:)

IMG_0188

Since the "bazaar" was only two rooms and we had some time to kill, we stopped by THE coolest bar I've seen in a long time - Simone's!

blogg


Simone's was very eclectic - it was as if we had been transported into a 1950's space ship (total oxymoron, I know). I couldn't really tell what the theme was at Simone's - but who cares?!?! It was a great place to sit and chat with friends for a bit.

When we finally made our way to the Honky Tonk - all I could think about was BBQ ribs, cornbread and coleslaw. The Honky Tonk did NOT let us down. It was incredible! They had some very satisfied customers:


blogp

And of course, what would a night out be without a mechanical horse?

blogs

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

P.S. Thank you for all of your sweet comments about our little love shack:) They mean the world to me!

Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. wow miss creative photographer! that pic of your top in the disco wall is a fab idea!

    thats cool that you kids have stuck with the restauranting- those types of ideas usually fizzle way too quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had such a fun time. And that bar looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a dinner club!
    what a neat, fun idea.
    i love it.
    :)

    cute coffee cozies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun and with dear friends! I think that you shouldn't drop the idea of outfit posting. You're doing judt fine;)

    I reread your "About Me" and saw that you like running, cleanliness and NY ...me too!

    So you're coming to Paris... If you'd like, I'd be happy to meet up with you for coffee and show you around a little in "my Paris".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops... It left too fast.
    Here with link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! I love the idea of starting a monthly dinner club. There are so many places around my city that I haven't checked out yet!

    Your dinner definitely sounds like it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You kill me on that horse! We should all act like a kid at least once a day, shouldn't we :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mechanical horse always makes my night!! Seriously, looks like you had a super fun weekend! And don't worry, I am terrible at trying to take photos of myself in the mirror :(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The coffee cozies are totally adorable!

    That sounds like a wonderful restaurant, and I love that mechanical horse! The only thing better would have been a mechanical bull:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the last picture of you on the horse!
    Those coffee cosies are so cute.I need one!!
    Love the idea of a restaurant club too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first photo is freakin' AWESOME! And I LLOOOOOVE those coffee cozies. Cute!

    And ribs are on my mind BIG TIME now. I don't think I can settle for anything less for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that show!!!

    i was just telling dave we should hit up some of the places they've been too.

    looks like you all had a good time...you know, based on your big ol' smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you made me want to start a dinner club. awesome!

    thanks again for always commenting on my posts! you're posts are way more interesting about chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dinner club idea! I need to get that going out here. And that last picture - I just adore your face, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Chicago. I got to live there last summer and loooooved it. I'm so jealous that it's your permanent residence. And I've definitely passed by where you live many times. Weird? You tell me. Anyways I just had to tell you that your blog is adorable. Oh and I love it. And I think we should be blog friends. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A dinner club sounds like such a fun idea, glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg your little starbucks cups are so cute!! I love your coat Meghan, its a great color on you too! Hope you are having a nice week! have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO glad i stumbled upon your blog! chicago is pretty much one of my favorite things in life {although i currently live in san francisco}. i am going to enjoy looking at all your photos so that i can catch a little glimpse of this lovely city!
    ps. barbeque, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a fun time and I love how you described it, made me feel like I was there. Look at you on that horse, glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. goodness, i love your life! :) the mechanical horse pic? awesome!!! :) great purchase on the cozies and FUN photo indeed! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i have to say, I absolutely LOVE those cozies!! but you on a mechanical horse & gorgeous coat..that's pretty cool too :)

    hope you have a good easter break

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have an equally healthy relationship with the 'bucks and I'm fairly certain I need to invest in my own cozies. Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool thing to do. Great time with friends, AND food.

    Nuff said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that show! This place looks great to eat and I use my coffee cozy all the time, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhh, i do like your first picture! nicee. and i'm so glad that your dinner parties are going strong still! i want to start a dinner party group thing sometime soon! you can't go wrong with friends and food!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh nelly - i live in the bbq capital of the world (at least thats what they say) ...and i hate bbq haha. but i do love a good mechanical horse!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the photo of you on the horsey. :) ... ooo and the coffee cozies are super cute!! me and the hubby have some too.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...