Thank you to everyone for all of your sweet comments, reassuring me that I am really NOT that old. Have I told you lately that I love you?!?!?!
Anyway, I hope y'all are having an excellent week. I figured I'd get the weekend started a little early with another Thursday Top 5 list. This week's topic?
Your Top 5 TV Guilty Pleasures (Translation: Top 5 shows you would be embarrassed to admit that you watch!)
5.) One Tree Hill

I started watching two years ago - I caught up during my summer vacation (Oh, the perks of being a teacher) by watching re-runs on Soapnet. And while the story lines are TOTALLY UNREALISTIC (Seriously, who owns their own fashion line before the age of 22???) and he's a you-know-what in real life - Chad Michael Murray was just too dreamy for words!!! I cried when Haley was hit by the car, when Dan shot Keith, and when Lucas and Peyton finally got together, got married AND HAD A BABY! Love.
4.) Jersey Shore (I have a feeling this is on a lot of peoples' lists these days!!!)

Like any great reality show, Jersey Shore is LIKE WATCHING A REALLY AWFUL CAR ACCIDENT. You.Can't.Look.Away. They're some of the oiliest, trashiest train wrecks I have ever seen in my entire life, and even though they aren't real Italians, I love me some bitch-slapping drama. And any show that gives characters nicknames like "The Situation" is aces in my book.
In case you were wondering, my Jersey Shore nickname is Vibe Time (with my married name) and The Opportunity (with my maiden name). I think I'll go with Vibe Time Opportunity and call myself "The VTO" for short:)
3.) Keeping Up With the Kardashians

In the words of Tyra, these girls are FIERCE. It never ceases to amaze me when people become famous for being...well, famous. Somehow, this show connects with me in such a way that I WANT TO BE THEIR FRIEND. I want to hold Kourtney's baby and shop with Kim and gossip with Khloe. And tell Bruce how much I appreciate him:) Honestly, if I was Armenian, beautiful and loaded, I would be the lost Kardashian sister.
2.) Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood

Let me just say this: horrible boob job and all, I LOVE ME SOME DONNA MARTIN. I adore Tori Spelling. She's sweet, funny, and isn't afraid to fart on camera. I love her so much that I own both of her books AND on a recent ski trip, I quit skiing early (after paying a ton of money), so I could sit by the fire and read "Storitelling" because I was THAT hooked. Crazy fan, party of one!
1.) The Real Housewives of ______________ (insert all four cities here)!

From the fashion to the fighting to the big cities, I believe this show to be Bravo's greatest achievement since deciding to air re-runs of The West Wing. I love the RH series. I am partial to the New York season myself ("Evidently, she's Madonna") and I am not ashamed to admit that I follow several of them on Twitter. As they say, money doesn't buy you class or happiness, and these ladies are a prime example of that. While I should feel sorry for them, deep down, I'm just glad that they're greedy and crazy enough to air their dirty laundry on national television for my viewing pleasure.
What about you??? What 5 shows are YOUR guilty pleasure???
I <3:
ReplyDeleteKeeping Up With The Kardashians
Gossip Girl
The Girls Next Door (the original girls ONLY)
Cats 101
Dogs 101
Love the Thursday top 5 theme!
ReplyDeleteMy guilty tv pleasures:
1. The Bachelor
2. America's Next Top Model
3. Gossip Girl
4. Jersey Shore
5. Survivor
1. Jersey Shore
ReplyDelete2. Any version of a Real World/Road Rules challenge
3. The Hills (although I liked it better with Lauren rather than Kristin)
4. Real Housewives (I also like NYC the best, NJ and Atlanta are also good, but OC is just kind of sad now.)
5. Wipeout (It's on ABC. It's kind of like a Japanese game show. I don't know why I watch it but I can't help myself.)
Oh man, I don't even know where to start. Jersey Shore, for sure!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen a lot of these shows and I am going to have to check them out! Hmm, my faves are Gossip Girl, Legend of the Seeker, Grey's, Friday Night Lights, and The Bachlor...Happy Sat!
ReplyDeleteps- I gave you a blog award
ReplyDeletehttp://windshielddiaries.blogspot.com/2010/01/windshield-diaries-very-first-blog.html
i'm with you on one...jersey shore baby! love that show. can't get enough.
ReplyDeletePut me down for all of the above! Oh and I gotta fit in the RW/RR challenges. I'm shamelessly addicted to them!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we don't get these programmes in the UK (apart from One Tree Hill) because it sounds like I would be obsessed with them! My boyfriend is already despairing because Saturday nights are my So You Think You Can Dance (UK) fix. He hates girly programmes like that!! So I definitely don't need any more to obsess over!!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen one of these shows that you listed. Is that bad? I think I might be the only twenty something chick that has not watched an episode Jersey Shore and the Kardshians (although I follow Kim on Twitter and I just adore her!).
ReplyDeleteMy five would have to be: The Hills, Gossip Girl (although I don't care who knows I watch this because I adore it!), Cash Cab, Myth Busters, and Criminal Minds. Well I guess I'm not embarrassed to admit that I watch any of those, except maybe The Hills because that show can be too much drama for me at times.
oh god! the Situation!!! love jersey shore- they are too funny!
ReplyDeleteLove One Tree Hill. I have a huge crush on Sophia Bush, all curves, and that voice! And i totally watch it on Soapnet too.
ReplyDelete