1.27.2010

Back to School.

Hello lovelies! I hope your week is off to an amazing start. To be honest, things outside the blogosphere have been uber crappy - too much work and stress and not enough working out and sleep and time with the hubby. Argh. But, as the most amazing sign says, I am vowing to:

il_430xN.119134516

(Image via)

And I have you to thank for the tiny bright spot in my life these days. I am so appreciative of your kind comments about the new design and for entering my little giveaway. It means the world to me. Don't forget - if you haven't yet entered, you can do so HERE! YEAH!

Yesterday, one of the most adorable bloggers in the world and my new best friend Wendy (due to our love for all things Toto!) posted my "16 Year Old Self" letter on her blog. Check it out! I think Wendy has started such an incredible and meaningful segment on her blog that has allowed so many of us to reflect on how much our lives have changed since high school. I admit - when I wrote my letter, I was a bit weepy. It made me think about how much I've changed - from a quiet, confused teenage girl, just DYING for someone to like her - to someone who is more outspoken, confident, and married to the most amazing man in the world. "High School Meghan" was serious - very concerned with grades, college and excelling at every single sport and activity. I was afraid to "fly my freak flag", as they say. Are there times when I am still that girl? You bet. Just put me in a room full of strangers:) However, I now fly my freak flag proudly and boldly - it's hot pink, you know. I'm not afraid to ask questions, I communicate openly and freely (and sometimes a bit too much, my husband would tell you), and I am no longer afraid of making mistakes. Oh, and I no longer have bangs:)

And so it makes me wonder - what were YOU like in high school? And how have you changed???

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. "Oh and I no longer have bangs" hehe! Love that last line.

    I've just found your blog through 'Time After Tea'... I see you're part of the Slow Readers Book Club too! Woo!

    Only 2 years ago I was starting my final year at highschool, but I think even now I can say I've changed.. I have alot more responsibility and I'm alot more serious :p I don't want to go out and party anymore, I want to focus on getting into Uni before I'm 20, I live with my boyfriend and our two kitty cats... I just, appreciate the little things more now. And this is my year to do something with what I've been graced with. Plus now I have bangs :)

    Anyway, enough ramble from me. I love your blog. I'm so glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definately be popping over to read your letter.
    Blogland is wonderful when you need a pick me up isnt it?
    I think that i have lost my party girl ways a little bit since high school but i think that there is still alot of me that is the same, some parts I want to change and some I am ready to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wendy!!!! I too fly my freak flag high and proud!!!

    Hope things brighten up for you outside of the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, in HS I was much the same that I am now, except I have definitely matured and become more the person I have wanted to become. I think in HS you are trying to find yourself, I think I have always been a bit of an old sole, per say, I knew about life before all of the other party people in HS, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, old soul! I am losing my spelling, oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm sorry to hear that your week hasn't been so fabulous. Glad that the blogging community can do something to cheer you up though. Blogging helps me a lot when the outside world sucks too.

    And going to enter your giveaway right this second..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boooo this week! OVER IT.

    I love your pink freak flag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that series. and i hope i've changed since 16 yeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog post. Really got me thinking and made me realise the changes i've made since high school. I too was the quiet, shy girl who just wanted to blend in with the crowd.

    Now i'm much more confident and not afraid to stand out at all! Best part of growing older is you stop caring about what other people think.

    Ps. i'm another member of the Slow Reader Book Club! Starting the book tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your blog from MaryBeth @ Live.Work.Design. :)

    Oh gosh, high school me? I think I am a much better person. I was sort of a "mean girl" (like the movie) & more concerned with being a party girl lol but 2 kids, a hubs and a mortgage later, I am such a better person! But HS me was a nice girl deep down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha. i am still laughing about the "fly my freak flag" so funny, but so true.

    i tried to fly under the radar in h.s. i was always the tallest in my class making it less easy to fit in, especially among the pre-pubesent boys. thankfully i realized that h.s. was almost over and college awaited full of possibilities and and much taller/mature boys.

    (i'm really only 5'9" but it seemed like i could have tried out the wnba. that, or my friends were midgets?)

    have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My self confidence was at an all time low in high school. That is one thing I'm grateful to my late 20s and now VERY(ah ha)early 30s for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I've changed so much since high school. I actually have some confidence now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great response to your letter! When you get a moment you should have a look at some of the comments!

    I'm growing out my bangs - they're not a good look on me!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. ps: I would totally go to a dentist who was called Phil Collins!! I'd have to ask him to do a Phil Collins/Genesis walk first!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, shiz. I'm actually about to write a post about this soon. I was a lot like Jesse Spano on Saved By The Bell. (long, awkward silence) No, I'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...