7.12.2013

Kona Kase Review

Word!  Happy Friday, everyone!  Awhile back, the fine folks at FitFluential connected me with Kona Kase.  For those of you who aren't familiar,  Kona Kase is one of several subscription boxes on the market.  Basically, you...

1.) Pay $15/month.

2.) Receive one box/month, filled with 8 nutritional products.

3.) Enjoy!

This was my first experience with Kona Kase, and I have to say that I was really pleased with the items I received.  I ended up using six of the eight.


  IMG_2408


The case contained:

* Mamma Chia Squeeze - I actually really loved this.  Plus, it was an easy way to incorporate chia seeds into my diet.  The flavor was apple cinammon, and it's recommended that you take this one hour before a workout.

* Dr. Will bar - This was a soft, flaky granola bar.  I had it after a workout and I really loved it, too.

* 18 Rabbits bar - The thing I loved about this granola bar was the flavor.  It contained cranberry and dark chocolate.

* ONEBAR - This was a fruit bar that I absolutely LOVED.  Plus, they are gluten, peanut and sugar free!  

* Kind Bar - By now, I am pretty sure everyone is familiar with Kind bars.  I've always loved them, especially when I am in a pinch at a place like Starbucks.  Now that my husband is gluten-free, we're all about these kinds (Haha!) of snacks.

* HALFPOPS - This was a sea salt partially-popped popcorn that I thought I would love, but I found it to be REALLY messy, thus annoying me.

The items I did not use?

* Osmo Nutrition sports drink powder - Honestly, the only reason I didn't use this is because I am trying to avoid this stuff now that I am pregnant.  However, it's supposed to be awesome for cyclists, triathletes and hangovers:)

* Clif Shot - I didn't use this simply because I've had it before, and I prefer the shot blocks to the gel.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the contents of the box.  I can see how the items come in handy, especially for those who are currently in the midst of training.  


Do you have any monthly subscriptions?

***FitFluential connected me with Kona Kase, who provided me with this box at no charge.  The opinions stated are my own. 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I responded to their email to try one out. I really hope I get to try one. I've seen so many reviews and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love subscription boxes and it seems like this one was pretty good! Yum Kind bars! So much fun to get surprise mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do want to try Kona Kase, but I haven't yet. I would have liked most of that stuff! I actually use the Razz flavor for now, I still haven't found a perfect energy gel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first monthly subscription box I've seen that actually looks good! All this stuff can be found at my local natural food store, so I'll check a few more out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like this Kona Kase. I agree the half pops were pretty messy but SO tasty. It was one of my faves in the box :) I also prefer shot blocks or chomps to gels. Not a fan of the texture at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun box... its good that you have actually tried the items... the only one i get is birchbox- and honestly, i haven't tried even a small percentage of the items i've gotten so it's kind of a waste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to let go of my Us Weekly subscription - my guilty pleasure gossip mag. Just couldn't afford it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That seems pretty cool! I hadn't heard of this one before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I haven't heard of this one! I used to do Birchbox, but after about a year I felt like I was getting some of the same stuff again, and I didn't need anymore frickin' perfume samples.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...