7.29.2013

It's My Life.

I have to thank each and every one of you for your patience and kind words.  You consoled me when my family said goodbye to our sweet dog, you congratulated me on my anniversary, and you put up with my sporadic blogging and commenting.  So, thank you!

In a nutshell, things have been hectic lately.  I know that sounds funny to some of you, especially since I don't work in the summer, but you'd be surprised at how quickly my days fill up.  Combine that with pregnancy fatigue and buying a house (YES!  It was a SUPER quick process and is obviously still on-going, but our offer was accepted on a place we love!), and my blogging hours are once again at a minimum. 

On top of that, I thought I'd update you as to what else I've been up to lately!

1.) NKOTB/98 Degrees/Boyz II Men


IMG_2515

Sweet Lord, this concert was amazing.  First of all, Boyz II Men ROCKED it.  They brought back so many memories for me, as I distinctly remember learning dance moves like "The Running Man" and "The Roger Rabbit" in PE class, where my teacher played "Motownphilly".

98 Degrees was fine.  To be honest, I was never a huge fan, but they're cute and they sounded great.

And of course, NKOTB was AMAZING.  Say what you will, but the fact that these five guys are in their 40's, singing and dancing their hearts out, was majorly impressive.

Seriously, how cute are they?!?!?!



nkotb-new-kids-on-the-block-2314655-1280-960

And, as if this concert couldn't get "90's" enough, there was a special cameo appearance by THIS guy, too:



62825852

Oh, and did I mention that half of the crowd was PREGNANT?  You know you grew up in the 90's when...


2.) Shopping


IMG_2530

So, I haven't bought a single thing for this baby.  First of all, I know that she's going to live in onesies and sleepers most of the time anyway, and secondly, I have no idea how big/little she's going to be.  But when I saw this on sale at Carter's (40% off), I couldn't resist:)  It might be a little bright for Thanksgiving, but that was my original thought.


3.) TV

I've already told you how I feel about "Nashville" (It's really growing on me!) but Mike and I also discovered yet another Netflix series, "Orange is the New Black".  It's from the same creator as "Weeds" and follows the life of a woman in prison.  It's gritty, it's inappropriate and it's hilarious all at once.


orange-is-the-new-black

4.) Anniversary Celebrating


IMG_2532


On Wednesday night, Mike, myself and our now 26 week bump headed to see "Book of Mormon" to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  I had seen it back in January with my girlfriends but I knew Mike was dying to check it out, so we decided it would be the perfect anniversary trip!


What have YOU been up to lately?

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. congrats on the house!!! sooo excited that your offer was accepted, and im so glad it was a rather quick process for you guys.

    and i totally went to the Boys 2 men, 98 degrees and NKOTB concert pregnant, too! haha ;) i was seriously impressed at their singing and dancing- sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed with Orange is the New Black. The book was amazing and so is the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I totally get how quickly summer fills...even for those of us not working. Love that baby outfit and it's PERFECT for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw a commercial for orange is the new black& I think I'll have to Check it out this week! I remember seeing boys II men when I was in elementary school and loving it! I bet it'd be a fun show!!

    It's amazing how quickly my day fills up when I'm not at working at school, it's hard to remember how I manage it all during the other 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OITNB is on my list. I'm going to watch it after I catch up on Breaking Bad.

    I've seen NKOTB twice in recent years. Hate that I couldn't see this tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That concert sounds awesome! I saw Jay Z and JT last weekend, and I'm EXCITED to see Mumford and Sons in August! YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wish *N SYNC would do a reunion... I miss those guys!

    And that little dress is DARLING. Oh my gosh, she's going to be such a little cutie!


    P.S. I'm giving away a $50 gift card to Albion Fit. Come enter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am seeing the BSB at the end of August, I am actually missing a triathlon to see it! I am way too excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO happy that the house hunting went well for you! Thinking good thoughts that the closing process goes smoothly!

    Love the cute little dress, perfect for Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the house!! That is wonderful news! That little dress is just too precious. I really haven't bought a lot of stuff for James until today. I had a coupon to use so I had to take advantage! Most of it is 6-9 month stuff because I know he'll be in onesies and sleepers in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gahhh! I've heard SO much about Orange is the New Black! The last thing I need is another show to get hooked on. Haha. I LOVE Nashville!

    That concert sounds amazing!!! What an awesome combo of artists.

    Congrats on the house! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the house! The worst time is waiting after the offer is accepted and the day you get the keys, but it sounds like you've got plenty of other things to distract you in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaaay, congrats on the offer being accepted on the house!!!

    I think the dress is perfect for Thanksgiving. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That concert is the best thing ever!! Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm love Orange is the New Black. So addictive! And Vanilla Ice? Whoa baby! 90s rule!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...