My holiday weekend actually started on Wednesday with a trip to the Shedd Aquarium! The Shedd hosts weekly jazz nights, and my friends and I decided to take advantage of it. We were able to visit the exhibits, have some food and drinks, and enjoy the Navy Pier fireworks!
(Note: I thought the ticket price included food. Turns out, food is separate - and expensive. Just a heads up!)
And of course, I decided to take photos of the creepiest exhibits possible:
The jellyfish...

The stingrays...
On Thursday, I woke up bright and early with my dear friend Sarah to run the Elmhurst "4 on the 4th" race.
I really, really loved this race. The course took us through downtown Elmhurst, and minus a few hills, was fairly flat. The volunteers were awesome, and the best part? THE FOOD. They not only had watermelon slices out on the course, but at the end were some pretty ginormous cookies:) As with most races during this pregnancy, my goal was just to get out there and have fun. I ran a little faster than I would have liked, but felt pretty great, so it's a win-win.
(Oh, and I ran into my friend and colleague, Fred! He is seriously the bomb dot com, and NOW HE IS BLOG FAMOUS!)
Later that evening, I joined some of my girlfriends at Ravinia for the Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20 concert. Hello, 1996! If you've never been to Ravinia, it really is a pretty spectacular place. It has both a pavillion and lawn, but most people choose seats on the lawn. It's common to pack up blankets, chairs, wine and food and head out for an evening of live music. It's just north of Chicago, and the train drops you off right at the front gate.
The concert itself was pretty great. Both bands played all of their hits and sounded fantastic!
Later that evening, I joined some of my girlfriends at Ravinia for the Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20 concert. Hello, 1996! If you've never been to Ravinia, it really is a pretty spectacular place. It has both a pavillion and lawn, but most people choose seats on the lawn. It's common to pack up blankets, chairs, wine and food and head out for an evening of live music. It's just north of Chicago, and the train drops you off right at the front gate.
The concert itself was pretty great. Both bands played all of their hits and sounded fantastic!

Julie and Sally. Don't you love the older couple in the background??? :)
Me and Julie
On Friday morning, I was feeling pretty beat, but I was able to meet Neely for an early AM Bar Method class since she was in town! It's tradition for Neely and I to take early barre classes when we see each other. We did a Bar Method class last time she was in town, and we also took an early Pure Barre class in Nashville and an early Physique 57 class in New York. Despite the early hour, it was great to see her!
That brings us to Saturday. To be perfectly honest, I am not sure how much more fun I can stand. So, the rest of the weekend shall consist of me, sitting on my couch watching re-runs of "One Tree Hill" on Soapnet. I think I'll end it there:)
That brings us to Saturday. To be perfectly honest, I am not sure how much more fun I can stand. So, the rest of the weekend shall consist of me, sitting on my couch watching re-runs of "One Tree Hill" on Soapnet. I think I'll end it there:)
How was your holiday weekend???
Wow! That does sound like a packed out weekend! It looks like it was all fun though!
ReplyDeleteThe Shedd Jazz night sounds incredible! I am looking into that now- since I had no idea it existed... I love the photo of the Jellies! They are so cool to watch floating around.
ReplyDeleteMatchbox 20 & Goo Goo Dolls?!?! CRAP I wish I would have known about that too!!! I used to love them and even saw MB20 in concert way back when...
Hope you have a relaxing rest of the weekend. :)
That aquarium looks and sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteMatchbox 20 & Goo Goo Dolls will be here at the end of the month and I'm dying to go! Looks like a blast.
Wow, you had quite the weekend!!! I'm glad it was so much fun, and I'm glad you'll be getting some rest soon!
ReplyDeleteDang, you were busy! I have been to Shedd Aquarium and Navy Pier - love it there :)
ReplyDeleteOh I know exactly what you mean!! I had such a busy week too because I had been complaining about being bored and decided to start planning more stuff. I need to learn to spread out the fun so that it doesn't all happen at once! Looks like you had a great week. The Shedd Aquarium night sounds great. I've never been in all my trips to Chicago. Is it worth a visit if I've been to other aquariums? Nice job on your race on the 4th! I love how you're balancing running and working out while being pregnant. It's definitely an inspiration and something I will look to one day when we decide to get pregnant!
ReplyDeletewhat an action packed weekend you've had! that concert sounds SO fun- those are two of my favorite bands from the 90's ;)
ReplyDeletei'm feeling the same way, we started working on carters nursery and honestly today, i havent wanted to do much of anything "fun".
Reading your recap makes me feel so unproductive. I am lying on the couch moaning to the husband how hungover I am and praying the kiddies go to sleep early.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! What's your current pace? I'm a snail right now coming back from my injury! I need a slow run buddy for Espirit de She!
ReplyDeleteI find it a bit hilarious that you were exhausted from your weekend (understandably!) before it had technically even begun :)
ReplyDeleteThat does sound busy but like a lot of fun! I hope the rest of the weekend was relaxing to you.
writingwhimsy.com
Very busy weekend! I love the jellyfish photo, very cool!
ReplyDeleteOur weekend was pretty busy, we did our July 4th stuff (spectated a race, biked and party) and then we both had to work on Friday. The weekend was full of training, some running and biking.
I love your Jelly pics! I should go back before our membership expires, and use Steven's DSLR to take some neat pics. Well, have HIM take them. LOL!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your race! It is great to see you are still able to do so much! :) You are an inspiration!
I love love love that couple in the background!
ReplyDelete