4.22.2013

Weekend Re-Cap

Hi folks!  I am pretty sure that this re-cap may bore you to tears, but I will take my chances.  My weekends have been pretty quiet lately, and while I am ok with that, I can see how they'd make for some not-so-exciting blog posts.

Friday:

How do I say this?  I came home from work late due to an unexpected emergency after school.  I missed my Bar Method class as a result.  I had dinner.  I did laundry.  I read a book.  I went to bed.



(Side note:  This NEVER happens to me because I am rigid when it comes to my laundry.  It's my favorite Friday night ritual.)

Saturday:

Despite the fact that it was 30 degrees out, I decided that the temps were perfect for a run!  At least the sun was shining.  I ran 3ish miles down to the South Loop, where I took a class at At the Core Pilates.  I really enjoyed it.  There were SO many moves the instructor took us through to strengthen the core, including wall sits (which I dominated.  BOOYAH!)  Unfortunately, I left my keys there and didn't even notice until I got home, so I had to return, which ate up a good chunk of my afternoon.



(Unfortuantely, there was no wine included with the class.)

After some grading, Mike and I met our friends Danielle and Jeremy at Acre, which is in Andersonville.  It's an adorable "farm to table" restaurant with amazing fresh food, and we loved it!

Sunday:

I've been so far behind on blogging that while my husband slept snored, I wrote some posts (and MAY have eaten the leftover dessert from Saturday night's dinner while I did so).  I have no regrets, people.

I hit up a Bar Method class with "The Julie's", and afterwards, the three of us met my friends Christy and Sally for brunch.  If there's anything we ladies know how to do, it's brunch:)  We ended up at Wilde in Lakeview, and it was so nice to spend time with them.

IMG_6436

(Once, we brunched before a Cubs game.  With maragritas.  BAD IDEA.)

Anyway, that was my quiet, boring weekend...that I happened to love:)  What did you do?



Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice weekend to me! I spent my weekend looking for short to wear to the festival I am going to next week. I wish I was as diligent about doing laundry as you are. I typically do it once every 3/4 weeks. The trouble of low rent = no laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! I'm glad you got a run in! We ran a 77.7 mile race this weekend and my parents were visiting (my mom was one of our teammates).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad idea? Or BEST.IDEA.EVER! Upon waking up at 2am with a hangover: "The people at CVS thought you were special."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Friday night. It's my favorite night to go to bed early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like quiet boring weekends too but I went for dinner with my hubby right after work which turned into drinking until midnight. Sunday was brunch and a brisk walk near the lake. Sadly I missed my Barre class on Saturday morning because I slept in until noon. A first in a long time for me and kinda gross.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you think your weekends are boring, but they actually sound really fun to me. I'd love to come have a boring weeeknd in Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I agree with Amber! Sounds fun to me! Also, I love the idea of wine pilates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you could probably eat whatever you want and not get fat with you're workout routine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine was boring too, I worked all weekend, yay! And then Iz and I went out for drinks and lunch when I was done working on Sunday. And watched This is 40, which totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your favorite Friday night ritual is laundry? Laundry isn't my favorite anything. It's at the bottom of the barrel of chores.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love relaxing weekends. They're the best. I wish I loved laundry anytime. I don't love any house chores. I love having clean laundry but wish someone else would do them. I'm too old to keep wishing someone else was doing all my housework. I need to grow into this whole adult thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and PS how is it only Tuesday? I thought it was Wednesday today and was thinking that I couldn't believe it was only Wednesday...then someone was like, "No...it's Tuesday..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you like to do laundry on a Friday night. Totally sounds like me too :). Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, Christy!

    And I love doing Friday night laundry. This week I worked from home on Friday and it ROCKED.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...