Let's be real, folks. It's mid-April, and I am still wearing my long down coat and boots. While the rest of you look super cute in bright colored dresses and sandals, it's winter here in the Windy City. And it's been this way since October. Seriously, this is me right now:
Source: turningpoint2.tumblr.com via Lauren on Pinterest
Remember that time I was in Maui? And I made a pot of Kona coffee every morning? And drank it on the lanai as the sun came up? And it was 80 degrees? TAKE ME BACK.
Ok. Rant over. I wanted to let y'all know of some amazing events coming up so we can both get excited and have something to look forward to. I am unable to make all of these events, but I felt they were important to share.
Sunday, 5/19 - Move for the Kids 5K!
This race takes place right around Soldier Field, and the proceeds go to the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. It looks like a fun course, and it's definitely for an awesome cause, so if you're interested, feel free to use the code readM4TK for a discount on your entry!
Saturday, 6/1 - Girls on the Run 5K
I know many of you are familiar with this amazing organization that helps promote emotional and physical health for young women. The Chicago 5K is scheduled to take place at Toyota Park in June!
Saturday, June 15 - Run for Boston 5K
Some amazing Chicago bloggers, along with the folks at Muddy Monk, have organized a 5K to raise money for those impacted by the tragic events of this past week. Please join us if you can!
Saturday, 9/7 - Pretty Muddy 5K
I participated in the Pretty Muddy event last year, and it was...pretty muddy! I had a blast and look forward to returning once again!
Do you have any races coming up?

I love that you have so many races coming up. I'm in a funk with where I want to take my running next. Oh and I think I would be permanently in Hawaii withdrawal if I had been...Alas I have yet to go, but I can't wait for the day that I do.
ReplyDeleteI love that bundled baby because I feel like that too!! I am doing the Color Run in Racine, WI next month. It is my first official 5k. Then June 29th I am doing Dirty Girl Run at Lake County Fair grounds. I want to do Dirty Girl in sept but they have not announced the exact location yet and you know how huge Chicagoland is!
ReplyDeleteI signed up for my first 5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's on May 4 and it's a night run in Phoenix. I'm super excited!! I know some folks do 5ks like, every weekend but it's a great personal accomplishment for this self-professed lazy gal :)
ReplyDeleteyay, so many 5ks! I hope you get the groove back and the weather warms up for you! You can send some of that cold weather down here!
ReplyDeleteLol, your weather is crazy... but I would totally trade you. It's too hot here to do any 5Ks.:(
ReplyDeleteYou have a great race schedule coming up!! I only have one planned on the 4th of July, but I need to look for more to keep me motivated!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU for the mention! Hope you'll join us either running or volunteering!
ReplyDeleteI know you'll find your motivation soon! We just raced yesterday and we have two races coming up this weekend :)
ReplyDelete