Hi folks! Happy April! Can you believe it's finally time for spring?!?!? Granted, the weather here in Chicago has proven otherwise, but I am hoping that the beginning of April means it's time for warmer temps!
As many of you know, last week I was able to take my mom to one of my favorite cities: New York! She had never been, and since we had the same spring break and tickets were so cheap, we decided to book it. I had such a blast playing tour guide and our trip flew by!
I didn't take photos of everything we did (I know, what a shock!) but I thought I'd share some highlights!
"Jersey Boys" on Broadway

My happy place: Central Park! I was able to get in an amazing run before heading back with my mama. We spent SO much time walking through the park - and when the temps hit 55 degrees on Friday, well, life was pretty perfect.


Levain Bakery: Everyone has recommended the cookies here, yet I've never made it to the Upper West Side to sample them. Until last week. OMG. Everyone is SO DEAD ON - these are literally the BEST COOKIES EVER IN LIFE.

Chelsea Market and The High Line:

Dylan's Candy Bar: We stopped here before heading to dinner at The Smith (Lincoln Center location). Other dining highlights? Shake Shack and Sarabeth's.
We also hit up Washington Square Park, rode the Staten Island Ferry, visited the September 11th Memorial, and shopped in Union Square. We certainly accomplished quite a bit in a few short days. It was a whirlwind trip, and I am so glad I was able to spend this time with my mom!
Have you ever been on a mother-daughter trip? How was it?
Ohhh this looks like SO much fun!!!! Our last mother/daughter trip was to Charleston!
ReplyDeleteAw it looks like you two had so much fun Meghan!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time. I have been on family vacations as an adult, but never one just me and my mom. I think it would be a blast.
ReplyDeleteawesome trip!!
ReplyDeleteYou did more than I do in a month! SHEESH! Glad you got to bring the best of NYC to mom, looks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip!! I wanna go next time, K? And those cookies look amazeballs!!
ReplyDeleteI wanna do a mother/daughter trip, especially to New York. So sweet of you to take your mama. Looks fabulous!
ReplyDeletesound like so much fun! did you love Jersey Boys? I would love see it!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me miss NY!!! I can't wait to be there this summer! I am from there any my parents just moved so now I don't have an easy place to stay. I have never heard of that bakery so that was just put on my todo list for this summer. I am glad you had a great time and I love your pictures!
ReplyDeleteand I just looked at the address, when I am there, I stay on W. 75 so I hope I do not like them that much or I will be there the whole time!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing you and your mama ate and walked your way through NYC. What a precious time for you both and obviously so much fun too!
ReplyDeleteOhhh cookieeee. Haha. It looks delicious. Your trip looks like it was so much fun! What a good idea to take a mother daughter trip!
ReplyDeleteThe only mother-daughter trip I've taken was a four day road trip clear across the country! It was an adventure for sure.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Shake Shack cause I assumed it wasn't for vegetarians . . . but now I've heard enough from Micaela about the veggie options (and the shakes, duh) that I will definitely pay a visit next time I'm in New York.
Glad you had such a fun trip!
Looks like such a fun trip! That picture of you and your mom with the ice cream cones at Dylan's Candy Bar is cute. You should frame it. The cookie looks so yummy. I want one!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! And yes, the Levain cookies are completely ridiculously good! But for some reason - always a hassle to go to. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun! I've never been on a mother daughter trip but I would like to do that sometime!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! I loved when I made it to NYC and saw Central Park. It was like being in a movie (or an episode of Law & Order, haha!). I wish I would have been able to get a run in there.
ReplyDeleteActually, this is making sense because when I visited, I wasn't a runner yet, lol. Next trip!!
Sigh. I love visiting NYC, and NYC is the springtime is heavenly. There are so many hidden gems in the city so I always love hearing about the ones that people find. They become "Notes to self" for my next visit out there. =)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite city. Those cookies look divine! Putting it on my "To Eat" list for my next visit. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! What did your mom think? Did she fall in love too?! :)
ReplyDeleteDo tell, what is so fab about the cookies? They LOOK large and soft and chewy. Nom nom nom. Ooo... you can order online!
What a fun trip! Looks like you and you mom had such a blast! I want to go to NYC so bad!
ReplyDeleteYou and your mom look like you had so much fun!!! I'm living vicariously through your pictures :)!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun trip. I too live in Chicago but I am originally from NY and love the city! Mom and I did a part road trip to NY once, it was fun and interesting!
ReplyDeletethis looks like so much fun!!!! I love NYC, and have been trying to convince J we need to go back!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time in NYC. I just came back and stayed in Soho. I decided to stay in different parts of Manhattan each time I go. Most of the time, it's been all about shopping but for next time, I definitely need to do a show and some type of sporting event (and of course more shopping).
ReplyDeleteThat sounds and looks like it was a great trip!
ReplyDelete