12.10.2012

Updates!

Hi guys!  Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a spectacular weekend.  Are you feeling the holiday chaos just yet???

Today's post is one in which I'd like to address some housekeeping issues and just provide you with a few updates.  Cool?


* First of all, you may have noticed some changes around here.  It's a MAKEOVER, y'all!  I've never actually hired someone to design my blog template, so since it's been almost four years, I figured I'd take the plunge and see what it's all about.  After scouring the web, I selected Melissa Rose Design, and boy, am I glad I did!  I loved her work on a few other blogs, and to be perfectly honest, I gave her NO direction.  I wanted to see what an expert would come up with, so this design was all Melissa.  I really love her color selection and clean, simple design.  I like to think it's a bit more grown up, no?


Also, I HAVE A BUTTON!  It's only been, I don't know, FOREVER.  Check out the right sidebar, and if you add buttons to your blog, feel free to grab mine.  I'm also considering doing a little advertising (on other blogs - not here).  Any blogs you love to advertise with???


* I am what some might refer to as a "ChristmasFAIL".  I just started my shopping this week - if you consider Amazon.com "shopping".  I have zero decorations in my apartment.  And I have bailed on several social events because I am feeling like this lately:



Photobucket

* Mike and I leave for Maui in three weeks, and I am ZERO prepared.  I mean, we have a flight.  A place to stay.  Two dinner reservations.  But that's it.  Oh, and did you know that you literally cannot rent a car three weeks in advance during the holiday season?  MAUI IS OUT OF CARS.  #failAGAIN But hey...at least we'll be in Hawaii, right???  :)  (Update:  We now have a car.)  Speaking of, if you've been to Maui, I'd love to hear your recommendations!


* I ran 8 miles yesterday.  This may not seem like a huge deal, but it's the longest I've run in over a month.  It felt good to get back out there!


* I would really love it if it snowed here in Chicago.  Once again, we seem to be experiencing a pretty mild winter.  I know, I know - once it snows, we're all going to whine and moan about it.  But still, it would be lovely.





* The more I watch "Giuliana and Bill", the more I realize that I utter some of the same words as "G".  I'm not sure if I should be proud of this...




* Speaking of G and B, I made reservations at RPM Italian (their restaurant here in Chicago) for Sunday night for myself and my husband.  I had dinner there when it opened but Mike has never been.  Problem?  He's working.  Oops.  Who wants to join me???



That's what's going on in my life, folks.  I am one hot mess these days.  How are you???

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Your blog looks beautiful, how exciting!

    p.s. that ice gif makes me wince every single time, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how RPM is... my friend is obsessed with G and every time she comes to visit, we entertain the idea of going, but end up going somewhere else instead because it's a little out of our way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, you're leaving for Maui! Lucky you! :D
    Love the new design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the new look, meghan! i'm thinking of getting a redesign as well... i think i may have to wait until next month though, i may have to check out melissa! was it affordable? i may have to wait until after christmas to get the hubs to agree.

    i've also been thinking about advertising some... i seem to be kind of stuck right now, kind of in a blogging rut, and i want to try to push myself a bit more. of course i should probably start that by catching up on all my current favorites instead of going weeks without commenting... sorry about that, btw. ;)

    and i totally got sucked into a bill and guiliana marathon last night... i had to force myself to go to bed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how badly I wanna go to RPM...can I come??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I like the new layout! Esp since it lets me comment from IE8 (what I have to use for work) now.

    I have some shopping done (love Amazon too) but hardly any decorations. I am not too worried about that this year, since we will be in IA for Christmas. ;)

    WTG on the 8 miler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog looks great! I love G and B!!

    It has been hot here some days - I'm ready for some winter weather myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bloggy! Oh and I'll see you on Sunday for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the makeover!!! And of course I grabbed your lovely button. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I'll send you some of the snow we got! I am not thrilled with the driving situation!

    And I promise I will be emailing you back about your button on my blog. I've been so busy with work and our main opening person just broke her collarbone. It's been insane. So look for an email tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh that pool video makes me cringe!!! I bet that hurt sooo bad! Can you even imagine? I'm totally jealous that your going to be eating there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw Leeann and Sami's updates from RPM and I got so jealous! There was some cheese appetizer thing that had me drooling . . . ricotta? burrata? I don't know but it looked amazing! Can't wait for your full report :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new blog look! SO jealous about Maui for CHristmas!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new look is so great! I love it! And that video made me laugh then cringe! Haha!

    I can't believe you're wishing for snow. It "cooled" down here today to about 65. I was talking to my MIL (who's in South Bend) and she also lamented that it hasn't snowed yet. She explained that if it's gonna be so grey and dreary, at least it should also be snowy and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! That guy and the pool, that is terrible! Eeek!


    •♥•.¸¸.•♥• •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your new blog design!!! I'm so jealous because as you know via twitter messages (so sweet when you asked me! I have since taken it off private and is now public thanks to you asking :) I want a new one and new blog name SO bad! And your pic is GORGEOUS! Great photo of you.

    We got our first snow fall yesterday. It's hard to believe it would snow in Texas before Chicago! Crazy weather. Of course it's all melted by now, but yesterday the roads were so slick in the morning we got a two hour delay and didn't have to be at work until 10 so I wasn't complaining ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi meghan, i am IMPRESSED that you ran 8 miles. i havnt been in a gym since my teen years so i admire people that do a lot of exercise.

    sounds like you are having a nice time at the mo. thanks for your comment on my blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your new blog design. Yay for 8 miles! That's further than I've ran in months :)

    Happy you got a car in Maui- I've been to Kauai and Oahu, so I've got nothing for you regarding Maui.

    Can't wait to hear how RPM is. I got sucked into the bill and G marathon this weekend and thought it was such a cute show. And, I also want it to snow. I want to run while it's snowing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am behind on my Christmas shopping too! Although I did place quite a few orders online the other day and when I got home from work today, there were three boxes on my porch. I've never done much online Christmas shopping before, but that is definitely the way to go! Love the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am LOVING the re-design! It looks awesome! Um...and yeah. We're leaving for Mexico in a week (literally we'll be waiting on our plane at this time next week) and I have a bit of anxiety. We're headed to GA this weekend for a holiday thing and then I'll be frantically baking, packing, & finishing presents in time to head back to GA late Wed. night. Whoa. Too much. But guess I can't complain about a tropical vacay...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh and I'm totally grabbing a button :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...