12.21.2012

A "Cozy" Linkup!

Happy Friday, folks!  Today, you're getting TWO posts from me, which is pretty epic.  I can barely blog twice a week, let alone twice a day.

Anywho, I am linking up with Neely and Nicholl for their "Cozy Holiday" link-up!  The purpose is simply to show how we stay cozy during the winter months, and this gave me an excuse to talk about leg warmers.  So yeah.  I'm all over it.

First of all, I think it's important to note that there has been NO SNOW IN CHICAGO ALL WINTER.  And yes, we Chicagoans have been complaining about this incessantly.  And you can believe that we will complain even more when we actually DO get some snow.  Damn you, global warming.  But despite our lack of a winter wonderland, I like to pretend that Chicago really looks like this:






























And when it IS cold and snowy in Chicago, I love to participate in the following:

IMG_1869
(Find a fireplace.  Since I don't have one, I usually seek out wine bars & coffee shops that come equipped with one.  This happens to be D4 Irish Pub on Grand.)


IMG_1876
(Put on my leg warmers, and sip red wine in front of said fire.)


However, if we're talking about cozying up during the daytime hours, I substitute the wine for coffee from my Keurig. 


IMG_1782
(My current favorites!)

And put my feet up in front of the TV.  I'll usually substitute my leg warmers for compression socks.  But I have been known to wear leg warmers with my PJ's, too.

Untitled

How do you stay cozy during the holidays???

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I definitely go for the decaf and wear my knee high socks 24/7. I'm such a wimp in the chill!

    Happy Holidays, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer! It's definitely a perfect way to get cozy for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I need to get that coffee and creamer! I love the ways you cozy up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a fireplace and coffee, those are two of my fav cozy things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in my sweats during the cold weather! I change right out of my workout or work clothes every day and put on a hoodie with sweatpants and fuzzy socks. That is how I stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine, fire in the fire place, coffee and pumpkin spice?

    Can't think of a whole lot more!

    Came over from the link up...merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm! That is one of my favorite creamers! I love to prop three of my pillows up and read in bed with a hot cup of tea :) I have also been known to frequent wine bars in search of fireplaces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. My mom has been complaining since Thanksgiving that y'all haven't had any real snow. And I'm sure I'll hear further complaints once it finally gets there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...